• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dress Code

AMcBrick

Earning My Ears
OK, so I know this subject is a point of contention and I also know that this subject has been brought up time and again but...

My biggest concern right now is not being properly dressed for dinner after being in the parks. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge and have ressies at California Grill, Narcoosies and Citrico's....these were planned for where we'll be on each night and I'm not really concerned about these because we can always go back to the WL to change if need be without treversing the entire city that is Walt Disney World.

My concerns are the days we'll be at AK and then our Jiko ressie and also our ressie for Flying Fish after being at Epcot. I was planning on wearing sundress's with flip flops and the DH will probably wear something along the lines of cargo shorts and Polo's with Birks...will this be ok? I would like to avoid that feeling of walking into a restaurant and feeling completely underdressed and offending the people around me (all you lovely folks:cutie: ) I also plan to pack a few toiletries in my bag, deoderant, perfume etc.....what do you guys think?

OK, so I know this subject is a point of contention and I also know that this subject has been brought up time and again but...

My biggest concern right now is not being properly dressed for dinner after being in the parks. We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge and have ressies at California Grill, Narcoosies and Citrico's....these were planned for where we'll be on each night and I'm not really concerned about these because we can always go back to the WL to change if need be without treversing the entire city that is Walt Disney World.

My concerns are the days we'll be at AK and then our Jiko ressie and also our ressie for Flying Fish after being at Epcot. I was planning on wearing sundress's with flip flops and the DH will probably wear something along the lines of cargo shorts and Polo's with Birks...will this be ok? I would like to avoid that feeling of walking into a restaurant and feeling completely underdressed and offending the people around me (all you lovely folks:cutie: ) I also plan to pack a few toiletries in my bag, deoderant, perfume etc.....what do you guys think?

I think based on your descriptions you will be dressed appropriately.

Sounds like you will be fine!

I think a nicer flip flop would be great too rather than the rubbery ones. I know they may not be as comfortable but maybe you can bring them in your bag/backpack?

can you wear something sleeveless to signature dinning? or do females have to have sleeves on there shirts? just want to make sure:)

thanks
~Desiree

I don't think that's stipulated in the dress code anywhere - I've seen people wearing sundresses frequently.

At restaurants (excluding Victoria and Albert's) the require a dress code, things that are NOT permitted are:

• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops

Unfortunately, I don't think that I have ever seen anyone turned away at CG. And this was when their dress code was stricter.

I am sure jean shorts are fine at this point.

I think your good to go. Just did all these resturants back in April and they were sooooooooo good:thumbsup2 Have a great time

Also to the OP my son wears jeans they are dressie jeans and he was fine.

Based on our experience you will be okay as long as you leave your clothes on and even then I am not so sure it would be a problem.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter