Dress code questions - MDR, Remy, and Palo

DVCFan1994

DIS Veteran
I could swear I had read in a previous dress code post that pirate night was also the semi formal dress night, so people either dressed up nice or dressed up costume style. Read it once and forgot to ever double check the info. I am not a fan of the dress code debates and the hot topics they often turn into. I happily play by the rules but honestly don't feel impacted by those who don't, so I tend to steer clear of the topic when reading threads. However, in preparing to pack today I went to the DCL website to clarify the exact requirements for the other nights and it says for our 4 night cruise the first and last night are cruise casual, then there is one pirate or tropical night and one semi formal night. So now I need to adjust my plans for what to wear. We also have one dinner at Remy and brunch at Palo.

So my questions are:
1) What do people who do not dress as pirates (we won't be) wear on pirate night? Is it cruise casual or slightly dressy? Do little girls dress as princesses at all?
2) What do kids wear for semi formal night? I assume DS doesn't need a jacket, he can wear pants, shirt and tie, is that right? DD plans to wear a princess dress this night. I assume that will be okay and fairly common. I won't be with the kids in the MDR on this night. I'll be in Remy, my parents will have the kids. So I want to make sure they are good to go. My mom would be mortified if they weren't up to snuff. She has a gown ready to go;)
3) Remy, does DH need a suit? He looks nice in a suit but currently better in a pants, jacket and tie, as he's lost some weight and still is losing so has not purchased a new suit. I'm picking up my favorite cocktail dress at the dry cleaner tomorrow:)
4) For Palo brunch I am planning on a nice sundress, DH in pants and a dress shirt, no tie. Is that okay? Would a golf shirt suffice? This ones for my dad. My parents currently do not have Palo brunch res. but we are hoping to add them when we get on. My mom thought she made them but something went wrong and it was full when she went back. My dad would much prefer a golf shirt, and doesn't want to bring another dress shirt if he doesn't need one. He may not even be going to Palo and he'll have a golf shirt for that day anyway (he lives in them) so wondering if it would suffice for brunch if he does get a reservation.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have a truly exciting day of packing ahead. We leave start our drive Thursday. So excited I can barely sleep:yay:

From all my research on Remy (and I've done a lot and seen any # of photos) a suit is NOT required. Neither is a tie. A sport coat and slacks are all that is required.

Folks will tell you what they have worn, I am sure. But when we go in October, for me it'll just be the sport coat/slacks.

Pirate night is never the same night as semi formal or formal night.

Pirate night is never the same night as semi formal or formal night.

And I found that even if you don't dress up as a pirate, the atmosphere is a little more relaxed and if there is a night I'm going to fudge on my dinner attire, it's pirate night. Jeans, shorts, more casual shirts all seem to fit right in on that night.

Nancy

Hi, we were just on the 3/23 Fantasy- and I will try to answer your questions based on what we experienced.
1) What do people who do not dress as pirates (we won't be) wear on pirate night? Is it cruise casual or slightly dressy? Do little girls dress as princesses at all?

On Pirate night it is cruise casual. We wore matching Hawaiian shirts. I would say about 30% of the people dressed like pirates. The rest were casual. It is not a formal or semit formal night.

2) What do kids wear for semi formal night? I assume DS doesn't need a jacket, he can wear pants, shirt and tie, is that right? DD plans to wear a princess dress this night. I assume that will be okay and fairly common. I won't be with the kids in the MDR on this night. I'll be in Remy, my parents will have the kids. So I want to make sure they are good to go. My mom would be mortified if they weren't up to snuff. She has a gown ready to go.

For semi-formal night- we saw a wide range of what kids wore. A lot depends on their age, too. My 11 year old son wore a button down shirt and khakis. No blazer. Our tablemates had older boys and they wore navy blue blazers with khakis. Girls wore dresses, skirts, princess wear. Again- depending on the age. There were plenty who were dressed even more casual. I think people really go for comfort these days.

3) Remy, does DH need a suit? He looks nice in a suit but currently better in a pants, jacket and tie, as he's lost some weight and still is losing so has not purchased a new suit. I'm picking up my favorite cocktail dress at the dry cleaner tomorrow.

We did Remy brunch. My husband wore a tie and blazer- but not a suit. There were men without blazers for brunch. When we did Remy dinner on the Dream- he wore a blazer and tie as well. Not a suit. For dinner, I think as long as he has a blazer, he will be ok.

4) For Palo brunch I a.m planning on a nice sundress, DH in pants and a dress shirt, no tie. Is that okay? Would a golf shirt suffice? This ones for my dad. My parents currently do not have Palo brunch res. but we are hoping to add them when we get on. My mom thought she made them but something went wrong and it was full when she went back. My dad would much prefer a golf shirt, and doesn't want to bring another dress shirt if he doesn't need one. He may not even be going to Palo and he'll have a golf shirt for that day anyway (he lives in them) so wondering if it would suffice for brunch if he does get a reservation.

We also did Palo brunch. My husband wore a golf shirt (there were a lot of men in golf shirts. I wore a sundress with dressy sandals. There were plenty of women in capris.

I hope this helps. It may not be "right" or "wrong"- but it is what we wore and we were definitely appropriate. Enjoy your cruise and remember to have FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter