Dreams Unlimited

GGALUSZKA

Earning My Ears
Hi, Just got a quote from DU and they were 192.00 less that allseastravel who I already have a reas through DU also offered 50.00 on board credit. Has any used DU and have you been completely satisfied??? Just wondering because 240.00 makes me want to switch reas

PS the room I have with allseastravel is 5131 and DU offered me 5127

Personally I loved Dreams Unlimited. Great rate, good to deal with...when we entered our state room for the first time there was even a gift from them waiting for us on the bed. We were very impressed with them.

I was for the most part happy with them. We were told there would be a $50 onboard credit since we used the disney visa and there was not a credit Disney said since we got the gift that we were booked as a group rate and I would have rather had the onboard credit then the gift. I was also told by dreams unlimited that I would receive a $50 rebate when I return from the trip and I still haven't received that yet. It has been about 7 weeks so maybe it takes a while, but other then that i was very satisfied.

I wish I could understand why some people who book with DU are getting the great rate and the $50 shipboard credit. I booked in Dec2004, paid deposit with my Disney Visa, and was told because I had a "group rate", I only have 1 cabin for 3 people, I couldn't get the shipboard credit also. I know the offer is new in 2005 but I have read where many people who go with DU are still getting the credit and the great rate even though they were already booked. Is this credit up to the discretion of the TA? :confused: It's only $50 in the overall picture but hey..every little bit counts.

We had the same thing. The way I understand it is that since we got the group discount, they could not give the addition $50 credit for Disney Visa. We were unable to combine deals. DU doesn't just book cabins at a group rate. They can also book regular cabins that are not included in the block of rooms they have.

For example, we had a regular ressie through DU for a cabin at a good rate. We were able to get the $150 rebate DU offered and the $50 credit Disney offered. But DU had a cancellation on one of their "group" cabins. Since it was about $700 less, we took that. But we "lost" the $50 credit. The only problem we had was that we lost our Main Seating and are now waitlisted for Main.

I'm sure someone else can explain it a little better. :)

We had a great time so far with DU. We have a cruise booked with them for my DH and I in Sept. We also booked a family cruise with them for oct 2006. Our family cruise was orginial booked for july and b/c of family things we had to change it to oct. DU was so easy to work with to get the cruise changed.

I just sent an email request for DU to give me pricing on an upcoming cruise....if someone from DU is reading this:

If I book a 3 day cruise prior to 1/31 deadline, do I get a $50.00 stateroom CREDIT and a $200.00 rebate? Or is the $200.00 rebate only for 7 day cruises?

TY

We also had booked with All Seasons when we got the quote from DU for 180 dollars cheaper (for 4 people). We called All Seasons to see if they would match the price and they did. So we didn't have to change anything on our res. and still got the discount. I think you only get the 50$ credit if you don't book the group rate.

bookedw/du for the second time. price shopped the first time for 1/8/05 eastern and could not find a better price.
today i went to a travel expo to see if i could get a good price for 1/14/06 western. du beat the price by around $700.00 from what disney was offering it for. when i turned the trip down i told the travel agent the price i got it for. she herself could not believe the price until i showed her a copy of the print out. she said she was goin to look into them to book herself because her company did not offer her any discounts.

For those of you who are bargain hunting... I have consistently found the cheapest rates with Costco Travel. They beat DU by about $300. Also, Dana at www.micdan.com seems to have great rates as well. At least it's worth a phone call.

Is Costco likes the Sam's Club? Do you have to be a member to get quotes from them?

We have used DU for two WDW trips and were very satisfied. We just received a quote and sent in a deposit for the December 24 Eastern Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter