DreamMaker May 8 extra ticket needed

sweetbrat

Earning My Ears
Hello! My family is one of the groups who will be at DreamMaker. We have one extra person in our party and only have 8 tickets right now. Is anyone else one of the winning groups and short a guest by chance? I know DLR said they will try to get us one if there were any extras, but they will not know until later this week.

Please let me know. Thank you for your consideration!

I am bumping this, because we really need to find one of these before we leave if possible. Thank you again!

What is Dream maker?

It is a Disneyland Contest where people were nominated that somebody felt deserved a Dream Come True. They chose approximately 100 nominess across the nation/region and are flying them and their guests to this party and trip to Disneyland. At the party they will grant the wish of one or more of the nominees. I am sure they have already selected the winner(s), but we cannot know who it is until the party that night. Anyhow, we feel just the 3 day trip and party to Disneyland is a dream come true all in itself! We feel very humbled and blessed by this wonderful opportunity.

We have one extra family member who will be attending this with us adn we still need a ticket for them. Disneyland may be able to come through, but the number of tickets were limited so the chances are slim.

Soo... tell us about your "Dream". :)

Can't help with the ticket, but good luck.

OH! Very nice and congratulations. I wish I could help you with the ticket.

Thanks to both of you!

Soo... tell us about your "Dream". :)

The lead up to the dream is in normal type, the dream is in bold below.

Well, the nominee is actually my son, Levi...not me. Levi is a five year old with autism. He had autism from day one I am sure. I could tell because he was my fifth nursing child and he did not bond to me in the same way as my other children. I forced bonding through a technique when he was 6 months.

He would jump for hours daily, held a similar toy in each hand and played ambidexterously, made some eye contact, and could say "Love you mama!" When he hit around 15 months he went into a sharp decline. He did NOT have the MMR shot at that time so that is not what caused it. It seems to be an age related decline at that period in time that just so happens to coincide with the same time people tend to get the MMR shot for their child.

Levi became completely non-verbal, quit making all eye contact. He became full of anger and frustration and would go into meltdowns for hours at a time several times daily.

First I taught him to make eye contact. Then I taught him to interact with me. Next, I taught him to mimic. However, he would not point at his needs, he would just SHRILL. He remained non-verbal outside of shrilling. I thought there was nothing I could do about it. Then I read an article about how stroke patients can develop a new language center in the other half of their brain and develop new nerve pathways to be able to speak. Why wouldn't that work on an autistic child I thought?

I had no financial resources. My hubby and I were separated at the time and I worked full time from home just to support my children and me. I did not want Levi put in daycare as he had so many issues I was afraid somebody would be tempted to abuse him. Levi only slept about 4 hours a night and I refused to have him medicated, even though so little sleep was taking its toll on me, as I had to be awake when he was awake to keep him safe, as he was oblivious to danger. I knew if he was medicated I would NEVER pull him out of his own world.

Anyway, we made a bunch of changes when Levi was about 42 months old to teach him to talk. They worked. Soon as he started talking, we found out he knew SO MUCH all this time. The meltdowns became less and less as he could now communicate his needs. Levi still has quirks, but you talk about an amazing child. He now loves other little children, shows empathy to others, talks to people in the store (most of the time), behaves very well overall. There are a couple of things that overstimulate him and can set him off into a meltdown. I know the triggers and I can see it coming on and nip it in the bud.

My husband and I are back together now. When we moved to California, I have not been able to find another work from home job that can work out around Levi as of yet. So our finances are still very tight. In fact, on our trip to Disneyland, even though it is mostly paid for, we don't have money to eat out, as we have a big family. I am ordering our groceries from Albertsons and we will eat sandwiches, cups of soup, etc in our room. I don't mind at all...we are still so very blessed.

So Levi is the little guy whose dreams are to be fulfilled. I did not know what to ask for him. The things I want for him, I don't know how Disney could ever fulfill. Those are for God, Levi, and me to work through. Such as Levi fulfilling the purpose for which he was born. To continue to express empathy to others, his education, his desire to interact with others and learn to think on more than his obsessive thought at the time.

Except this trip itself is a dream come true. And Levi would love to have his pix taken with certain characters (Chip N Dale, Pluto, Donald Duck, Lightning McQueen, etc) and would love it if they had a birthday cake with candles on it and sang Happy Birthday to him (even though it is NOT his birthday). LOL

Also, there is a character our children think is related to us because of the same last name. My teenage and three year old daughters both love this character. Levi would love for his sisters to meet that character.

I don't expect those things to come true at the party. I think there will be somebody with a much greater need/dream to be fulfilled and I will be blessed to see them receive it! :cheer2:

We are so very blessed just to receive this trip. And I am in tears again! :worship:

Blessings to all of you!!! And thank you again for all the wonderful help we have received here on the boards.

I wish you and your family a magical time. I hope all your families dreams come true. You are a truly wonderful mother. :) Have a great vacation. I wish I could help with the extra ticket but my thoughts are with you :)

thanks for the whole story.... it was really nice to read all the background... we will be there a couple days after you, and hope to hear about your trip on our return!

Have a magical vacation! :wizard:

--Lisa

I wish you and your family a magical time. I hope all your families dreams come true. You are a truly wonderful mother. :) Have a great vacation. I wish I could help with the extra ticket but my thoughts are with you :)

thanks for the whole story.... it was really nice to read all the background... we will be there a couple days after you, and hope to hear about your trip on our return!

Have a magical vacation! :wizard:

--Lisa

Thank you so much to both of you! Hope you enjoy your next trips as well. It will be exciting to see my three youngest light up, as they have never been to Disneyland before. Woo Hoo! I still have NO IDEA what to expect at the party, but I will find out in a few days!

Blessings to you!!!

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing. :goodvibes

We *might* have an extra ticket. I'm going to send you a PM.

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing. :goodvibes

We *might* have an extra ticket. I'm going to send you a PM.

Thank you! Wow, if you have an extra ticket that would bless me to no end! However, I understand if it does not come through. So does this mean you will be in attendance as well? Are you a Dream Maker? What is your story? I would love to hear!

Blessings to you, Julianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter