Dream Vs.magic Staterooms

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
My family has been on the wonder and the magic..
Now we have our sights set on the Dream..
Are there any major differences stateroom wise?

Things we have learn from our sailing on the wonder and magic
1.We prefer inside cabins. We are not in our room very much and never use the verandahs.
2.We like sideways cabins the best.. It function better with our family of 4.
3.We like deck 5 on the wonder and magic. It close to the kids clubs and not a lot of foot traffic.

My family has been on the wonder and the magic..
Now we have our sights set on the Dream..
Are there any major differences stateroom wise?

Things we have learn from our sailing on the wonder and magic
1.We prefer inside cabins. We are not in our room very much and never use the verandahs.
2.We like sideways cabins the best.. It function better with our family of 4.
3.We like deck 5 on the wonder and magic. It close to the kids clubs and not a lot of foot traffic.
To be honest bar the shop being bigger there is not a lot of differences and the staterooms are similar, there are inside sideways staterooms on the Dream.

I am like you in that I prefer inside cabins as I am rarely in it. I have had an inside cabin on the Magic on deck six and an inside on the Dream on deck two. Liked them both, but neither were sideways. The inside on the Dream had a magical porthole which I loved. I didn't think I would like being on deck two, but out of all the cruises I have been on (among the various cruiselines and on different size ships), it was the most convenient and easiest room to find. It was close to the midship stairs, never had trouble with filled elevators, and with the Enchanted Garden restaurant situated right in the middle of the deck, I always knew what way to turn for my cabin when I got off the elevator.

The major difference is the magic porthole that shows realtime views from outside the ship. If you like insides on the classic ships you'll love the dream class insides. You view could be of the aft, forward, port or starboard, ie if the wall at the head of the bed is to the aft of the ship you will have an aft view. We love theses rooms and that's all we ever book.

The same category rooms on the Dream are smaller than on the Magic. We also found that the room category we normally book on the Magic didn't have the steamer trunk on the Dream but instead the table by the couch opened and had storage. The closets have doors which open outwards instead of sliding which I found annoying as you can't open the bathroom doors if the closet door is open and you can't open the stateroom door if one of the closet doors is open. Not sure what they were thinking. The bathrooms seem a bit smaller and you have to step up higher to get in. I knocked my foot several times as a result. The room is generally narrower, at least in our category, so there was a lot less room between the end of the bed and the wall so I hit the bed a few times when getting up in the middle of the night. And then there's the light - you have to put a room key into the slot to turn the lights on. We just brought an old room key from WDW (we came from there to the cruise) and then just took it out when we left the room and put it onto a shelf in the closet so that we wouldn't forget our KTTW card. Otherwise, the rooms are pretty much the same but since we're used to the Magic we noticed these differences. The only ones that really annoyed me were the light/key slot and the outwards opening closet doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter