• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreams Unlimited Stateroom Gift NOT OBC

Forgotten Princess

Earning My Ears
I know the main perk of booking through DU is the OBC, but does anyone know if DU still leave a lovely gift in the SRs for the guests who have booked through them?

DU is mailing the gifts to the home instead of putting in stateroom. To the best of my knowledge its only for cruises going out of Port Canaveral. Not sure what, if any other arrangements have been made. You can always ask your TA.

Do they mail even if you're not from the US?
When they started mailing, it was only to clients residing within the US. I know they were intending to expand that to Canada, but I can't say for sure if they have. If you are driving to the PC area, you can email them and ask to pick your basket up.

DCL stopped allowing outside vendors from delivering to their ships. :(

We got our gift basket in the mail yesterday of our upcoming cruise. Lots of need/handy stuff in there. Big thanks to DU! Now we are looking forward to stoping in at the DU Welcome Center before heading to the port to see who from the DIS Unplugged/DU team we can meet. Last sailing we got to meet Teresa Echols.

I would love to see them be allowed to have them in your cabin again. We really enjoyed getting it that way.

A posting from earlier this year mentioned from DU that they were looking into pkgs for other ports but I have not seen or heard anything more.

I wish these were given to people sailing from any port. :-(
I find it difficult to understand why all ports are not included for getting the "thank you for booking with us gift" since they are mailing them out. This is my first booking with DU, sailing out of San Diego on a very expensive 2 week cruise and I will not receive the gift that a 3 day cruiser gets out of PC? Not wanting to feel entitled towards a nice gesture, but not feeling the love!

I find it difficult to understand why all ports are not included for getting the "thank you for booking with us gift" since they are mailing them out. This is my first booking with DU, sailing out of San Diego on a very expensive 2 week cruise and I will not receive the gift that a 3 day cruiser gets out of PC? Not wanting to feel entitled towards a nice gesture, but not feeling the love!
I believe the gift basket started in PC, with Shirley at the Perfect Gift being the provider. Since she was only delivering to PC (that's where she's located), that's why PC was where the only baskets were delivered. Since the banning of outside vendor deliveries, DU knows that people really liked getting those baskets and has since taken over mailing out the gifts. Yes, they could now expand the gifts to all other ports, as long as the cruise is booked through DU, but maybe it's too expensive to do so.

I believe the gift basket started in PC, with Shirley at the Perfect Gift being the provider. Since she was only delivering to PC (that's where she's located), that's why PC was where the only baskets were delivered. Since the banning of outside vendor deliveries, DU knows that people really liked getting those baskets and has since taken over mailing out the gifts. Yes, they could now expand the gifts to all other ports, as long as the cruise is booked through DU, but maybe it's too expensive to do so.
I'm probably just jealous! I feel the same way when people post the actual amount of a special really cheap rate that I can't get either . I have had really good customer service from DU and love the OBC!

They weren't posting to UK when we cruised in Feb - I think that would be impractical. However, we popped in the welcome centre before returning our rental car and checking in for our last cruise (it is near the port) and not only did they make us up gift baskets while we were there, but they also gave us other gifts and made us coffee! We only stopped to say thanks for doing such a great job with our booking!

We have received our DU gift baskets in the mail since DCL stopped allowing outsiders to deliver to the ship.

We are also on the EBPC! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter