Dreams Do Come True (and we are not even there yet)!-Trip 4 Started-6/28

Hello Everyone! Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I do have my 2nd trip to Disney photos uploaded and ready to go but I have been extremely busy. We are going to DC over Spring Break (I hope) and I have been trying to get all that planned out! Boy, it is a lot of work to cram everything into 4 days!

DH threw a wrench in the plans today. About six years ago, he had back surgery. He has flare ups every so often but it had been a year since the last spell. He had three epidural injections that time and really has been well since. Well, that changed today :scared1:! He was on a squad run when the hospital called me. Tom hurt his back helping with a patient. It was so bad his co-workers heard it pop and he went completely pale. Luckily, we only live a mile from the hospital so it was not long before we got there to find him in complete misery with one leg /foot going numb. They gave him some nice "happy" drugs and sent him home. He is to follow up with the doctor tomorrow. I am hoping they can give him another epidural this week. If they wait until next week, we will have to postpone DC. It takes a week for him to feel relief. Keep him in your prayers. He works so hard at the sheriff's office and the squad and I know he is wanting to get away. He even told me that he would rent a scooter to ride around in if that meant we could go:sad2:!

I promise to post more tomorrow plus I made some changes to our Disney trip. I planned a very special evening on July 3rd plus made some dining changes. Stay tuned for more!

Erika

Erika,
I made it over!! Not sure how much I'll be around for the next week... Because.... well, you know... I'LL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!!:woohoo:

Just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm enjoying your flashback stories... especially the 'doozies'!!

Have a great Sunday!

Hi Sooze,

So glad you joined in. Oh, I am sooo jealous. I wish I was going to Disney next week! But, if I can't, I am glad you are. :banana:

You will love the doozie in trip 2. It happened before we even got to the park!

Now, I have to get over to your report to see what you will be doing a week from today!!! :yay:

Erika

I think that this is the kind of tour that does NOT have to be booked in advance. Any other tour, I would definitely want to secure ahead of time but from what I've read, it happens several times a day, it's only around $15 and you can sign up for it at a desk somewhere in The Land pavilion.

We will be at Epcot on the 4th. I would never pick DHS for the 4th but that's a personal choice. I wouldn't want to be stuck there all day but that's because it's our least favorite. I heard that they do the old "Sorcery in the Sky" show. That should be fun.

Thanks for letting me know about the tour. I am not for sure if we will do it now or now. I just booked something very special for us on the 3rd. Actually, I think you have something similar booked but ours involves some characters! Stay tuned!

Yes, I read that they do Sorcery in the Sky that night. I was not familiar with that. Have you seen it? I picked that park due to Fantasmic and I was hoping to avoid the crowds at MK and Epcot. I hope it was the right choice.

Erika

:yay:Maybe we will run into each other. Are you eating in the park that day? We are having lunch at 50s Prime Time. :yay: That will be a first for us. DH can't wait for the fried chicken.

Erika

Hope your DH is doing better!

We have lunch ressies (right now anyway) for Chefs de France @ 1:40p & dinner ressies for Garden Grill @ 7:10p.

That would be cool to run into each other. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness! So sorry to hear about your DH's back. Hope it's better by the trip!

Thanks for letting me know about the tour. I am not for sure if we will do it now or now. I just booked something very special for us on the 3rd. Actually, I think you have something similar booked but ours involves some characters! Stay tuned!

Yes, I read that they do Sorcery in the Sky that night. I was not familiar with that. Have you seen it? I picked that park due to Fantasmic and I was hoping to avoid the crowds at MK and Epcot. I hope it was the right choice.

Erika

Oooh, can't wait to hear your plans for the 3rd! I've seen Sorcery in the Sky a loooong time ago. I don't even really remember it. I think DHS will be a good choice for you guys.

Hi Erika!

ohhh I'm so sorry to hear about your DH! I hope the injury is not too serious and hope the doctors are able to give him some relief. Those things just seem to happen at the worst time sometimes. Keep us posted and hope he feels better!

Karen

Hey Erika I finally made it over! I'm going to have to go back to finish reading but your little guy is so cute! Love your pics! Sorry about your dh! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

The Latest and Greatest Itineray!

First of all, thank you to all who sent DH well wishes! This is truly a remarkable, compassionate group of people on the board. :grouphug:

So, as for DH, well he is now no more like Goofy but has been renamed by me as Grumpy. :sad2: He went to see the doctor Monday and he loaded him up with steroids and pain pills and put him off work for 1 week. The pain pills have turned him into someone I never knew. You cannot please him this week. I have been told that supper sucked to that he could not eat lunch one day because I forgot to set a kettle out. Granted, the fridge was stocked full! :confused3 It has been a relief to go to work. He is starting to feel better but having some trouble in his right leg. So, we are still in limbo about DC. We are supposed to leave a week from today. I have stopped planning mode for that trip :sad1: until I know more on Monday and to see how he does over the weekend. I am almost convinced I will take DS myself if he cannot go but we will see. Keep him in your prayers.

So, I have been back to tweeking my plans at Disney and I do have a special surprise I booked for the boys that I am dying to share with you. So, here is the latest and greatest details!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Leaving home as soon as I get home from evening work board meeting. I tried my best to get the time changed for summer board meetings to 5 p.m. versus 7:30 but had no luck. Luckily, my presentation is first and my boss has already told me I can leave early. With the drive back home, we should be on the road by 9:30 , 10 pm at the latest. :drive: I will start the drive south with DH taking over after midnight. I will sleep during the night and probably wake up around 6:00 a.m. to take over.

Friday, July 2, 2010

We will stop for breakfast along the way. DH tells me no Cracker Barrel this trip as I make him eat there all the time we are traveling so who knows where breakfast will be.. :confused3 We should arrive at the Polynesian :cloud9: around noon. I have told Club Level we will be there at that time. I am hoping the room will be ready so DH can sleep. If not, I guess we will look around and probably let DS change and go swimming. If the room is ready, I will go hit that lovely Volcanoe pool with DS while DH sleeps. The only thing we have planned that evening is a late O'hanas dinner - this will be a first for us. I would like to do EMH at MK that evening but we will have to see. Who knows, I may go by myself!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Breakfast will be in the Club Level Lounge.

We plan to hit Typhoon Lagoon at opening. :cool1::cool1:This will be our first time at the Disney water parks so we are all super excited. We will stay until early afternoon. Dinner is at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:10 p.m (another first).

So, this is the evening I have planned special for Jeremy and Tom. We had planned to either go to MK or the Poly Beach and watch the fireworks as they should debut the 4th of July fireworks. Well, I have booked a Pirates and Pals Voyage. :banana::banana::banana: We are all super excited about it. We go to the Contemporary at 7:45 p.m. for snacks and meet Captain Hook and Smee (another first character meeting). Our captain Patch will join us and take us to the boat where we will get to see the fireworks and the Electric Water Pagent (I think that is what it is called) Parade. Once the fireworks are over, we will head back to dock and Peter Pan is supposed to be waiting to meet us!!! (another first character meeting) I am sure it will be a magical evening!:wizard:

Sunday, July 4

Breakfast will be at O'hanas. Jeremy asked for this and it is our favorite character breakfast on property. We love all the food offerings. Plus, I figure Jeremy will start growing out of the characters so I wanted to give him something special.

We will then head to DHS and see if I can finally beat DH at Toy Story Mania :3dglasses. This is our favorite ride plus favorite Wii game at home. We will leave early afternoon and come back for dinner at 50's Prime Time (another first). Fantasmic is after dinner. This is our favorite show on property. We :love::love::love: it! Our plan is to stay for fireworks. Last year they showed Sorcery in the Sky so I hope they do again this year!

Monday, July 5

Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:15 a.m. (another first). We love breakfast when we get to go in the park before opening. Although, I do like the opening at MK and walking Main Street with all the cast members out waving. We will hit our favorites and probably head out late morning for a nice afternoon at the Volcanoe pool. Dinner is at Tony's and I hope to see the summer time parade.

Tuesday, July 6

This is the day we leave the Poly and head to AKL. Our plan is to get up and head to Epcot. We will Soar over California, take a ride around test track, and visit Spaceship Earth. We want to spend more time in Innoventions this trip---:love:the trash game. You have to do this if you never have. DS has so much fun pushing the garbage truck. I think I will call Club Level and see if they can let me know when the room is ready. If so, we will leave Epcot when we know it is and head to the savannah :cloud9:! This rest of the afternoon will be spent enjoying the resort. Dinner is at Boma.

Wednesday, July 7

Breakfast at the lounge. Jeremy is going on the Albatross Cruise from the Yacht Club at 9:30 a.m. I hope to catch a glimpse of Stormalong Bay when we are there. I would like to stay there one time so Jeremy could enjoy the pool area. I have nothing planned for the afternoon. Dinner is at Le Cellier :yay:(another first) that evening with illuminations. We will spend the evening enjoying the World Showcase.

Thursday, July 8

Sunrise Safari this morning! :woohoo: I can hardly wait. I have always wanted to do this and am so glad I can afford to stay Club Level this time so we can! Thursday is our Animal Kingdom Day. We will stay there all day. I have a late lunch scheduled at the Rain Forrest Cafe (another first). DS requested this.

Friday, July 9

Right now, this is our Blizzard Beach day :woohoo:! This water park looks super neat! Dinner will be at Chef Mickey's this evening. If we still have more things to see at Magic Kingdom, I would like to do evening EMH.

Saturday, July 10
I have nothing planned for this day. I would like to take a tour of DVC. I am thinking we might do it on this day.

We head home on Sunday, July 11th with visions of coming back in February!

I know that during the week we want to try Disney mini golf and of course head to DTD. DS and DH want to do Disney Quest as well.

I am determined not to mess with any more dining ressies and leave the plan as is. I want to start making my list for attractions we want to do and see at each of the parks.

Coming up: I want to share with you Trip 2, 3, and 4 to the World. So, hear are a few spoilers:

Trip 2---Do we change hotels at midnight? :confused3
Trip 3---Does Mickey really think Jeremy is a Happy Hustler? :scared1:
Trip 4---Will we survive a trip with my Mother? Well, yes or I wouldn't be typing this but will I leave my family stranded on Tom's Sawyer Island for the afternoon? :rolleyes1

Erika

Hi Erika!

First off, sorry to hear DH is not feeling too much better...and sorry to hear that he's been a bit of a gump! :goodvibes Hopefully things will improve this weekened. Would you still do your DC trip if he couldn't go?

Your Disney Itinerery looks AWESOME!!! The Priates and Pals cruise looks so cool, I'm sure the boys will love it!! Thats great that you'll be able to do some of those special events on your trip!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your past trips! uh-oh...trouble on Tom Sawyer Island....that can't be good!
Karen

Your plans sound great!

I too am trying to keep my dining ressies as is and not change them any more! Its so hard though! ;) I added and extra day onto our package today....so we will get in there on the 2nd now! <-- i must add ressies for lunch or breakfast at least! :rotfl:

Doesnt look like our paths will cross...but who knows once we are there!!
Friday 7/9..our plan is to hit MK for EMH..maybe we'll see ya there! :goodvibes

I have been throwing around the idea of booking that Pirate & Pals cruise as well for us but keep it a surprise until we get there....not sure though if it will actually get added in there.

Hi Erika!

First off, sorry to hear DH is not feeling too much better...and sorry to hear that he's been a bit of a gump! :goodvibes Hopefully things will improve this weekened. Would you still do your DC trip if he couldn't go?

Your Disney Itinerery looks AWESOME!!! The Priates and Pals cruise looks so cool, I'm sure the boys will love it!! Thats great that you'll be able to do some of those special events on your trip!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your past trips! uh-oh...trouble on Tom Sawyer Island....that can't be good!
Karen

Hi Karen:

The funniest thing happened this afternoon. After I kept telling him he needed to get up and move around and he kept telling me that wasn't going to help, lo and behold, the doctor's office called to confirm his appointment on Monday and they let the doctor actually talk to him. Well, Guess what! The doctor said the reason he is isn't getting better is that he needs to get up and move around :idea:! He actually called me at work all excited that he thought that was all he needed to do to feel better :rolleyes:! I walk every evening and he went with me today---actually walked a mile and was feeling some better when we got done. :woohoo: So, to answer your question, yes (if DH is not better) I will still go. I need this vacation. He told me tonight that if worse came to worse, he would go and stay in the room. I guess I will be back to planning DC. Jeremy's teacher spent a summer a few years ago in DC teaching so she sent home a nice map she made of the Metro system with all these explanations of where to go and what stops to get off. It was super nice:thumbsup2. Are you getting excited about going? It looks like the weather is going to be really nice and the cherry blossoms should be at peak during both of our trips.

I am really excited about the Pirate and Pals cruise. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in 2008 and we loved the boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom. I am starting to second guess the CL at the Poly. I don't think we need it even though DH does. I will broach that subject once he is in a better mood!

Hope to have trip 2 up tomorrow! You won't believe what we did that trip before we even got to Disney World. :sad2:

Erika

Your plans sound great!

I too am trying to keep my dining ressies as is and not change them any more! Its so hard though! ;) I added and extra day onto our package today....so we will get in there on the 2nd now! <-- i must add ressies for lunch or breakfast at least! :rotfl:

Doesnt look like our paths will cross...but who knows once we are there!!
Friday 7/9..our plan is to hit MK for EMH..maybe we'll see ya there! :goodvibes

I have been throwing around the idea of booking that Pirate & Pals cruise as well for us but keep it a surprise until we get there....not sure though if it will actually get added in there.

Good Luck keeping with your plans. I am constantly thinking about some where new to eat and keep looking at Disney Dining. We will have to help each other and face the temptation! :goodvibes

If you decide to do the cruise and it is on the 3rd, let me know. We will have to meet up during the reception.

Erika

Hi Karen:

The funniest thing happened this afternoon. After I kept telling him he needed to get up and move around and he kept telling me that wasn't going to help, lo and behold, the doctor's office called to confirm his appointment on Monday and they let the doctor actually talk to him. Well, Guess what! The doctor said the reason he is isn't getting better is that he needs to get up and move around :idea:! He actually called me at work all excited that he thought that was all he needed to do to feel better :rolleyes:! I walk every evening and he went with me today---actually walked a mile and was feeling some better when we got done. :woohoo: So, to answer your question, yes (if DH is not better) I will still go. I need this vacation. He told me tonight that if worse came to worse, he would go and stay in the room. I guess I will be back to planning DC. Jeremy's teacher spent a summer a few years ago in DC teaching so she sent home a nice map she made of the Metro system with all these explanations of where to go and what stops to get off. It was super nice:thumbsup2. Are you getting excited about going? It looks like the weather is going to be really nice and the cherry blossoms should be at peak during both of our trips.

I am really excited about the Pirate and Pals cruise. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in 2008 and we loved the boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom. I am starting to second guess the CL at the Poly. I don't think we need it even though DH does. I will broach that subject once he is in a better mood!

Hope to have trip 2 up tomorrow! You won't believe what we did that trip before we even got to Disney World. :sad2:

Erika

Hi Erika!

HA! :rotfl2: that is so funny about your DH - they never want to listen to us when we offer suggestions to help them! My DH is the same way!! I'm glad the doc told him to get up and moving, and that he did it! Hopefully that will help - glad he's feeling a little bit better.

I don't know what it is about men and medical issues - I kid you not...EVERY time one of the kids gets sick DH makes up some ridiculous alternate explanation for what it could be - it's NEVER that they're actually SICK!! If one has a stuffy nose and I say "oh, looks like he's getting a cold" DH will so "no, it's just allergies". If one of them gets a tummy ache or throws up, I think they have a stomach flu, he'll say "no, maybe it's just something they ate today". Last week I thought Mater had pick eye he tried to pull the old "maybe it's allergies" line, but I took him in and yup, it was bacterial pink eye. It's like he can't admit they they're actually sick until a doctor confirms it! :sad2: I don't even debate it with him anymore, I just roll my eyes and go on with my day knowing that I'm right. :laughing:

I am getting excited for the DC trip - I feel like I haven't been planning as much as I should be - I did start a list of what to pack and bring, but I need to spend some time this next week reading and planning our days a little more. I'm really excited for the Cherry Blossoms - should be really beautiful! I'm glad you're still going, and hope DH can go too - hopefully by then he'll be feeling even better after being up and about.

Have you ever done CL before? You're right it's probably not that you "need" it, it's just a perk! I guess it just depends on if it's worth the extra cost to have that luxury? I'd say if your DH really wants it then I'd do it - making sure he knows the cost involved and that you are fine either way. I know there are lots of things my DH thinks are worth the money that I just shake my head at, but hey, if it something he really wants then I bite my tongue and go for it. Once you've done it you'll know if you every want to do it again.

Have a good weekend!
Karen

Your plans looks fantastic! The fireworks cruise sounds wonderful with the characters! You will LOVE dinner at 'Ohana AND breakfast at Crystal Palace. CP breakfast is one of my favorite things to do!

Hey it looks like we'll be in the same park a couple of days! Sounds like a good plan!

Great, we will definitely have to meet one of those days!

Me too, me too! ;)

Actually, I'm looking at your plans to mine and let's see...we could fun into each other at the Contemp. while we get ready for our cruises on the 3rd... We are planning on being at DHS in the morning on the 4th....

I think that's it for now. We have some days that are questionable (other than ADRs of course) so who knows?!

Hi Erika!

Are you busy planning and packing for your DC trip on Friday! Hope you have a great trip and good weather. I was looking at the bloom forcast and it looks like you'll be there right at peak, it might be a little past peak for us, we'll just have to wait and see. Hope your DH is feeling better and can make it along with you and Jeremy this weekend!

Karen

Hi Erika!

Are you busy planning and packing for your DC trip on Friday! Hope you have a great trip and good weather. I was looking at the bloom forcast and it looks like you'll be there right at peak, it might be a little past peak for us, we'll just have to wait and see. Hope your DH is feeling better and can make it along with you and Jeremy this weekend!

Karen

Karen:

Thank you for the well wishes! You are so sweet!:hug: DH went back to the doctor and lo behold, he had his first injection yesterday afternoon! Still no relief today. Luckily, the doctor is very good to us so I think she is going to try one more before Friday. DH is determined he is going so we will see. :confused3 I do have to finish my plans. That will probably be on the agenda at lunch tomorrow. Without DH to help, all I get done doing is running Jeremy here and there and doing laundry!:laundy: I am getting excited. I bet the trees will be beautiful! Well, time to head to piano and then to baseball.

Take care,
ERika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter