Dream v magic

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
I have been on the magic before

Would you choose 4 night bahamas on dream or 7 night caribbean on magic?

:goodvibes

Seven nights on the Magic is an easy choice for me. No contest.

I would choose the Caribbean over the Bahamas any day. However, since you've already sailed on the Magic, how about 7 nights on the Fantasy?

I would choose the Magic over the Dream any day, even if the cruises were the same. Throw in extra days and a better destination and it is a no brainer.

The Magic is my favorite ship, and 7 nights!!! That is a no brainer for me… MAGIC!!! Plus Castaway Cay is less crowded!

If the cruise length were the same then I would definitely choose the Dream over the Magic but in your case, I would chose the longer cruise.

We preferred the Dream to the Magic, however, our itineraries were the same (intentionally) so at that point, it was a question of which ship was better. A 7 day cruise will probably take you to better ports, so its less a contest of ships at that point. The Magic definitely was SUPER fun for us adults with Andy but the kid travelling with us wasn't as impressed with the kids clubs. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Magic for 7 days if the islands are where you want to go. The new areas are really great. However, the rooms don't even come close. So figure out which experience you like better. Both will be great trips.

I would choose the Magic over the Dream. Longer cruise is better and I like the ship more.

We love the Magic, have not sailed the Dream, but 7 days (including 2 at sea I guess) is better than 4 and 2500 vs 4000 people on Castaway Cay is also an advantage. :dance3:

We love the Dream and have booked another one for next year. I had thought about changing it to a 5 night on the Magic though. Thanks for this thread because I was wondering the same thing. The difference with us is that it is still Bahamas but also has Key West added in.

Oh and I had read somewhere that some areas of the Magic has issues with a sewer smell. Maybe someone that knows about this will chime in. :)

If you are just comparing ship to ship, every single person we sailed with in our group on the Magic liked the Dream way better. The one cruiser who had never been on Disney thought it was fine. We all had problems in our rooms, every one of us, whether someone got stuck in the jammed door in their bathroom, there were holes in the floor *not kidding, under the carpet*, or leaky faucets, or rattling ac vents. They were not up to the usual Disney standard, and that was the first thing my Dad (who sprung for the most expensive room of the group with the veranda) noted. Its in my trip report.

We just had a PERFECT Dream cruise. Our Magic was not perfect, but the staff was very good.

We wouldn't cruise the Magic again, unless it was just me and my sis or pink mermaid, because we aren't that particular. The others noted how much they missed the technology such as Crush or the Midship game, even though we got to do the AP drawing interactive show which was pretty fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter