• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drink Prices

John and Ari's Pop

Earning My Ears
We're heading out on the Magic on Feb 23. Our group has been know to enjoy a few cocktails here and there. Can anyone give me an idea of what drinks cost ?? Thanks

Hi! We'll be on the Magic on 2/23 also. There are a bunch of us who have checked in at the site for 2/23 on this forum. Welcome aboard!

The most economical way to enjoy cocktails is to stick with the "drink of the the day"-- these are listed in the daily Navigator and are also posted in the elevators. I'm sure you'll get lots of replies about the various drink prices.

If you're beer fans, there is a refillable glass in the ESPN area. I hear it's good if you like beer.

Looking forward to meeting you--Karen

Drinks of the day ran in $3.50 to 4 range in a plastic cup. You could get souvenier glasses with drinks for $6.50 to 7. Most simple cocktails were in the 4.50 range. Specialty or exotic drinks were around $6.50. One thing that I did on the Magic, but didn;t see offered on the Wonder was a drink special using the refillable mugs. On the 1/12 Magic, they would fill your mug with soda and vodka, gin, rum,or tequilla for $2.99, saved about 1.50 per drink that way. Note that gratuity is automatically added to the drink costs, so beware of double tipping (unless you want to)

I wish somebody had told me on my last cruise that they automatically added the gratuity! I couldn't figure out why the same server seemed to find me to offer me a drink .. and here I thought it was just my 'charming personality' .. lol. Little did I know my unknown extra tip probably financed a plane ticket back home! :)

Specialty Martinis served in a lounge, $5.25:
Champenoise
Berrytini
Moscow Blues
Citrontini
Side Car
Golden Session
Pink Cadillac

Classic Martinis:
Afficionado
Cosmopolitan
$4.75 with a house brand and $5.25 with a premium brand.

Draft beer (16 oz.) :
Domestic $3.25
Budweiser
Miller Lite

Imported - $4.00
Heineken

Canned / Bottled Beer:
Domestic - $3.25
Budweiser
Bud Light
Miller Lite
Coors Light

Imported $3.75
Heineken
Corona
Amstel Light
Beck's

Somehow, I found a card with the list of drinks served in Sessions mixed in with my luggage. I'll have to return it on my next cruise.

On the 1/12 Magic, they would fill your mug with soda and vodka, gin, rum,or tequilla for $2.99, saved about 1.50 per drink that way. Note that gratuity is automatically added to the drink costs, so beware of double tipping (unless you want to)

I can actually have an alcoholic drink in my mug for a fee too????!!!! Oh my gosh, this is just too much. I've always been a cheap date - one drink and I'm giddy. Only kidding. Not a big drinker but I'll definately ask for the drink of the day. Those are soooo yummy.

Kim ºOº

And don't forget the $2.99 Bloody Mary and Bellini specials between 10.00am and 12.00pm on sea days - somehow I never made it to my planned events on those days. Can't think why!

They also offer 2 for 1 drinks, but I can't remember what day that was (maybe I had too many at the time).

Don't forget the free cocktails in the Atrium on the formal night. Also free cocktails at the returning DCL cruisers reception.

MJ

kshabare -

I think you misunderstood part of the post about using your drink mug with an alcoholic addition. The offer is to add gin, rum, vodka, or tequilla to your refillable mug that has soda in it, like for a rum and coke for an additional $2.99.

I don't think they will sell you the drink of the day in your refillable mug for that price, after all, it holds 12 ounces. :)

mmouse37 -
The only time that I noticed 2 for 1 drink specials was on Friday evening, and it was from 10pm to midnight, and only in the Promenade Lounge and Rockin Bar D.

There were 2 for 1 Margheritas on sail-away from St Thomas at the deck 9 bars! And I got a Mai Tai in my beer mug (got the photo to prove it) but don't think this is standard practice - just had a wonderful bartender who I tipped outrageously during the cruise!

NCRedding said:

Drinks of the day ran in $3.50 to 4 range in a plastic cup.

You can also get the drink of the day in the evening at one of the clubs in a glass glass if you prefer. We did that often because drinks taste so much better out of glass instead of plastic.

:)

12-8-01 Magic

I'm giggling at your response to me. I did understand the pricing. I guess I was thinking of all of that alcohol. Actually, reading your response I hoped you didn't think I was gong to have them fill the whole thing with vodka or rum. lol I guess that means $2.99 for a shot or so? I'll probably stick to the drink of the day just the same. I have two glasses at home already though - I'll opt for the cheaper choice.

Kim ºOº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter