Dress code for California Grill

That would be perfectly fine and I can almost promise you that, with khakis and a polo, they will be some of the nicest dressed kids in there (and good for you/them for caring how they look...the world has forgotten how to look nice at nice places, or so it seems). Even so, although a "signature" restaurant, they realize that people will be coming directly from a theme park, so the expectations are managed accordingly. Last time we went, we rented a locker at the MK to keep some not-so-sweaty clothes available for dinner there, but that was probably overkill. Pretty sure that the only restaurant that truly enforces a very strict dress code would be V&A. As long as you're steering clear of cut-off jeans and t-shirts, you should be fine.

That would be perfectly fine and I can almost promise you that, with khakis and a polo, they will be some of the nicest dressed kids in there (and good for you/them for caring how they look...the world has forgotten how to look nice at nice places, or so it seems). Even so, although a "signature" restaurant, they realize that people will be coming directly from a theme park, so the expectations are managed accordingly. Last time we went, we rented a locker at the MK to keep some not-so-sweaty clothes available for dinner there, but that was probably overkill. Pretty sure that the only restaurant that truly enforces a very strict dress code would be V&A. As long as you're steering clear of cut-off jeans and t-shirts, you should be fine.

Oh yay! Thank you. I didn't know what to expect. It is tempting to just go straight to the restaurant from the park, but I thought we would change so we wouldn't be quite so grubby at dinner.

My oldest son hates khakis though and likes to wear athletic type pants. I am going to try to keep him from doing this, but from the sound of it, we wouldn't be turned away even if he did.

Yep, I always put my kids in polos and khaki pants or dressier cotton shorts, depending on the weather.

Tux for the men and evening gown for the ladies.

They play baccarat in the back room when not holding wedding parties. :lmao:

Polos and Khakis are fine. Basically so long as you're not in T-shirt and shorts you should be fine. I went with jeans (no holes), black tennis shoes and a polo shirt and had no problem.

:goodvibes

Polos and Khakis are fine. Basically so long as you're not in T-shirt and shorts you should be fine. I went with jeans (no holes), black tennis shoes and a polo shirt and had no problem.

:rotfl2:
Good to hear! I will have better luck getting my oldest to wear nice jeans instead of khakis!

They will be fine. We've seen a wide range of dress from straight from the park to cocktail dresses and suits. The dress code for the resort signature restaurants are more like guidelines so as long as you avoid the "Not Permitted" items you'll have no problem...and we've seen some of the those as well. The " no tank tops" refers to men.

Dress Code
At this signature dining experience, Guests are asked to adhere to the dress code.

Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.

Not permitted are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics.

Oh good. Thanks purple figment. We will have no problem avoiding the "not permitted" items!

Actually, t-shirts are allowed as long as they do not contain offensive language and/or graphics.

I saw plenty of t-shirts, shorts, baseball caps in the signature restaurants. It basically anything goes in those places now.

We went straight from the MK in tshirts and shorts. In our section we felt underdressed. We were staying at BC and it was just not convenient for us to go back. Most men/boys had of polo's with khaki shorts. Most women had on sun dresses.

we have eaten at several signatures and this was clearly the best. This is now a must do for us and will will work it out so we get changed and shower before coming to fully enjoy the meal. Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter