Drink around WS suggestions, not beers

fizz13

<font color=33cc99>Dreams about being stuck on Spa
Hi there,

know this has probably been done before, but I need one suggestion for an alcoholic drink from each country in the showcase, not beers or ales though please. Going for a birthday trip in August, just me and my boyfriend, and it is his first time at the World.

Will compile the list at the top of this thread so that it helps other people too. some countries I can remember exactly what is available, and others, like Morocco and China, I cant think of a single alcoholic drink:lmao: so very hard to plan it out.

all suggestions welcome. let the booze list commence:goodvibes

Canada- Ice wine

United Kingdom- Welsh Dragon

France- Grand Marnier Slushee, Grey Goose Slushee, Pomegranate Kir Royale, Kir Royale, champagne

Morocco- Sultans Colada

Japan- plum wine, sake

Germany- wine, Reisling,

Norway- Viking coffee

Mexico- fiesta margherita

Italy- Rosa Regale, wine, Belini, frozen Italian margherita

China- peach shnapps tea slushie

USA-

I LOVED the first sip of the Margarita in Mexico Kiosk....it was the rainbow one and almost knocked me on my fanny........delicious but very strong....I Also like the ***i Plum Wine at Japan...That is a must do each visit but I also can get a bottle now in my home town....
But sorry, when I am hot in Disney I love having a cold beer......

Frozen Lime Margarita in Mexico
Rosa Regale in Italy
Viking Coffee in Norway
Sake in Japan
Wine in Germany (we usually stick with beer here so I'm pretty useless with alternative suggestions)

France has many lovely options: Grand Marnier Slushee, Lemon Citron Slushee, Pomegranate Kir Royale, Kir Royale, plain old champagne

Canada is beersville unless you dine at Le Cellier; Americatown is beer only too, to the best of my knowledge; Great Britain has some non-beer options at the Rose & Crown pub but again, we always stick with beer here. And China ... never had any booze in China (that was worth remembering) but there are some options at the Joy of Tea Stand.

Rosa Regale in Italy - it's my DH's and my honeymoon/anniversary champagne/wine. They serve it with chocolates!! Unfortunately you can't buy a bottle to drink in the park - they will only allow you tp pick it up at the entrance to the park or have it delivered to your room. We spend a lot of $$$ on multiple glasses of this stuff.

We also always get some kind of generic champagne in France and a wine flight in Germany. There is also an orange colored drink in France that is really good.

Stay away from the wine in China - it was sickenly sweet!!!

Canada- Ice Wine (sweet, made from frozen grapes, not sticky sweet!)
United Kingdom - belly up to the bar inside the Rose and Crown
France - the orange slushy is Gran Marnier, white is the refreshing Grey Goose Slushe - both HIGHLY reccommended!! :thumbsup2
Morocco - no thoughts!
Japan - PLUM wine!!
China - nope
Germany - wine flight or a Reisling Wine (inside a shop way back on the right)
Norway - nope
Mexico - Not into the FIesta Magarita (the rainbow) I like a plain frozen Margarita (rumors have a tequilla bar going in someday!)
USA - here's where I get a Sam Addams!
Italy - ROSA REGALE! Hands down, dont miss! Its a red colored, berry smelling champagne like drink!! :thumbsup2 (and our home liquor store sells it for $19 a bottle, last time in '08 at WDW - they were selling it for the same price! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2)

just got back from doing the wine flight in both Germany and Italy, both were good but since I'm a white zin girl I liked the Germany one much better. The ones from Italy were more on the dry side even though I got the sweet flight, the regale champagne that others were talking about is also good in Italy. They also have a wine flight that gives you a couple of wines from Germany, Italy and France I might try that one next time.:tiptoe: although this would be me walking after the first country!

I'm a big fan of the pomagrante kir in france! Not on the menu, but they'll make it if you ask!

Thanks everyone, keep them coming:goodvibes

I'd skip the Sultan's Colada at Morrocco - either that or ask for it without the almond liquer - :scared:

In China - definately try the Peach Snap - it is very good and you don't taste the alcohol.

And please take my advice - eat something during the day. Stopping for lunch made all the difference for me. I was starting to feel a little tippsie, I stopped and had some water, then we ate lunch. After lunch, I was ready to go again and enjoy a few more drinks. If we hadn't eaten, I would have probably ended up sick to my stomach.

Most of the drinks are very strong and very sweet (or at least contain lots of sugar - even if you don't taste it).

It was a lot of fun, enjoy yourself :banana::banana::banana::banana:

In China, the Joy of Tea kiosk has a few frozen mixed drinks. They used to have a plum wine green tea smoothie that I loved, but last time I was there it had been replaced with something similar that I didn't really enjoy. I think there's a peach tea-peach schnapps slushie offered there.

Italy has a drink stand just before you get to the restaurant that serves frozen Italian Margarita's. They are made w/ Grappa and Lemoncello Liquor. Really good!

I read about Rose Regale here back on 7/13 and immediately asked my dad to pick me up a bottle and bring it with him when we met for vacation last week. He lives in MD where 1) it was available and 2) it was cheaper. So we get to the beach last week and he's all like, "Here's your wine." For the life of me, I COULD NOT REMEMBER WHY I asked him to buy that wine for me or where I'd read about it. I had to come back to my PC, look to see the date and time of the e-mail I sent to him with the request, and then check my internet browsing history to figure out I read about it here, on the DIS! :rotfl2:

I haven't cracked it open yet, but I plan to this weekend!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter