• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams Unlimited vs DCL

PoohCorner57

Earning My Ears
OK...Now that you guys have convinced us that its ok to cruise on Thanksgiving...we will fly in the night before and stay at one of the recommended hotels (Radisson??)..we need some help deciding with whom to book. Dreams unlimited came in at $3900 for cat 8 stateroom for Nov 26-30
DCL was about $4200. Besides the price, are there any ups or downs to choosing one over the other? Is there a benefit as far as booking meals or excursions if I book with DCL???? Thanks!!!!

Once your cruise is paid for and you reach the 75 day mark, you will make your own arrangements through DCL. I know if I'm wrong someone will correct me really fast. We booked our first cruise through DU, got the OBC and even got one through DCL (haven't figured that one out). When we hit the 75 day point, I booked our excursions myself using the DCL website.

I booked our cruise thru DU because they, too were cheaper than DCL direct. DU will give you the DCL confirmation number so you'll be able to go on DCL's website and do all the excursion, spa, Palo rezzies 75 days prior (or whenever).

OK...Now that you guys have convinced us that its ok to cruise on Thanksgiving...we will fly in the night before and stay at one of the recommended hotels (Radisson??)..we need some help deciding with whom to book. Dreams unlimited came in at $3900 for cat 8 stateroom for Nov 26-30
DCL was about $4200. Besides the price, are there any ups or downs to choosing one over the other? Is there a benefit as far as booking meals or excursions if I book with DCL???? Thanks!!!!

If you are a member of Costco you may want to price them as well. They reward you with a cash card for the warehouse which may be be more appealing to you than a ship board credit.

Give some thought as to what kind of traveller you are, too. We used a company similar to DU, were assigned a TA who was very good about holding our hand, answering questions, and making sure we understood everything. It was that extra little service that made thing particularly pleasant for us.

There's really no reason to book direct with DCL when there are so many travel agencies that offer competitive prices in addition to other bonuses (such as stateroom credits or cashback). But you can always book with DCL and transfer the reservation to an agency, and in my case at least, I still qualified for the booking bonus from the agency.

Dreams unlimited came in at $3900 for cat 8 stateroom for Nov 26-30
DCL was about $4200.

The $4200 DCL price includes transfers and insurance. Does Dreams Unlimited's price include that? Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter