• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

dress up or not to dress up that is the question

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
im talking about MNSSHP(I think i spelt it right). i have just discovered the party and thought it would be really fun for me and my boyfriend to go to. but i wanted to know if you didn't dress up would you feel out of place and do you think you would get better interaction with characters if you did?

The missus and I dress up at MNSSHP. Last year we were dressed as High School Musical characters. Sometimes the cast memebers and guests would yell out "What Team?!?", and we would yell back "WILDCATS!". It was fun.

You will not be out of place if you didn't wear a costume. But it is more fun to wear one. This year my wife is going to be a witch and I am still undecided. Probably a Wildcat again since I spent a fortune on the basketball uniform...

Either way you will not be alone. Some people dress up while others do not. We are taking our kids and I am wearing a Halloween shirt but no costume. I no longer dress up for Halloween.

I went in 2006 not dressed up and 2007 dressed up. It was more fun the second time. In 2009 I will go again and am already looking at outfits, maybe a taven wench or egyptian princess or vampire

I think if you decide to dress up you will not be disappointed. I think it will make it even more special, so go for it dress up and have a great time:cool1: We are going in October and cant wait!!! Snow white for me and Indiana jones for my DS donald Duck for my step ds giselle for my dd my husband is still undecided but I am not letting him back out how often does one get to dress up for MNSSHP!!!!:goodvibes

If your at the party this Tuesday Sept 23 look for Peterpan & Tinkerbell:banana: :cool1: :woohoo: We turn back the time when were at Disney, 45 today this Sat age 8.:laughing: Tina

You absolutely will not feel out of place, no matter what you decide. You will see everything, from normal theme park clothes, to a little effort, like a Halloween t-shirt or a little face paint, to full-on head-to-toe costumes on adults!

I have to say, last year I was Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and I had so much fun trick or treating for candy and I got lots of "Hi Sally" from the Jack Skellington's I saw there.

I'm thinking, Cruella DeVille for this year!!! :scared1:

Have fun! pixiedust:

My dh and I and our 2 teens are planning to go to the MNSSHP next October ('09). We have been discussing costumes now since our last trip this past Feb. As of right now, Dh is going as Smee, I am going as Queen Narissa from Enchanted (the evil queen with the kickin' outfit!), our then 17yo will be going as a Kingdom Hearts character, and our then 15yo will be going as Robin Hood. We are all so excited about getting to go!

I was suprised to see how many people including children do not dress up.:confused3
We did all dress up as pirates.pirate: We did get alot of comments and it was fun.
If you choose to get dresses up I would do something simple and comfortable.:)

We went to one of the 1st P&P Parties-not sure what to expect & there were lots of kids & adults dressed up. I wish we had known more about it-I would have loved to dress up....so go for it!!!

one year DH and i went to MNSSHP - both wearing black t-shirts with neon orange printing: "this IS my halloween costume" !!

We will not be dressing up. We will simply be too tired to mess with it.

We will be going to the party on 10/10, after spending the day in DHS and prior to see Atlantis launch. To make matters worse, we arrive in central Florida the evening before and intend to go to Fort Wilderness that evening for the campfire/water parade and we will have to get up early on the following moring to take the Epcot segway tour.

Our lazy long weekend at WDW is getting all packed up with scheduled activities.

This year will be the first that my husband and I will attend MNSSHP. We don't have children, so it will just be the two of us. We plan on dressing up...I'm a little more into than he is. I'm not worried about not fitting in; I'm just worried that people won't "get" our costumes. I'm currently planning on going as the girl on the tight-rope, above the alligator, in the Haunted Mansion stretching picture. My husband will be the alligator. I'm just worried that it's too obscure, and I may look like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I say dress up. How often does the opportunity present itself when you're an adult?

VelvetGloves

You absolutely will not feel out of place, no matter what you decide. You will see everything, from normal theme park clothes, to a little effort, like a Halloween t-shirt or a little face paint, to full-on head-to-toe costumes on adults!

I have to say, last year I was Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas and I had so much fun trick or treating for candy and I got lots of "Hi Sally" from the Jack Skellington's I saw there.

I'm thinking, Cruella DeVille for this year!!! :scared1:

Have fun! pixiedust:

I am doing Cruella this coming trip Oct 4th we are doing MNSSHP!!!! Shes a fun one to do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter