Drink of the day souvenir cups

Msidescooter

Mouseketeer
Are the drink of the day souvenir cups different for each ship? We have a couple from our last sailing and I was thinking about packing them to use on our next cruise.

Thanks!

image.jpg I have one from the dream and I've seen other people's pics. There's the odd coloured one or special cruise comme rating one but for the most part they all look the same as mine. I'm bringing mine next cruise and I've read posts from other people who brought theirs.

Here's mine

Awesome! I didn't want to buy another cup and have it sitting around at home. Reusing the ones we have sound so much better! :)

I think we ended up with three different colored versions of these cups on our last cruise, but generally speaking, there was no particular reason why one was a different color than the others -- i.e., one didn't mean we got a certain "deal" at one place vs. another...they just happened to give us different colors (all "clear," but with different tints). I kept telling my wife that we already had a cup and re-buying them seemed to defeat the whole purpose of the "drink of the day" specials, but alas...the cup wasn't carried at all times, and there were times when the drink was calling her (or my) name and we didn't want to hike back to the stateroom to get the cup. Anybody know if they have tokens/cards for this cup like they do for the beer mug, or is that available just because the mug is actually made of glass and fairly heavy to be lugging around?

We've done two different DCL ships and the cups were exactly the same on both, so I'm guessing (to answer the original question) there is no real difference.

Ideally, not having to buy a new set to have cluttering up the house.

Tru dat -- when we ended up with the three different colored ones (see above), we still opted to leave them on the ship, rather than take them home and end up just leaving them in a box packed away somewhere (in a rare, anti-hoarding moment for us!).

Just ask for them in the normal glass. The drinks will be cheaper. No need to bring glasses onboard to ask them to use those; I actually doubt they would. Though if you want the fun of it, still get it in the normal glass then just pour the drink into your brought-onboard glass.

I have one of those souvenir cups from one of my past cruises. Instead of packing the cup I would much rather pack a bottle of wine, but hey do what you please.

Great Idea! Im gonna bring ours since we bring our own drinks on the boat. Our first cruise we bought a drink the first day and used our cups the whole time. This time we will just bring the old ones. Yay! Save a little cash. :cool1:

We are going on our first cruise next month. How much do the drink of the day (alcohol included) usually run? With and With out the cup. Are they just walking around with them or do you have to order them at one of the bars?

I think it's $11 with the cup and around $5 without. When you buy the drink if the day without the souvineer cup its a smaller cup. You can buy them at the bars or walking around. Sometimes people will say the ones walking around might be more melted.

But you don't HAVE to buy the souvenir cup. You can get the drink of the day in a regular cup - just ask for it that way. True at Sail Away you might need to go to the bar to get it, but other than that it's no problem to get it in a regular cup.

But you don't HAVE to buy the souvenir cup. You can get the drink of the day in a regular cup - just ask for it that way. True at Sail Away you might need to go to the bar to get it, but other than that it's no problem to get it in a regular cup.

True, but the regular cups are smaller, so you're paying more per ounce. I know it's splitting hairs, but if i can get more for less, I'm all for it!

True, but the regular cups are smaller, so you're paying more per ounce. I know it's splitting hairs, but if i can get more for less, I'm all for it!

I don't think they really are that much smaller. I just measured one of mine, and it held 2 cups (16 ounces) filled to the brim. The regular cups they serve the drinks in are (I think) the same as the 16 ounce beer cups, so it's probably about the same.

Even if you do get a little less in the regular cups, you can get 2 of them for the price of 1 in a souvenir cup - so your $/oz of alcohol is less - if you don't care about the cup! More to drink :drinking1, less to pack that way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter