Dreams Unlimited no response

Agreed. I don't use a TA (other than a group trip I go on where everything has to be through an agency - and even then when our contact person was away, her auto-response email listed the names of those in the office who would be available to help). I agree with those who don't get the entire business shutting down for training. Other than professional development days at school, trainings and so forth at other jobs I've had with companies (restaurant, hotel, and retail) have always been done on a staggered basis so that not everyone was out of the restaurant/office/store at one time. IF there was a reason that things HAD to be done all at once, people from other restaurants or stores (or the front office team who knew how to do ALL front office tasks at the hotel) were brought in to cover so that operations didn't stop completely.

Just to say not all TAs are the same, there are other TAs with 24/7 service.

My DU agent is also away on this FAM trip. She sent us all an email advising of her being away and in case of emergencies who we can contact. I sent her an email that wasn't time sensitive and told her she didn't have to respond until her return but today she replied.

This is my first time with DU and Ive had nothing but amazing experience with my agent.

Just to say not all TAs are the same, there are other TAs with 24/7 service.

I have nothing against TAs. But I like to have full control over my reservations and not have to go through someone else to do what I am perfectly capable of doing myself.

My apologies to anyone who is negatively affected by our yearly agent training.

Not all of our agents are at the training, we still have agents back in their home offices working - just a lot fewer than usual.

If you have submitted a quote request and not received a reply I take full responsibility for that. I thought the number of agents staying back could handle the workload but we are getting in a larger number of requests than I had originally anticipated. As a result I have closed down our system for incoming requests if the number of requests gets too high.

I understand that this may be inconvenient to some and I am sorry for that - but at this point I would rather turn away potential reservations than have people wait too long for a quote.

Agents that are away are checking their emails early mornings, on breaks and late evenings. Even if your agent is away you should still hear from them with some sort or response.

If your agent is not responding please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will have them contact you. Please note that if you email me you will get an auto-response that explains that I am away from my desk as well but will check email.

Please accept my apologies if this has negatively impacted you in any way.

I have a reservation on hold through Disney, it expires in 1 day. I emailed like John said, got he typical auto response, then one asking me for all my info, prices ... guest... I sent it right back and am still waiting 9 hours later. I have one day to get it transferred or I will loose my rooms. I will give them till first thing tomorrow morning and I am going else ware. Costco is offering me almost $400 in Costco gift card, I really wanted to use DE and get a onboard credit but its not like a Costco card would go to waste.

Hi do you have an email for complaints?
I had to change agents as I felt the one I had,was rude,in personal and completly ignoring me on concerns, on a time sensitive issue....this was not while you are undergoing training this wk.it was the wk before.
To the point where I ended up contacting a previous TA we have had last year hoping to get some help on the question I had asked 3 times.
It ended up being that the previous TA who insisted I check the quote 3 times had screwed up the details and had stateroom number not on the form and confirmation number where the stateroom should have been.
However when I addressed these issues explaining I was struggling to locate the stateroom, instead of looking for me as any decent TA would have done,
I kept being told the info I wanted was in black and white on the form! And I should look for it.
I do have all the correspondence if you wish to see,I was so upset I asked to transfer to the TA who did actually help even though it wasn't her job to.

. . . I understand that this may be inconvenient to some and I am sorry for that - but at this point I would rather turn away potential reservations than have people wait too long for a quote.
That seems reasonable to me.

Woody

I had to change agents as I felt the one I had,was rude,in personal and completly ignoring me on concerns, on a time sensitive issue....this was not while you are undergoing training this wk.it was the wk before.
To the point where I ended up contacting a previous TA we have had last year hoping to get some help on the question I had asked 3 times.
It ended up being that the previous TA who insisted I check the quote 3 times had screwed up the details and had stateroom number not on the form and confirmation number where the stateroom should have been.
However when I addressed these issues explaining I was struggling to locate the stateroom, instead of looking for me as any decent TA would have done,
I kept being told the info I wanted was in black and white on the form! And I should look for it.
I do have all the correspondence if you wish to see,I was so upset I asked to transfer to the TA who did actually help even though it wasn't her job to.

can you PM me the name so if I get them I know to change

I have a reservation on hold through Disney, it expires in 1 day. I emailed like John said, got he typical auto response, then one asking me for all my info, prices ... guest... I sent it right back and am still waiting 9 hours later. I have one day to get it transferred or I will loose my rooms. I will give them till first thing tomorrow morning and I am going else ware. Costco is offering me almost $400 in Costco gift card, I really wanted to use DE and get a onboard credit but its not like a Costco card would go to waste.

Please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com so I can look into this. Please include your Dreams Unlimited ID number in your correspondence.

Just an FYI - I doubt I will be able to reach your agent this evening - most likely he/she is asleep - but I can make sure he/she gets the info first thing in the morning.

Please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Please include your Dreams Unlimited Travel reservation number so I can find it quickly.

If you wish to send me any emails I would gladly review those as well.

I'm not saying these things are not happening to the posters on this topic.

But to throw the entire company under the bus for the few is ridiculous. We have used DU for multiple WDW, DCL, and combo vacations for several years. And have had nothing but great service, they are currently working on our upcoming cruise. Are you reading ANY OF THE POSITIVE experiences attached to this post or just focusing in on the negatives?

Have you read any reviews for any of the resorts, restaurants, CM, etc. for your favorites that you keep going back for. I'm sure you will find plenty of negative posts about how horrible an experience they had. I know I have read plenty of them and if I had listened to them and not have gone I would have missed out on some great Disney Vacation memories, like the WDW resort stays and dining.

For those of you that have had bad experiences with DU I hope they make it right for you.

We tried booking through DU, a party of 20. Ended up going with another TA/company. Never could get a quote, and kept getting no where with trying to contact anyone at DU.

Can't say as I'd recommend DU regardless of who the owner is.

We've gotten incorrect and incomplete information from DU agents. In our most recent attempt to book with DU, my parents were trying to book a cruise with a military discount, but my dad was supposed to have surgery. The DU agent informed my parents, correctly, that Disney trip insurance doesn't cover pre-existing conditions and recommended that they wait until after my dad's surgery to book the cruise. She didn't tell them that there are other insurance companies that offer pre-existing condition waivers and my parents could have booked the cruise, using another insurance company. They lost the military discount and couldn't book the cruise, though he would have been fine to go. They went with Costco on their next attempt.

Seriously, why all the pile ons?

The DISboards are for helping people. My post will help people ask different questions of their TAs, whether at DU or elsewhere. If John or someone else from DU reads it, it'll help DU train their agents to offer more comprehensive assistance to their customers (current and potential). All of this feedback is extremely helpful to DU. If I were a DU owner or agent, I'd be reading this carefully to try to develop training processes that eliminate (or, at least, reduce) these types of complaints.

People are always being told to stop by Guest Services to make sure Disney is aware of their issues. This thread is the same type of thing for DU.

John has been very helpful in resolving issues with TAs, but it seems that several TAs are not up to par.

This is my first reservation with DU and it was a rocky start. I did not get any emails that she was going to be out this week, but she might not be at the training.

Can I recommend her? Not so far. Can't I recommend DU? Maybe so far. Will see how this ends...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter