• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dressing for the weather - 2/12-18

famofour

Mouseketeer
The forecast says highs in the 50's-60's, low's in the 40's for the time we will be there starting on Friday...

So... I'm thinking jeans and/or shorts with short sleeves and sweatshirts? Probably no tank tops? :( Do we need to dress even warmer than that - coats??? We are coming from Upstate NY (temps in teens/20's right now)

It's also gonna rain Friday.But it won't last all day.But Sat is going to be cool and windy.So I would say jeans and A medium jacket or sweat shirt should be fine.Remember most of the ques are inside and will be heated so don't overdress.

Hope this helps

The wind chill can be a bit much at times, especially when the sun sets. I'd probably bring a mix. The weather can change in a second, so you might even get some warm weather. :)

Have a good time!

The forecast says highs in the 50's-60's, low's in the 40's for the time we will be there starting on Friday...

So... I'm thinking jeans and/or shorts with short sleeves and sweatshirts? Probably no tank tops? :( Do we need to dress even warmer than that - coats??? We are coming from Upstate NY (temps in teens/20's right now)

We will be there around the same time and are only coming from Louisiana. I would pack jeans and leggings (my daughter is 4 and prefers them to jeans). I am only packing 2 pairs of shorts for each of us. We are cruising to the Bahamas first with Disney so I am also packing swim suits and my children will probably brave the heated pool at AKL at some point during our resort stay. Wear short sleeves then put a pull over or sweat shirt jacket or medium weight jacket over it. We find ourselves taking off layers then putting them back on later in the day and it is easier if it just something you can tie around your waist. Sometimes coming from colder weather to here, you can stand shorts more than someone from the South can with it being so windy right now, but that is my suggestion. Laundry services are available and the great thing about jeans is that you can usually get away with wearing them more than once.

We're from upstate NY too going around the same dates as you. The only day that I'm really worried about is Friday. I booked Discovery Cove and it is supposed to be in the 50's and raining and I can't switch it because of our schedule. I'm bringing a mix of shorts and capris for myself and a couple of pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of jeans and t-shirts and a sweatshirt each. I'm thinking that we'll probably wear shorts all day and wear a sweatshirt if we need to in the mornings and evenings. If you go to weather.com, you can look up the weather for Universal Studios instead of just Orlando. Not sure how much more accurate it is, but then again, it's changed every single time I've checked it.

Weather has been very crazy. Just a day or two ago, we were supposed to be expecting 60s and an occasional 70 this week. Now it's all in the 50s. Prime example of the crazy weather.

Weather has been very crazy. Just a day or two ago, we were supposed to be expecting 60s and an occasional 70 this week. Now it's all in the 50s. Prime example of the crazy weather.

Welcome to the crazy weather in Florida in the winter!!

If you see someone walking around in shorts and short sleeve shirt anytime between 2/14 and 2/18, it is probably me!! Current temp in central North Dakota... -8!!! A 50 to 60 degree swing will be awfully nice!!

If you see someone walking around in shorts and short sleeve shirt anytime between 2/14 and 2/18, it is probably me!! Current temp in central North Dakota... -8!!! A 50 to 60 degree swing will be awfully nice!!
Oh...I'm sure you won't be the only one. ;)

We will be there from Sunday to Friday.. week of Mardi Gras.. we are packing Jeans, sweaters, and jackets..

We are planning on Jeans, longsleeve shirts or pullovers during the day.. and jackets at night..

Maybe we'll see you there!!!

We are there later that week too and plan on packing jeans and sweatshirts. The first day will seem mild since we are coming from much colder weather but it sure doesn't take your body long to acclimatize.

It won't seem mild at all. I came from Ohio with nine degree windchills and 60 degrees here instantly felt cold to me. 60 degrees up north is warm, in Florida, it's freezing. The air is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter