• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dreaming of a Category 1

Honu

<font color=blue>I have a 3 ft. personal space are
Can anyone tell me what the room is off the hallway, across from the Master Bedroom? It looks like it has a sink. Is it a kitchen?

82246cat_one.JPG

:wave: Hi...

The room off the hall is a butler's kitchen. I stayed in the Roy O Disney suite this past October and am going to be in The Walt Disney suite this October!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Hugs,

RonnieJo :flower: :mickeybar

RonnieJo66 said:

The room off the hall is a butler's kitchen. I stayed in the Roy O Disney suite this past October and am going to be in The Walt Disney suite this October!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Please adopt me!!! :teeth:

T&B

RonnieJo66 said:

Hugs,

Looks like you do know how to vacation right RonnieJo. I am green with envy.

So what's in that butler's kitchen, besides the sink?? Real fridge, microwave, what?

Thanks!! :bitelip:

Honu:

It's about the size of a closet. It's to be used by your butler or concierge service for parties etc. We used ours to store our extra refreshments during our party. It has a small refrigerator, sink and cupboard space.

Here's the link to our pics from our Oct. 2004 cruise if you'd like to see (not sure if any pics of the butler's kitchen made it on there but at least you can see the room etc)

http://homepage.mac.com/b.creighton/PhotoAlbum10.html

Hugs,

RonnieJo -

How many of you stayed in the suite? I am trying to figure out what is the most comfortable and fun arrangement for a larger group.

:wave: GeneralMax:

Well technically only 4 of us "stayed" in our room. But I will tell you that it can easily accomodate 8, plus 2 more? on the hide-a-bed in the livingroom

We had a large party of friends with us and there was no less than 10+ in our room at most times...

Hope that helps :goodvibes

Hugs,

Ronniejo, love the lime green shirts! You guys looked so cute in all your matching outfits! how fun!

RonnieJo66 said:
:wave: GeneralMax:

Well technically only 4 of us "stayed" in our room. But I will tell you that it can easily accomodate 8, plus 2 more? on the hide-a-bed in the livingroom

We had a large party of friends with us and there was no less than 10+ in our room at most times...

Hope that helps :goodvibes

Hugs,

I wonder why the maximum occupancy is 7 with all those beds. Shoot, if it sleeps 10 it would be a downright bargin. ;)

How is the privacy between the master bedroom and the TV/murphy bed room? It looks like a sliding door.

p.s. You guys sure look like you're having a blast in those pix. Very cool.

The master bedroom has a sliding glass door between it and the pull down in the library room. The second bedroom has 2 twins on the floor (they can be pushed together to make 1 full...if you sweet talk your room steward) and then there are also 2 twins that can be dropped down from ceiling. There was a couch in the living room that I do believe is a hide-a-bed (?) By my count that could be 10....it'd be very full but do-able.

Hugs,

We stayed in the Walt Suite last month on the Eastern.

The sofa does not convert into a bed but there is a queen Murphy bed in the media room in between the master and the living room.

Chris

Someone mentioned that fitting 10 would make the room a bargain but I'm assuming it works just like the other cabins where you have to pay dearly for the extra people. Not like a hotel room.

:wave: HI...

I stand corrected . I was never sure about the couch converting, so now I know for sure, thanks! I guess comfortably, I would say 7-8, depending on how many children are included in the count. If it is adults, then I'd say 7. All depends on sleeping arrangements. :confused3

We didn't mind sharing our space with out friends, but it sure was nice when all was said and done for them to go back to their rooms and to have the place all to ourselves :rotfl2:

Hugs,

Technically---they will only allow the 5 I believe. Now, you can probably book a Cat 12 at a much cheaper rate and then all stay in the Cat 1 although I am not sure what the concierge and housekeeping would say about it all. I do know that all cabins in your party can benefit from some concierge services.

Personally, I think even 8 in there would be too crowded for me. Part of having the suite is having the spacious accomodations. Start throwing bodies, luggage and everyone's stuff everywhere and even the largest suite will become very confining.

Maybe someone has tried it before.

DG

We will have 7 (5 adults, 2 children) in the Roy suite on the Wonder in 11 days. DCL says the max capacity for a Cat. 1 is 7.

Bella2000 said:
We have 7 - 4 adults, 3 kids in the Walt Disney Suite for Dec '05

Bella ~ when are you going in December. We are going on the 12/10 Eastern. Come on over to the cruise meets board if that is when you are cruising too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter