DREAMS COME TRUE! Sandy and James TR 6/18/08: 8/28 finally an update!

Quick question what do they serve at the AK breakfast?

Sorry to hear about getting stuck with the bill. I was glad that this didn't happen to us. Did you talk to your family about it at all?

The Donald cake was so cute; did you order it through Disney Dining directly?

Quick question what do they serve at the AK breakfast?

Sorry to hear about getting stuck with the bill. I was glad that this didn't happen to us. Did you talk to your family about it at all?

The Donald cake was so cute; did you order it through Disney Dining directly?

The breakfast at AK is buffet with pretty much the ususal breakfast fare nothing fancy, the juice is awesome. The character stuff makes it really fun!

I didnt really discuss it directly with them--before I made the reservation I sent an email with all the information about the restaurant including the price--- next time no hints;)

I ordered the cake through the cake hotline--

O'hana Welcome Dinner June 17, 2008

Since we only had 33 people we decided on a Welcome Dinner for everyone! We decided on O'hana based alot on the recommendation of this board. We enjoyed it when we have eaten before and the fun entertaining stuff they do during the meal. We had lots of kids traveling with us and any GOOD reason for them to get out of their seats and burn off some stream is great!!

Entering the Poly, the lobby is tropical plants and waterfalls-
DSCN0086.jpg

Our reservation was 5:15, we told everyone to meet at 5:00, which worked well all but one family got there on time, and that family was SOOOO late, they got lost on the way to the poly-ending up at DTD:confused3

Checking in-next to a pushy lady, she wiggled right in front of me to check in
DSCN0090.jpg

Evan and his great grandma! She was amazing during this trip, she is 91 years old and she lasted longer in the parks then me! They had here out until 2am at MK for EMH one night :faint:

I asked them at the podum if we could set out our favors before everyone sat down, they were very accomodating.
100_3487.jpg

They put us in the main dining area, in the middle of the restaurant, our table when from one edge of the walkway around the restaurant to the other. There were 2 other partying in the same area.

DSCN0100.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

The open kitchen-
DSCN0099.jpg

The food starts with a yummy salad and fried wontons-
100_3498.jpg

Next up shrimp, which had a little kick, chicken wings- sweet, yummy

Skewers of Steak, pork and turkey
DSCN0103.jpg

100_3554.jpg

After dinner is bread pudding with banana Foster sauce-

our guests, who all enjoyed the dinner-
100_3489.jpg

100_3500.jpg

Me-
DSCN0101.jpg

Mischievous boys-
100_3501.jpg

My oldest and my dear friend Joann-
100_3503.jpg

DH sister and son-
100_3502.jpg

Dh other sister and husband-
100_3519.jpg

The family, a good friend of both of us, who arrived almost an hour late after deing lost on property for a long while-- the staff at Ohana was awesome they brought them out everything they had missed, i had asked if we should save salad, appetizers for them and they said no they would bring fresh food out when they got there.
DSCN0112.jpg

The fun!

The man who leads the fun- i forget his name--
100_3532.jpg

Coconut rolling, you use brooms to roll the coconuts around the track around the restaurant-

Evan-
100_3511.jpg

my neice-
100_3513.jpg

my nephew-
100_3515.jpg

The limbo, the line goes around the room, everyone gets a maraca-
100_3535.jpg

100_3538.jpg

100_3541.jpg

100_3548.jpg

They called up everyone celebrating a special occasion, wedding/anniversary.

DH and I got up they asked everyone what occasion we were there for and then had us all dance--
DSCN0116.jpg

100_3560.jpg

Dh sister brought us a few gifts, which we then opened-
100_3557.jpg

100_3558.jpg

Then DH started to talk to everyone at first I thought it was a thank you to everyone for coming, which it was, and a thank you to my Dad who hosted the Welcome Dinner, which it was. Then it turned to how much he loved me and he had a gift for me-- I was floored, I had no idea that was coming, surprises are fun, but I was kind of embarrassed---

During his speech-
100_3562.jpg

Opening my gift-my sister's faces are priceless-
100_3563.jpg

Seeing the gift- which I need to get a better picture of. The are a pair of earrings, that apparantly he had been plotting for a while to get, through his sister's friend in NY.
100_3564.jpg

They are diamond hearts, in the middle are 3 sapphires(matching my e-ring and wedding band) of course the 3 sapphires look like a hidden mickey(not on purpose and someone who is not a disney fan may not even notice:eek: :eek: )

i had been having trouble deciding what earring to use for the wedding and that is when he decided to get me them. Sweet:lovestruc so of course i wore them for the wedding----

After dinner we wandered out by the pool, taking in the views over to the MK. Most of our guests had never been to the Poly-

Our family-
100_3570.jpg

My side of the family-
100_3572.jpg

We all decided we would meet back up at the BC to swim, relax and head to bed early--for the 4:30am lingering wake up call---

up next-THE BIG DAY!

Surprises are great! That was really sweet!
Great pics Sandy, can't wait for the next insert!

Wonderful day and great pictures, Sandy!!!! I wanna see those earrings :goodvibes What a sweet hubby :lovestruc I am getting hungry for O'Hana's too!!!

I am going to show that picture of Evan's grandma to my mother and tell her she has another great twenty years to enjoy Disney, hey, maybe more! :dance3: she is 70 this year...

You all look so cute with the leis. And that was very sweet of him to surprise you!

Now get to the wedding day... ahem....

yeah for suprise presents!! the earring sound beautiful!

Can't wait for the next day!!

Sandy it sounds like you and your family really had a very special trip up to this point and looking forward to hearing more about your wedding day.....:goodvibes

Surprises are great! That was really sweet!
Great pics Sandy, can't wait for the next insert!
Thanks it was sweet!

Wonderful day and great pictures, Sandy!!!! I wanna see those earrings :goodvibes What a sweet hubby :lovestruc I am getting hungry for O'Hana's too!!!

I am going to show that picture of Evan's grandma to my mother and tell her she has another great twenty years to enjoy Disney, hey, maybe more! :dance3: she is 70 this year...

i already booked o'hana for our next trip! Never too old for Disney! We drag my dad, he is 66, everytime we go-- I think he finally has decided it's not so bad--he upgraded his pass to an annual pass when he came for the wedding:cool1:

You all look so cute with the leis. And that was very sweet of him to surprise you!

Now get to the wedding day... ahem....

It was sweet! Wedding day coming.....tomorrow if Evan decides it is OK..he is the boss of my day!:rotfl:

yeah for suprise presents!! the earring sound beautiful!

Can't wait for the next day!!

The earrings are perfect! :yay:

Sandy it sounds like you and your family really had a very special trip up to this point and looking forward to hearing more about your wedding day.....:goodvibes

We did have a wonderful trip! Wedding day ....up next!!!:bride:

OUR WEDDING DAY! June 18, 2008

Starting with the night before--I stayed in a separate room--i checked into my room and didnt think to tell them someone would be staying with me and when I went to the room to hang my dress and put my overnight bag in there, low and behold a single King bed--

The dress hanging out- i did not have it steamed, i talked to the girls at the shop where I bought it and they said it would be fine if I hung it out-they had stuffed it like I was in it- They were right it was just fine--and one less thing to worry about coordinating-
DSCN0138.jpg

Since I had no bridal party and my friend Joann was staying off property at a friends house it made sense that she just stay with me the night before the wedding so it would be easier for her to get to the ceremony and she could help me get ready. She definately didnt know what she was getting herself into!

We got to the room somewhere around 11-After I helped DH get the kids washed and settled and all their stuff ready for the next day. i kissed everyone good night and went to my room-I showered and washed my hair so it would be easier in the morning and we headed to be, now the king size bed was really no issue since we comfortably could've fit at least one more person:rotfl: I made the wake up call-4:30am:scared1: This is when Joann found out when we were getting up!!! At this point it was nearly midnight and we are chit chatting in bed and she said "too bad it is so late,i had some questions for you", so I responded "what are your questions?" Well, i thought they were going to be easy, and really they were, but not quick! The first one was "Why do you love James?" So here we are after midnight with a looming 4:30am wake up call having this long, serious conversation--at least it felt long as I was starting to panic about no sleep and bags/puffy eyes-and yes you can see it in some of the pictures! Finally we went to sleep and when Stitch called 4 hours later i was NOT bright eyed and bushy tailed but i drug myself out of bed and into the shower! Luckily I decided to wash my hair the night before so I tried not to get it too wet, less to do before the arrival of Lilly from Beaute Speciale at 5am!

I got done, dried off, had the big underwear debate-i had 3 different ones and didnt know which to wear--luckily i had the chicken breasts sewn into my dress so NO bra:cool1: When---a knock on the door---WHAT--it was only 4:45 and my hair was still damp- it was the bright eyed and bushy tailed Lilly! She was like a ball of energy! I WAS NOT! Joann took the liberty of making the little tiny pot of coffee that comes in the room- since there was no where to get coffee yet in the resort:scared: I was excited that it was my wedding day but I was tired, but slowly waking up!

While Lily set up-literally moved things, took off lamp shades- i finished drying my hair and Lily was ready to go! She is so cute, she talked the whole time, she is high energy and very personable!

Here we are getting ready-
100_3575.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

100_3578.jpg

she started about 5am and worked until about 6:30-yikes-I had alot of work to be done! My hair turned out perfect-exactly what I wanted! She talked me into fake eyelashed which turned out good- the eye makeup was alot compared to what I usually wear-DH definately noticed-I wasnt sure I loved it but once it wore a little I liked it better-

James called at about 6:00 to let me know everyone was up and laying around like slugs! He was showered and was trying to motivate the 3 boys to get done- since he had no help my dad was coming over at 6:30 to help him finish up the boys in anticipation of Randy's arrival at 7:00!

I told him I loved him and couldnt wait to be his wife and wished him luck with the boys. I was glad I didnt have that stress to deal with on this morning!

The finished me:

my hair-
100_3581-1.jpg

and me-
DSCN0142.jpg

Joann helped me into my dress -
100_3584.jpg

then I asked her to go check on James and the boys, and return my things to the other room since I only had this room for one night-

handsome boys, but what it up with the hair! i did not say anything to DH- just let it go--
100_3585.jpg

and DH all ready-
100_3586.jpg

At this point Randy had gotten to the room with the boys, snapped a few pictures and headed with Joann back to my room-we took a few pictures in the room and headed out for the big reveal in the lobby- On the way we met the floral people who had my bouquet- It was pretty, smelled absolutely wonderful but not exactly my vision-i think I figured out it was the more purple color of the peony, instead of it being more pink- but oh well- i was not letting it stress me i was excited, mostly awake and ready to see my future husband--

Waiting in the lobby for the go ahead--
100_3587.jpg

Just gorgeous, Sandy! I loved your dress on you too! The boys all looked handsome and I agree, your DH did good to keep all the kids corraled and actually got them dressed too!! :lovestruc

THE BIG REVEAL- I did not have any pictures so these few are Randy's-I am trying to go through the 2000 pictures he took so all the rest are mine-I will post his soon! They are not yet on his website-he his on vacation and just sent the CD of all of them--

ok, back to the story- Randy had James wait outside-
SJ00496-18-08edited.jpg

I walked outside, talking to him, telling him not to peek, he was shifting and pulling on his sleeves-you could tell he was anxious to see me-

finally the moment-now I wish I had a better face shot-but I dont
SJ00506-18-08edited.jpg

Checking me out-
SJ00576-18-08edited.jpg

us-
SJ00656-18-08edited.jpg

now this is definately a departure from my little makeup, ponytail mommy self-
he looked very handsome as did my boys-
the oldest 2-
100_3591.jpg

and the youngest-already a ball of energy-
SJ00666-18-08edited.jpg

We took pictures around the BC for a little before the limo picked us up so we could go over to Epcot and take some pictures before the ceremony- I will say this was the best decisions- we got lots of pictures and had lots of time to get some great ones

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

100_3590.jpg

100_3593.jpg

100_3594.jpg

100_3595.jpg

100_3598.jpg

My dad had Evan in the stroller so he wouldnt get in the way of Randy taking pictures-
100_3602.jpg

We finished up pictures around the BC entrance-the flowers were beautiful out there- and headed to the limo- it picked us up at about 7:30- so we could have about and hour to snap away in Epcot-

Joann and Dad rode in the limo with us- the where our team- Dad had Evan, Ryne and Kyle and Joann took almost all of these pictures! Thank God we had them both!

the limo ride to Epcot-
glad to have water in the limo-it was already hot out-though coffee would've been better and the boys ate some cereal-hungry boys are never well behaved! At least this will hold them over for a little while!
100_3605.jpg

100_3603.jpg

100_3606.jpg

Sandy!! You looked so beautiful!! Your hair and makeup were absolutly gorgeous and perfect!! And all of your men were absolutely dashing! The picture of the five of you walking away with you and DH holding Evan's hands and your gown flowing behind you made me cry. What a beautiful, beautiful memory of the five of you walking off into your future together. :cloud9:

Can't wait to see more! :banana:

You looked so beautiful! And you have such handsome sons. I hope they weren't too upset about having to wear tuxes, because they were so cute.

Beautiful. And I love your hair! It is exactly what I want for mine! Do you mind if I use a picture of it as my inspiration picture?

Can't wait for more!

HAPPY 1 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!

Great pictures!! your dress is beautiful and the boys are so handsome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter