Dress Attire for Disney Dream's 3 night cruise...

Butler Family

Husband and Dad of a Disney Family
Thank you for advice in advance...

I am heading on our 1st Disney cruise this weekend May 13-16th. Really looking forward to the trip with the family, my boys are 9 and 6. For each night of the cruise, what is the dress attire required for the evening dinner? We will just be eating in the dining rooms with the kids as we have 3 other couples with kids going as well. Are slacks required at night in the family dining rooms? I wanted to just carry resort wear (i.e..nice shorts with collared shirts) and avoid taking slacks. Can you eat in the family dining rooms at night with resort wear shorts? I am not the type to wear gym shorts or bath suits in the evening but do like to wear just nicer shorts with collared shirts in the evening on family vacations. Is this acceptable? We do not have a formal night on this 3 night cruise.

Can anyone guide me in the correct direction here?

Thanks again for any help in advance!

From what I understand the kids can wear casual clothing for dinner. I plan to pack my 13 year old son kaki shorts and a polos ****s for dinner service with deck shoes for dressy sandals and something dressy casual for myself and 4 year old daughter.

We just went on the Dream in April. It is cruise casual every night, with an optional dress up one night and optional pirate attire on pirate night. My husband wore nice shorts and button up shirts. I wore capris with nice tops. Did not see anyone dressing up on our cruise.

Shorts and collared shirts, or t-shirts for that matter, will be fine. Gym shorts are also acceptable for the MDR.

Thank you for advice in advance...

I am heading on our 1st Disney cruise this weekend May 13-16th. Really looking forward to the trip with the family, my boys are 9 and 6. For each night of the cruise, what is the dress attire required for the evening dinner? We will just be eating in the dining rooms with the kids as we have 3 other couples with kids going as well. Are slacks required at night in the family dining rooms? I wanted to just carry resort wear (i.e..nice shorts with collared shirts) and avoid taking slacks. Can you eat in the family dining rooms at night with resort wear shorts? I am not the type to wear gym shorts or bath suits in the evening but do like to wear just nicer shorts with collared shirts in the evening on family vacations. Is this acceptable? We do not have a formal night on this 3 night cruise.

Can anyone guide me in the correct direction here?

Thanks again for any help in advance!
As noted, there's typically one "Dress Up Optional" night, as well as Pirate night. Generally the dining rooms are "Cruise Casual". And the only "dress code" is "no swimwear or tank tops at dinner". Beyond that you'll see all manner of dress for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter