Dreams Unlimited no response

I've never used DU as a TA, but my TA was available to me on July 4th poolside while on her vacation. In this day & age you shouldn't have to wait days for your TA to respond.

We've used DU for our 1/15 cruise (Merrie) and she has been wonderful. She is knowledgable about the ships and room types, has taken the time to learn what type of vacation travelers my children and I are and kept me apprised of any travel/out of office plans that she has. I would definitely request her again in the future and recommend her to friends.

People are always being told to stop by Guest Services to make sure Disney is aware of their issues. This thread is the same type of thing for DU.

I think you make an excellent point. No person, and in turn, no company is perfect. We are all human and make mistakes. We can have bad days. We can have issues in communication and follow through. We have lives outside of our jobs that sometimes take precedence.

If no one brings issues to my attention there is no way I can address and correct them and in turn make our company and our agents better.

I have had a tremendous opportunity this week to spend 3 full days so far with a majority of our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents. I will spend 2 more days with them and then a subset of us go onto another training session. This our best attended training ever and as a result it has put an extra burden on the agents who did not/could not attend. Thank you, thank you, thank you to those 'holding down the fort' this week.

Not only are my agents learning from me, and others I have brought in, but I am learning from them.

The dedication they have for their clients is incredible. The amount of time and energy they spend every day of the week – anywhere from 8 – 12 hours+ a day is remarkable. They love their clients. They think of them as family.

When I hear the lengths they go to when a discount is released and how they personally feel like they have failed if they can’t save their clients money, it makes me very proud of each and every one of them. They never give up until the day a client travels to try and save them money.

I understand that there are some that have had negative experiences with Dreams Unlimited Travel and I am very sorry for that. I wish everyone could have the perfect trip planning experience with us and their agents but that is not always the case. Sometimes expectations are not met, sometimes mistakes are made but I can assure you that every agent we currently have is extremely hard working and dedicated to their clients.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is part of The Walt Disney Travel Companies Earmarked Program for Travel Agencies. We have been since that program started. This year we are once again being recognized by Disney as one of their top sellers of Disney vacations in the world. I am proud of this accomplishment not only for myself and the other owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel but also for the agents who work so very hard to create magical pre-vacation experiences for their clients.

When I reviewed our numbers for this training I saw that Dreams Unlimited Travel has had the highest number of repeat clients this past year than we have ever had in the history of the company. Another incredible testament to the way our agents feel about and treat their clients - as well as how clients have come to trust us year-after-year with their precious vacations.

I am very proud of all of our Dreams Unlimited Travel agents and what they have accomplished this past year.

I will continue to monitor this thread, and any others, for folks having difficulty with Dreams Unlimited Travel. As always I encourage you to write to me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com so that I can assist you as quickly and efficiently as I can. I can only address and correct issues if they are brought to my attention.

I think you make an excellent point. No person, and in turn, no company is perfect. We are all human and make mistakes. We can have bad days. We can have issues in communication and follow through. We have lives outside of our jobs that sometimes take precedence.

If no one brings issues to my attention there is no way I can address and correct them and in turn make our company and our agents better.

I have had a tremendous opportunity this week to spend 3 full days so far with a majority of our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents. I will spend 2 more days with them and then a subset of us go onto another training session. This our best attended training ever and as a result it has put an extra burden on the agents who did not/could not attend. Thank you, thank you, thank you to those 'holding down the fort' this week.

Not only are my agents learning from me, and others I have brought in, but I am learning from them.

The dedication they have for their clients is incredible. The amount of time and energy they spend every day of the week – anywhere from 8 – 12 hours+ a day is remarkable. They love their clients. They think of them as family.

When I hear the lengths they go to when a discount is released and how they personally feel like they have failed if they can’t save their clients money, it makes me very proud of each and every one of them. They never give up until the day a client travels to try and save them money.

I understand that there are some that have had negative experiences with Dreams Unlimited Travel and I am very sorry for that. I wish everyone could have the perfect trip planning experience with us and their agents but that is not always the case. Sometimes expectations are not met, sometimes mistakes are made but I can assure you that every agent we currently have is extremely hard working and dedicated to their clients.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is part of The Walt Disney Travel Companies Earmarked Program for Travel Agencies. We have been since that program started. This year we are once again being recognized by Disney as one of their top sellers of Disney vacations in the world. I am proud of this accomplishment not only for myself and the other owners of Dreams Unlimited Travel but also for the agents who work so very hard to create magical pre-vacation experiences for their clients.

When I reviewed our numbers for this training I saw that Dreams Unlimited Travel has had the highest number of repeat clients this past year than we have ever had in the history of the company. Another incredible testament to the way our agents feel about and treat their clients - as well as how clients have come to trust us year-after-year with their precious vacations.

I am very proud of all of our Dreams Unlimited Travel agents and what they have accomplished this past year.

I will continue to monitor this thread, and any others, for folks having difficulty with Dreams Unlimited Travel. As always I encourage you to write to me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com so that I can assist you as quickly and efficiently as I can. I can only address and correct issues if they are brought to my attention.

I think it's great how you follow up here on the Dis, I think it says a lot about your company!

My suggestion for your next conference is to may have set time during conference that the TAs have set aside to follow with their clients. I think this will set TAs & clients minds at ease as they're learning all day & coming back to an evening full of emails!

My TA sent an email the beginning of this month stating she would be on vacation for a wk & then go directly to the conference. I imagine this conference allowed her to add in a vacation as she'd already be in the area, but it also left her with a lot less availability. Her auto response message states she will respond early am & evenings, but I emailed am with no response until late afternoon the next day. She may have been prioritizing though as though my cruise is this wk I just had some basic questions. I'm not upset at all though, you just said you were looking for suggestions!

Webmaster John, Could they please update the pinned posts? Some brag how they were updated in 2007. Links are gone, pictures gone, address changed. The credibility of DISboard pinned posts are awful. Please have someone go through and edit/update those.

Dear John, just so you know how much I love DISboard. We are disappointed that many are moving their meet and greet threads to Facebook. If I want to participate in FE this year I had to join Facebook. But I'm still back here daily to follow the current cruise topics and seek insider information. Facebook can not bring it all together the way this forum can. I just would like to see older pinned items updated or unpinned.

Thus the reason I book myself through the web site or a call to DCL. :)

We have used DU for too many WDW and DCL vacations for me to remember. They are currently working on our upcoming vacation. I always recommend them to others. I can honestly remember only a couple of times where it took more that 24 hours for them to get back to my many, many requests and questions.

Just wondering if you have read any of the very negative posts that have been on these boards about how misinformed and confused the Disney Cast Members are? There have been many of them posted here so you should be just as afraid of using them. Sounds like you have been lucky enough to find the right Cast Members to help you with your vacation needs.

Every company has issues, it's how the fix it and make it better for the client that really counts. Hopefully every company has a 'WebmasterJohn' for when something goes wrong and the client needs to go to the next in line or to the top.

Stop focusing in only on the negative posts, there are many just like mine in these pages.

Our DU agent was pretty hands off. She booked it for us, our OBC was available to us when we boarded and we got a kick butt gift basket :). Other than that, we booked our own excursions and found answers to most of our questions on this group or Google. She was available to us....if we had needed her, but we did have to 'find' her once after receiving no answers to our email.

I didn't really mind so much, we like planning our own vacations anyway and we only booked through a TA for the OBC. Would I have liked a little more conversation as first time cruisers? Well, sure....maybe some hints and tips or even a form email countdown every month...etc.

I guess I just want a TA that is as excited about our vacations as we are, but that's not going to happen with the majority of TAs I'm sure. Still they did everything they advertise. Booked our vacation and gave us the OBC :).

I think it's great how you follow up here on the Dis, I think it says a lot about your company!

My suggestion for your next conference is to may have set time during conference that the TAs have set aside to follow with their clients. I think this will set TAs & clients minds at ease as they're learning all day & coming back to an evening full of emails!

Everyone attending the meeting had either a laptop or tablet with them at all meetings. We had a really great Wi-Fi connection in the conference room(s) - I know because I made them test it :rotfl2:

They were encouraged to check emails in the morning before sessions began, at breaks, at lunch and afterwards. I specifically asked that they NOT check their emails during the actual sessions out of respect for the speakers.

I know for a fact many where doing just this as I could see them do it.

If your TA didn't respond right away she might have felt your issue could or needed to wait until after the days sessions ended so that she could spend the appropriate amount of time on it.

Webmaster John, Could they please update the pinned posts? Some brag how they were updated in 2007. Links are gone, pictures gone, address changed. The credibility of DISboard pinned posts are awful. Please have someone go through and edit/update those.

Dear John, just so you know how much I love DISboard. We are disappointed that many are moving their meet and greet threads to Facebook. If I want to participate in FE this year I had to join Facebook. But I'm still back here daily to follow the current cruise topics and seek insider information. Facebook can not bring it all together the way this forum can. I just would like to see older pinned items updated or unpinned.

I apologize but this does not fall within my jurisdiction :rotfl2:

You can email WebmasterCorey@WDWInfo.com and he can look into these for you.

Thanks
John

John has been very helpful in resolving issues with TAs, but it seems that several TAs are not up to par.

This is my first reservation with DU and it was a rocky start. I did not get any emails that she was going to be out this week, but she might not be at the training.

Can I recommend her? Not so far. Can't I recommend DU? Maybe so far. Will see how this ends...

Hi Ricardo

Your agent Kelsie is not part of the training this week. She very generously volunteered to "stay behind" and help hold down the fort.

If you have emailed her and have not received a response let me know - John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks
John

I feel it is appropriate to mention that I worked with Tracey in booking my cruise. Tracey was responding to emails from me off and on that Friday during the day and into the evening as my plans and requests changed. Her response was beyond what I expected. If I recall she was out of town that day and went to see a movie but we were still in contact. She then called Disney first thing Saturday morning to finalize our trip. For me, once I made the decision we were going...I wanted to move quickly and minutes seemed like hours...even though they weren't! :)

Yeah, ever since our agent at DU spelled the kids' last names wrong (each differently, each different than Dh's last name, which WAS spelled correctly) and took MANY MANY phone calls to fix, then never even apologized, I'm not a DU fan. Even if it gets me banned, dealing with DU was awful and the OBC was not worth the headache. Never again.

If anyone is looking for a great agent, BethF is amazing. I just booked our 3rd cruise with her, we always travel in a group and she takes care of us all. Never had an issue with communication, I understand not having an instant reply, as we aren't her only clients (and she is human) but never had an issue wondering when she'd reply to me.

:thumbsup2

I have to share my awesome experience with DU. Kristie is our TA, and she is great. She answers emails usually with 30 minutes and on the weekend. On Saturday I emailed her asking her to book a VGT. She emailed me telling me she was unavailable until 4pm, but would refer it to another agent. A few hours later Beth emailed me and took care of booking the VGR rate for me.

I have nothing but positive things to say about DU.

I just wanted to add Dorothy B to the list of great TAs at DU. She just booked my 5th cruise for me. She responded to me so quickly on opening day that she was able to secure one of the 9C rooms on the Southern Caribbean cruise that was temporarily listed for $1,667 (2A). The price jumped $910 an hour after I emailed her.

Yeah, ever since our agent at DU spelled the kids' last names wrong (each differently, each different than Dh's last name, which WAS spelled correctly) and took MANY MANY phone calls to fix, then never even apologized, I'm not a DU fan. Even if it gets me banned, dealing with DU was awful and the OBC was not worth the headache. Never again.

Did you actually try to contact DCL about this?

We had a name/past cruiser number floop happen, and the cruiseline was more than happy to fix it for us without us having to contact our TA. It was a totally simple fix, they could easily see where the problem was, and it was NOT something that required the TA.

It was mentioned and then taken care of while on a call to make sure distilled water was in the cabin, which is also something you don't need a TA to set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter