• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreaming of a Category 1

Officially, it's only 7 but unofficially these suites can comfortably sleep 8.

chmb1 - Absolutely correct! Cat 1's can easily sleep 8; even 9 rather comfortably.

Do the math :

Queen bed in the master bedroom - there's 2

Pulldown bed off the master bedroom (queen or at least full ?) = 2 more

2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds with 2 upper berths, so there's 4 more.

And the couch, if need be, can be a comfy sleep spot for one...

So that's 9. And that dude who got reeeeal drunk at your suite party? He can sleep right there on the floor. ;)

Ok, so nevermind the drunk dude! Still, 8 or 9 is no prob in cat. 1. I can't wait to have cat. 1 again this October !!! :sunny: :sunny:

Move over Walt, here comes Beano! :cool1:

'Beano' :cool:

:Pinkbounc I wanna go now :Pinkbounc

Is it October yet??? :rotfl2:

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower: :mickeybar

cristit14 said:
Bella ~ when are you going in December. We are going on the 12/10 Eastern. Come on over to the cruise meets board if that is when you are cruising too.
Thank you - I wish. Dec 2005 is again a 4 day with family (since it's their first cruise). Dec 2006 will be first 7 day.

:banana: Dreaming of a Category 1 :banana:

:Pinkbounc I only have to dream about Walt's room for 7 more months :Pinkbounc .....and while I'm waiting, I'll just think back to this last Ocotober when I was in Roy's room :cloud9:

Category 1 is the only way to go!!!!!! Yeah, I know I'm spoiled!!!! :rotfl:

Hugs,

We just stayed in the Walt Disney suite for the 4 day Wonder (2/27). Someone had cancelled the night before so it was open and we took the opportunity! We had 2 separate families - 4 adults and 3 kids. We could have easily had one more kid, but compromising when you have 2 families is the key! Someone gets the master bedroom suite/bath and someone gets a room with 2 twins/2 bunks. But who can complain with such a spectacular room! For those sharing with friends - let your concierge know that you are 2 separate families. Everything was always delivered to the master room (chocolates and animal towels for example).

I'm hoping someone who has stayed in a cat 1 can answer a few questions for me. We stayed in a cat 3 last year and thought we would be able to order from Palo but found out that it is only for cat 1 and cat 2. This year we are staying in a cat 1 and would love to be able to order from Palo. Has anyone done this? How does it work? Is it possible to order enough for my children so they could experience the wonderful food Palo has to offer? Is there a surcharge or limit to the amount of times you can order? Is it only Palo dinner or is Palo brunch offered? I don't want to promise my kids a taste of chocolate souffle only to find out that I can't make it happen. Thanks.

Sweetspot, when we stayed in the Cat. 2 last year I told our Concierge Team (Maria and Monica) that we were going to eat in Palo one night and asked if we could order Palo for our kids that same night. Maria was not sure and said she had to ask the head server in Palo. She reported back to us that, yes, we would be able to order for them. As it turned out the kids did not want to order from Palo (their loss). I believe you can only order the dinner and not the brunch. The charge is $10 per person and I do not know if they limit the number of times you can order from Palo but would assume they have to draw the line at some point. There may be a specific time frame that you can order from Palo as it is if you order from any of the dining rooms. You would have to ask Concierge. HTH

Alright, lets clear this up. Since I was the "butler" during BeanoC and RonnieJo's party (again, don't mind, love serving drinks), I can tell you that the catering room in the Cat 1's is not a fridge either. It is another cool box. We had to keep all of the champagne and wine on ice. The concierge brought in a lot of ice that we put in the sink and in wine buckets. It is a nice space that contains the mess of your party, if I recall correctly. Do we recall anything. Go back to the video!!!

:worship: Thank you Tarzanman...you are the "bestest" drink server there is!

The so-called fridge is so small that you can't fit anything in it...ice buckets are a much better way to go.

Tarzanman: if in question, we can always go to video! I seem to have trouble remembering some spots as well! :rotfl2:

Cat.1 is the only way to go baby!!!! :cool1:

Hugs,

ok so looking at the pic - where is the murphy bed? and that comes out of the wall and it sleeps two...so a couple....then the master bedroom - another couple - and then the bedroom with 4 beds - so 4 kids or adults - and the couch converts too?

Alwayslisad.... :wave:

The pull-out bed is in the wall of the library..right outside the sliding glass doors to the master bedroom. The second bedroom has 2 twins on the floor and 2 pull down berths, master bedroom, queen bed and then the pull down. Couch does not convert as far as I know...never checked :rotfl:

For a quote and to get onto waiting list, you'd be best off to call Dreams Unlimited directly. It can be up to 2 years that you may have to wait for a Cat. 1. Depends on the travel dates etc..

If you would like any other info, I'd be happy to give whatever I can

Hugs,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter