• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dress up night on 3 night cruise

Bekah21

Mouseketeer
I really want my family to dress up more like the formal nights for us to get pictures taken.

Will we stick out like a sore thumb if we do this?

No, you won't stick out. THe night is listed as "dress up optional." Some people dress up, some don't. No one can predict the mix on your specific cruise, but with 4000 people on board, some will definitely dress!

I love getting our pictures made while on DCL. Great opportunity and usually get very good family portraits! We always dress up and also do some casual pictures too.

Thanks we currently do not have ANY family pictures with the four of us. Hopefully in the next two years that will change, but we wouldn't dress up this much to go get pictures. I think it would be fun to get really dressed up for pictures on the cruise. I think we will, I just didn't want to be the odd man out! :o

I brought my son's and husband's suits for one night at dinner - my daughter and I have dresses to wear as well. I think someone had previously posted that people even wore tuxes and formal gowns!!!

Although it is only a 3 nighter I don't think it matters if you choose to dress up! This may be our ONLY cruise (depending on how the kids and us fare!!!) so we wanted to make it the most special!

Dress up and enjoy!!!

I agree. I would even consider getting suits or renting tuxes for my DH and DS. I am wearing a formal gown and DD wants to also...she's a 6 year old girly girl that will be 8 then. Hubby and I didn't have a wedding as we ran off to the mountains to marry. So I have NEVER seen him in a tux. I think it would be fun. It's not often us laid back, redneck, jeans and tshirts folks get to doll up for dinner!!!

We took the 4 night cruise to the Bahamas and totally over dressed everynight, and got really into the pirate themed night (even had fellow cruisers think we were part of the cast..LOL) I have the best family pics from that vacation. It is YOUR vacation, do what you want with it. As I told my family, we dont know anyone on this cruise, lets have fun and be silly. My kids have the best memories. We are no gearing up for a 7 days cruise next year. Have fun!!!

We took the 4 night cruise to the Bahamas and totally over dressed everynight...

I don't think it is possible to overdress! Elegant restaurant, food well prepared and beautifully presented, professional and very well dressed servers...dressing nicely for every dinner is VERY appropriate. Plenty of folks choose to be casual on their vacation, and that's fine, but overdressed? Can't be done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter