• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreaming of a Transatlantic cruise...

thewright6

Earning My Ears
Oh, how I wish we could go on one of the Transatlantic cruises. The prices are sooo reasonable. I'm trying to talk myself into taking the kids out of school for 2 weeks but my logical side just can't do it. Well, a girl can dream, right???:cloud9:

I'm with you. I really want to do the Westbound TA but just can't convince myself to yank her for that length of time.

And I'm one for yanking for a week but 2 weeks (probably more with travel time at both ends) is just too much for me.
Now if a PC repo came out during school time I might just have to do it. :rotfl2:

My problem is that its right at the beginning of the year and I would feel somewhat bad.

If a PC cruise comes out, we're on it. I'm sure the school system would not be happy but that's just too bad.:cool1:

Our school system does give each student 5 vacation days that if you request 3 weeks in advance are excused absences so that's a nice perk.

We had the WB TA booked but, decided that 2 weeks out of school was just too much.
I couldn't imagine all that make up work with 6 kids. :scared: Getting my one to do it being out a week is enough to give me gray hair. And she's a good student but just doesn't want to do it. 6 would give me heart palpitations. I bow to you. You have my utmost respect. :worship:
(And I really don't mean that sarcastically.)

We are booked on the EB TA cruise! My daughter starts highschool next year, and I called to speak to someone there about pulling her for 2.5 weeks and they said that we should go for it! They said she will learn more in that 2.5 weeks than she ever could in months and months of school. They said if I have the means and opportunity to take her to Europe, it definately should be done!
She is a straight A student and has never struggled with school. I plan to bring any homework teachers want to send with her, and she can do as much as possible on the plane and get it out of the way.

We are booked on the EB TA cruise! My daughter starts highschool next year, and I called to speak to someone there about pulling her for 2.5 weeks and they said that we should go for it! They said she will learn more in that 2.5 weeks than she ever could in months and months of school. They said if I have the means and opportunity to take her to Europe, it definately should be done!
She is a straight A student and has never struggled with school. I plan to bring any homework teachers want to send with her, and she can do as much as possible on the plane and get it out of the way.

We too have a DD that will be 13 at that time, and I soooooo agree with what you and the school is saying. My thoughts exactly.
I also see the Canadian flag in your siggy. I assume your canadian. Us as well. Hopefully the girls can hook up before or during the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter