• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreaming of a Mediterranean Disney Cruise?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
Well so are we!! :sunny:

I realize that the Disney Med cruises are only a rumor right now, but since we won't find out anything definitely until the spring, why not daydream a little!? :cloud9:

Depending on the dates and rates, our first choices will be the repo cruises. If those don't work out due to dates conflicting with DSs schools, then we'd consider a regular Disney Med cruise.

Anyone else considering a Disney Med cruise?? :boat: Care to join in this discussion? :chat: If so, post here!! :wave2:

Count us in! We've been checking out other cruise lines because we want to go to either Alaska or the Med., but if DCL goes to either location, we'll be sailing with the Mouse! :earboy2: The Med. would be our first choice.

Personally, I wish they'd make it roundtrip out of Rome. That way, you could add an extra day or two there at the beginning or the end of the cruise. :teeth:

:love: I would love a med cruise. :love:

:goodvibes Especially if we don't have the 9 1/2 hour flight to get there as we live in the UK.

Just wishing
:rolleyes1

We're dreaming, too! Our DD graduates from high school in May, 2007. We've already faxed a request to Disney Control for a Cat 3 the last week in May or first week in June. Our fingers are crossed!!! :teeth: We think it would be just perfect for our family. :banana:

I too would love a Med cruise! We too faxed IC for last week in May 07 or first 2 weeks in June for an SPR if there is a Med cruise. Our other alternative we're considering is Mexican Riviera, which we requested late July or early Aug 07 if that is what Disney decides. I would soooo love a Med cruise, and if we took the kids, (they'll be 7 and 5 in 07), DCL is sooo great with their clubs, I wouldn't hesitate to take in a few of the ports w/out them. I would love a Rome stay for a few days as well. I'm hoping for lots of Italy!

We would absolutely do a DCL Med Cruise. DH and I are cruising the Med in May with out our DDs (they get to spend 10 days being spoiled by Grandma). We would be willing to go again in 2007 so we could take the girls. I believe DCL would do an awesome job with family friendly excursions. I am planning to save all my research from our 2006 cruise just in case. ;)

I also have to add that we would be just as willing to do a DCL Alaska cruise too.

Another Brit here keeping her fingers crossed for Summer 07 cruising round the Med with DCL!

Nicola

I can see why Europeans would like a Med cruise.
For many North Americans the cost of air fare alone would put it out of our reach.

We can use FF miles to cover the air fare. I am more worried about the cruise cost. The West Coast rates were steep and the rates already released for 2007 are also pretty steep. I'd really like to do a Med cruise, but concerned we may get priced out. :confused3

We can generally only cruise as a family during "high" season because of kid's school. However, DH and I are doing a 4 day in March 2007. That cruise is more expensive than the same week in 2006 even though the 2007 cruise is 15 months away and the 2006 is only 3 months away. :earseek:

We will do a Med cruise if offered...DH said he'd like to do the repo plus the Med...either beginning or ending of the season depending on how it fits with our schedule. I should fax inventory control for the cheapest cabin on the ship, it is the only way we'll be able to afford it !!!

We'd do a Med in a heartbeat. I faxed IC last week as well, but who knows what will happen. We'd actually catch a break on airfare with buddy passes flying with my mom who is a United retiree. I bet it will be the only financial break we'd get on a trip like this....I am a bit nervous to see the rates. :rolleyes:

We would love a Med. cruise....I just hope the airfare is not a killer! :scared1: :scared1:

I don't think I would do a Alaska cruise. But I would do the Repo cruise to or from Alaska.

Travis

We would also love a med cruise, or at least I would, don't think DH would be to thrilled, but he would go. I think it would probably be out of our price range though. But heres hoping for some good news.

I'm sure it would be out of our price range too, but it's fun to dream!

Mike

DH presented a question this morning; if we do a Med repo cruise (let's say, the repo to bring the ship back to the US), will it stop at the Med ports on the way back? Or would it just leave Europe and head straight back? Anyone familiar with other cruise lines' Med cruises? How is it usually done? We do want to see some of Europe, so if the ship would just leave and head straight back here, we'd probably want to either: 1: Fly over, visit the countries we want to see, then get to the ship for the repo cruise home. OR 2: Fly over a week before the repo cruise to take the week-long Med cruise, then stay on the ship for the repo cruise home. I am leaning towards just flying over to Europe, visit some castles :teeth: , then take the repo cruise back home.

Any comments, insights, or opinions on this subject?? :)

SeaSpray said:
DH presented a question this morning; if we do a Med repo cruise (let's say, the repo to bring the ship back to the US), will it stop at the Med ports on the way back? Or would it just leave Europe and head straight back? Anyone familiar with other cruise lines' Med cruises? How is it usually done? We do want to see some of Europe, so if the ship would just leave and head straight back here, we'd probably want to either: 1: Fly over, visit the countries we want to see, then get to the ship for the repo cruise home. OR 2: Fly over a week before the repo cruise to take the week-long Med cruise, then stay on the ship for the repo cruise home. I am leaning towards just flying over to Europe, visit some castles :teeth: , then take the repo cruise back home.

Any comments, insights, or opinions on this subject?? :)

This site shows some transatlantic repositioning itineraries for some other cruiselines....looks like they all make several stops when leaving the US, at least. I would imagine they'd make it at least a 14-day cruise if they actually do it, and it looks like it just takes 6 days with no stops. There's gotta be some stops at Med ports, and of course a stop at CC!!

Sample Repositioning Itineraries

they are deciding between two ports right now. If they sail out of Barcelona, Spain it will be a 10-day trip and if it is out of SouthHampton, England it will be a 14 day trip. Don't know if this is true, but I heard it on the cruise.

Dis Mama said:
they are deciding between two ports right now. If they sail out of Barcelona, Spain it will be a 10-day trip and if it is out of SouthHampton, England it will be a 14 day trip. Don't know if this is true, but I heard it on the cruise.

Thanks for this info. England/UK is where we're hoping to visit. If the cruise doesn't stop there, we'll fly there first to visit, then fly to whichever port the cruise will be departing from.

two-foxes said:
This site shows some transatlantic repositioning itineraries for some other cruiselines....looks like they all make several stops when leaving the US, at least. I would imagine they'd make it at least a 14-day cruise if they actually do it, and it looks like it just takes 6 days with no stops. There's gotta be some stops at Med ports, and of course a stop at CC!!

Sample Repositioning Itineraries

Thanks for that site :) It's amazing to see how many variations there are!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter