Dress like a Princess at CRT?

Nicki501

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

We have been to Akhershus in the past and quite a few girls dressed up as different princesses at dinner (not so much at lunch). We have a ressie for dinner at CRT for our trip in July. Is it common for girls to dress up as Cinderella for this experience?
TIA.

Last time we did BBB and then lunch at CRT. I would say half the girls were dressed up. We are going again in a little over a week :cool1: and we are doing the same thing.

It's WDW and I would be fine if my girls dressed as princesses all day long.

If your princess has a favorite and wants to dress up I would say let her. I know I love it.

In Sept my girls had their make overs at BBB and they were Rapunzel and Belle and then dined at CRT. They loved being so fancy for dinner!

Our DD loves dressing up in the parks - just for walking around or for meals.

In July (or any hot month) I'd strongly recommend walking around in regular clothes and changing for dinner. Or start off in the princess outfit when it's cooler, change into regular clothes and change back for dinner. Princess outfits aren't known for being the coolest (temperature-wise) outfits out there.

DD5 dressed as Cinderella on both of our tips to CRT (one lunch and one dinner). DD3 was Ariel on both of our meals. We've also done Akershus twice and from our experiences, there are more little girls dressed in princess attire at CRT. I'm sure some of it is b/c the castle location of BBB is just across the way.

Our DD loves dressing up in the parks - just for walking around or for meals.

In July (or any hot month) I'd strongly recommend walking around in regular clothes and changing for dinner. Or start off in the princess outfit when it's cooler, change into regular clothes and change back for dinner. Princess outfits aren't known for being the coolest (temperature-wise) outfits out there.

Seconding this good advice. My daughter changed before the dinner at CRT.

At CRT, there are girls dressed up and not, probably more dressed up (either in princess or other fancy dresses) but there are also a lot of girls who also have fancy hair from BBB, so I am glad that we at least did the dress.

I didn't really think of dressing up before the trip, so I didn't pack anything for her to wear to the trip other than regular park clothes. We bought a Tiana dress at the park, because my daughter loved the dress even though Tiana wasn't at CRT, but we had no shoes. They sold flip flops that would have matched, but were out of her size. She had sneakers and Minnie red and white flip flops. We opted for flip flops and cropped them out of the photo. :-)
If you plan to buy a dress at the park, bring shoes! :-)

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I am going to pack a Cinderella costume for her from home. I think she will change just before dinner because she couldn't possibly be comfortable in July in that costume (although she may try to wear it all day :headache:). I have to remember the shoes! I will probably incorporate shoes that will match her costume into her outfit that day.

I feel much better.

I myself, being a 6'3" guy, might not wear a princess dress there, but I couldn't imagine not bringing my 5 year old in hers. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter