• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dress Delivery morning of?

sambycat

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had or going to have their dress delivered the morning of your morning wedding? Eek! It seems that they can bring it at 4 the day before which is our check in day and the time that we actually have one group meal scheduled! I emailed them and they suggested 8am the morning of the wedding. I think it's close and obviously if a meteor hit their truck I would be screwed, but I'm kind of game. My one concern was that the guy who emailed made a comment about how it would be good to have them get in and out before hair and make up, who ate coming at 6 am, which makes me think actually he may be sniffing dry cleaning fluid and be terribly confused....

Since I am only checking into the GF that day, theoretically Carolyn alleys shouldn't assume we will get an early check in, but I am assuming I will!! I can just run off from the dinner, I guess but it's turning out yo be the one thing aside from thebig day I am looking forward too.....

What if you don't get an early check in?

My planner strongly advised me against changing resorts on the day of the wedding.

Yes! They delivered my dress at 5:30am on our wedding day. Two people brought it and steamed it while Patricia was doing my makeup. Maybe it's cuz there was no one else in the room, but it didn't seem to be a conflict at all...

What we are doing is checking into the GF the day before so I will stay there the night before. I am hoping I can get into the room a bit early but it doesn't really matter too much. What we can't rely on would be asking for a delivery time prior to the check in tins and assume we will definitely have a room!! Sounds like I could get an earlier delivery time then! He just doesn't realize when we start!!

Thanks!

Will any of your family or bridal party already have a room? Maybe it could be delivered there the day before, before your dinner.

actually, nobody is staying at the GF - and we are staying off property before that. so it will be my place to get ready the night before, and then we are both staying there the wedding night. it was too much to stay on property for the family members we are helping to house!!!

anyway, i emailed the steamers and will see if they can come earlier!

I was married last month and Carolyn Allen's delivered my dress the morning of my wedding and then stayed for a couple hours to steam my bridesmaids dresses as well. The entire thing went flawlessly - I feel like they have everything under control and know what they are doing. They've been in business for a long time. I wouldn't worry about it you're in good hands!

good to hear, thanks! we are going to have it delivered that morning at like 6am!! i didn't know they got up that early! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter