• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dressing for daytime highs in the low 60's

Caramel

Earning My Ears
Happy holidays everyone! We are headed to DLR mid December. We went October 2010 and it was easy to pack because the weather was guaranteed warm every day. With our upcoming visit, the temps will likely range from overnight lows in the low 40's to highs in the low 60's. The sun will start setting shortly after 4pm as well. So I know we'll need jackets early and late in the day.

But what about once the sun is up? Will low 60's feel warm during the day? Can we get away with short sleeves, capri pants, shorts during the day? Will we be roasting in long pants and long sleeves at noon? We're from the north so not sure if daytime winter in CA feels like spring here.

For me, low 60's is t-shirt and jeans/shorts weather. I run hot, so the cooler it is, the better it is.

Having been there last week, my experience was dressing in layers works best.
T-shirt with a fleece or sweatshirt over it... stripping to the t-shirt by noon, and grabbing a locker at the Esplande.. worked best for us.

Have a great trip!

We were there the weekend before Thanksgiving. Highs were in the low 60s (with rain one day). At this time of year, the high doesn't stick around for very long. It takes several hours to warm up, then it seems to start cooling down within a few hours.

I wore jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and a swearshirt to the park in the mornings. I probably could have taken off the swearshirt at some point, but tended to keep it on all day. When it started getting dark, I would add a jacket over my sweatshirt. My whole family dressed pretty much the same way and everyone was comfortable. When we stayed late, I felt like I could have used a pair of gloves, but I didn't bring any.

We go in February and the temps are in the 60s. I wear jeans and fleece top. Coat at night as it does cool down.

You can pick out the Californians in this weather as they are dressed in parkas or heavy coats. The Canadians are wearing shorts and t-shirts. :)

Happy holidays everyone! We are headed to DLR mid December. We went October 2010 and it was easy to pack because the weather was guaranteed warm every day. With our upcoming visit, the temps will likely range from overnight lows in the low 40's to highs in the low 60's. The sun will start setting shortly after 4pm as well. So I know we'll need jackets early and late in the day.

But what about once the sun is up? Will low 60's feel warm during the day? Can we get away with short sleeves, capri pants, shorts during the day? Will we be roasting in long pants and long sleeves at noon? We're from the north so not sure if daytime winter in CA feels like spring here.
For mid December you will need pants and sweaters ... it gets pretty cold in the afternoon.

we went last month (mid-Nov) and it was supposed to be in the 70s-80s, but it ended up being a lot colder than advertised. I say bring layers, cause you never know.

You can pick out the Californians in this weather as they are dressed in parkas or heavy coats. The Canadians are wearing shorts and t-shirts. :)

Let's be specific...SOUTHERN Californians :thumbsup2 It's different up for us NorCal people, especially those of us in the mountains :goodvibes

Layer, layer, layer. I prefer jeans when it's in the 60's but I like 85*. Once the sun sets it chills quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter