• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dressing like iron man at WDW?

belle118

Earning My Ears
Anyone else have a kid who insisted on wearing a non-disney costume at one of the theme parks? Just wondering how common it is.

Ever since Halloween a couple months ago, DS(4) is obsessed with his iron man costume. He wanted to wear it on our trip a couple weeks ago to WDW, so I packed it but also brought a pirate outfit for pirate's league, hoping that would be enough. Well, Wednesday, Dec. 15th, he was happy to be a pirate pirate:, but Thursday he was ready to be iron man. I flat out said no. :sad2: But on Friday, DH convinced me to let him wear it to epcot.

To my great surprise, our server at Le Cellier said he had seen several kids dressed like my son and inquired as to where we got the costume. I was like... walmart..:confused3

anyone else?

Iron Man is now a Disney-owned property.

The last Iron Man movie even featured a thinly-veiled "Walt Disney" character, a pseudo Disney Theme Park (Epcot-like) and music composed by one of the Sherman Brothers (who wrote the music for Carousel of Progress, Small World, Mary Poppins, and dozens of other Disney songs.)

Ah, they are kids. Let them dress as their favorite characters. I doubt Disney gets upset over it.

My son dressed as Ben 10 for MNSSHP. A couple of people recognized him and he was thrilled! It's all good. :goodvibes

Robo is right... Iron Man, as well as all other Marvel Comics characters are now Disney property... just stop in the Villians in Vogue store at DHS... it now predominantly features merchandise featuring Marvels heros. Even if this wasn't true, I still wouldn't see a problem with your son wearing his favorite Iron Man costume... kids are kids.

As long as you are spending $$$, you could all dress up like Shamu and they will love you all the same.

Let the kid be a kid and have a great time.

Merry Christmas!

WDW Guest Appearance Guidelines. (reprint from WDW website FAQ.)

Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

. Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character

. Masks (unless you are dressing up for a particular event)
Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics

. Excessively torn clothing

. Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
Objectionable tattoos.

A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

WDW Guest Appearance Guidelines. (reprint from WDW website FAQ.)

Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:

. Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character

. Masks (unless you are dressing up for a particular event)
Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics

. Excessively torn clothing

. Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
Objectionable tattoos.

A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

I was pretty sure that there's an exception for those under 10. Like children. Otherwise all those cute little girls would not be in princess dresses.

So yeah, POWER UP and hero up and all those other things Iron Man says, and rock out the costume little guy.

The one advantage of Disney owning Marvel, lol, is planning to wear my X Men tshirt to WDW. :lmao:

They were selling Iron Man costumes for kids in HS around Halloween time this year. :) There were also a few other Marvel costumes, but I cannot recall who else beyond the Hulk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter