• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

HallsofVA, or anyone who can help, what do you know about room 12514? It is a one bedroom suite. We are going in March. That is our room. Im concerned about what appears to be a big white ladder/moving bucket near our room and verandah?! Thanks for any help!

You can see 12514 labeled in the picture above your post (sorry, the black is a little hard to read). It looks like a good room. You don't have the slightly extended verandahs of the room next to you that are over the spa bumpout, but you're right by the Concierge Lounge so that should be convenient! Plus up there, you'll be so high up you'll see everything!

Regarding the cleaning trolley, others have asked about the trolleys around their rooms. I'd look more at recent pictures for their more likely placement, especially when not in use. They seem to retract, and they have the ability to roll them out of the way when they aren't being used. It's on a track that runs around that deck, and I think we saw somewhere many pages back where they could hide it without blocking anything. That ladder retracts or stores elsewhere, so it shouldn't always be hanging down as it is in the picture. (At least that's our practical assumption!)

Apologies in advance if there are any broken links in my posts in this thread. If you find any, please let me know. I was doing some organizing in my Photobucket account, and realized that I probably broke some links when I moved some of the dream pictures to a separate album. I've tried to move everything back, but you never know what might have gone astray!

Let me know if you see any, in here or any of my other posts on the board, so I can update them! Thanks!

And either way, you'll be on a beautiful new cruise ship, in the Bahamas or Caribbean, rather than outside of Chicago, which is probably pretty cold and snowy right now!

You've got that right! Can't wait for that 'new ship smell'! :rotfl2:

HallsofVA, do you have an update on Stateroom 11000? I saw an early picture, but it was a little hard to see if the Veranda wraps around the spa bumpout. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any pics of the middle of the Dream...we have room 7116

My apologies, but I never quite got the opportunity to label the left side of the ship. However, your room is directly across the ship from 7614, so where you see 7614 in the picture below, that's essentially where your room is and what it looks like, just on the opposite side of the ship.

7012f594.jpg

HallsofVA, do you have an update on Stateroom 11000? I saw an early picture, but it was a little hard to see if the Veranda wraps around the spa bumpout. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The picture in the first post (relinked below) was the only one I got and labeled of that room, and it's admittedly not the greatest picture, especially of room 11000. From what we can see in that picture, though, it does appear that they stretched the verandah dividers out to the edge of the bumpout. Since your room stretches a little to the bumpout, you should have a little bit of bump. In fact, if you look carefully at the picture below, I think you can see your verandah divider cutting off the far left edge of the bumpout.

458bddbe.jpg

The picture in the first post (relinked below) was the only one I got and labeled of that room, and it's admittedly not the greatest picture, especially of room 11000. From what we can see in that picture, though, it does appear that they stretched the verandah dividers out to the edge of the bumpout. Since your room stretches a little to the bumpout, you should have a little bit of bump. In fact, if you look carefully at the picture below, I think you can see your verandah divider cutting off the far left edge of the bumpout.

458bddbe.jpg

Steve and I are in 12008 for a 3 day in May and this picture really helps me visualize where we will be staying! I didn't realize that the verandah would come out so far. Yay!

Beth

Wow HallsofVa this thread is great!! I have never cruised on DCL and am looking at booking an 8D on the Dream in 2012, but have sooooo many questions that I feel stuck in making a decision. I don't know if one end or one side of the ship is better (which is more likely to have a view of Castaway Cay/port?), or if what is below/above will be noisy (I am a VERY light sleeper)??? I hope you don't mind giving me a little advice. The available rooms are 6172, 6170, 6670, 6666, 5166, 5016, 5516, 5678. Which do you think are best and why? I am thinking no on all of the deck 5 rooms (5016 and 5516 seem to be right near a protrusion at the front of the ship that would somewhat block the view toward the front, and 5166 and 5678 seem to be over Evolution night club so I worry about noise). Of the deck 6 rooms, I am thinking 6670 may be the best bet IF the Dream backs into Castaway Cay (is that right?) and 6666 would be ok except that it is by the elevators and that usually wakes me up at night. Thank you so much for any advice!!!

Wow HallsofVa this thread is great!! I have never cruised on DCL and am looking at booking an 8D on the Dream in 2012, but have sooooo many questions that I feel stuck in making a decision. I don't know if one end or one side of the ship is better (which is more likely to have a view of Castaway Cay/port?), or if what is below/above will be noisy (I am a VERY light sleeper)??? I hope you don't mind giving me a little advice. The available rooms are 6172, 6170, 6670, 6666, 5166, 5016, 5516, 5678. Which do you think are best and why? I am thinking no on all of the deck 5 rooms (5016 and 5516 seem to be right near a protrusion at the front of the ship that would somewhat block the view toward the front, and 5166 and 5678 seem to be over Evolution night club so I worry about noise). Of the deck 6 rooms, I am thinking 6670 may be the best bet IF the Dream backs into Castaway Cay (is that right?) and 6666 would be ok except that it is by the elevators and that usually wakes me up at night. Thank you so much for any advice!!!

Photos from recent Dream cruisers, have shown the ship backed into Castaway Cay, which would make the right, or starboard, rooms the best for a good view of the island. Given the length of the Dream, you may want to be more aft than forward to improve your view, but it depends on how much of the island you want to see at once, and how good of a zoom you have on your camera.

I'm with you on not booking the rooms on Deck 5, especially if you are a light sleeper. The 8D rooms on Deck 6 are all connecting rooms, but your thoughts on 6670 being your top choice sounds good. (I don't know if I could book 6666 since the room number gives me the creeps, but it would work for me since I like being by the elevators.)

I have an admitted personal preference to not book connecting rooms unless I need them (carryover from the other ships where they were hard to get, versus the Dream where they are hard to avoid), so I paid the extra $20 for my cruises to move up to the 8C rooms on Deck 7. I have 7678 booked for 3 cruises on the Fantasy at the moment for that very reason!

Photos from recent Dream cruisers, have shown the ship backed into Castaway Cay, which would make the right, or starboard, rooms the best for a good view of the island. Given the length of the Dream, you may want to be more aft than forward to improve your view, but it depends on how much of the island you want to see at once, and how good of a zoom you have on your camera.

I'm with you on not booking the rooms on Deck 5, especially if you are a light sleeper. The 8D rooms on Deck 6 are all connecting rooms, but your thoughts on 6670 being your top choice sounds good. (I don't know if I could book 6666 since the room number gives me the creeps, but it would work for me since I like being by the elevators.)

I have an admitted personal preference to not book connecting rooms unless I need them (carryover from the other ships where they were hard to get, versus the Dream where they are hard to avoid), so I paid the extra $20 for my cruises to move up to the 8C rooms on Deck 7. I have 7678 booked for 3 cruises on the Fantasy at the moment for that very reason!

Does that mean those of us with the aft facing rooms will have killer views at CC??

Does that mean those of us with the aft facing rooms will have killer views at CC??

Generally, yes, though it depends on what you want to see. You'll have a great view of the island, but if you want to look at the beaches and cabanas, the view will be better for those toward the starboard side. If you look straight off the back of the ship you'll probably have a good view of the tram station and roadway, with some visibility to the Family beach to the side, and a lot of green island looking straight ahead.

If you look at the picture below (which is of the Magic, but still works), this was taken from the beach at Castaway Rays, which is at the end of the beach area closest to the ship. You can see how the aft part of the ship points more to the inland part of the island, than toward the beaches. Thus my reason for thinking the view is best off the starboard side.

6f2c6ad4.jpg

b5d23e05.jpg

ok.....maybe im overthinking this....but i was wondering if there is a way to know what side of the ship will face the ocean when dockedat port??..in other words, if my room is 9090, when we are docked, will i have a nice ocean view, or the yucky concrete port??,,...this is a shout-out to HallsofVA!!:lovestruc
thank you!!
annabug

Generally, yes, though it depends on what you want to see. You'll have a great view of the island, but if you want to look at the beaches and cabanas, the view will be better for those toward the starboard side. If you look straight off the back of the ship you'll probably have a good view of the tram station and roadway, with some visibility to the Family beach to the side, and a lot of green island looking straight ahead.

If you look at the picture below (which is of the Magic, but still works), this was taken from the beach at Castaway Rays, which is at the end of the beach area closest to the ship. You can see how the aft part of the ship points more to the inland part of the island, than toward the beaches. Thus my reason for thinking the view is best off the starboard side.

6f2c6ad4.jpg

b5d23e05.jpg

This makes me even more excited for our first cruise next month. If all holds true, we should have some killer views from 9664, 9662 & 9660! :)

ok..duh...i just starting reading, and realized you guys were discussng my question already:confused3..sorry!
i just need to figure out what side of the ship im on...im not familiar with cruise lingo!annabug

ok.....maybe im overthinking this....but i was wondering if there is a way to know what side of the ship will face the ocean when dockedat port??..in other words, if my room is 9090, when we are docked, will i have a nice ocean view, or the yucky concrete port??,,...this is a shout-out to HallsofVA!!:lovestruc
thank you!!
annabug

Which cruise and which ship? And do you really want to see the ocean or the city/port or other attraction? I ask, because this is one place where Castaway Cay is different. From the pictures just posted above, the left side of the ship faces the ocean, and is the side that the dock is on. So you look down, you see the concrete, look out you see the ocean. But many like to be on the right side, that faces the developed part of the island.

On our one trip to Nassau, we were on the right side, and looked at Atlantis rather than at the dock.

At Grand Cayman, the right side generally faces the island, while the left side looks out to the ocean (or to the next cruise ship depending on how many ships are anchored in port that day.)

ok..duh...i just starting reading, and realized you guys were discussng my question already:confused3..sorry!
i just need to figure out what side of the ship im on...im not familiar with cruise lingo!annabug

You're on the left, or port side of the ship. Rooms with 0 or 1 as the 1st number after the deck number are on the left, while rooms with 5 or 6 as the 1st number after the deck number are on the right.

ty! we are on the dream 5 night in june.....so then if 9090 is on the left, and that side is docked....does the right provide a nicer view of this island?, what about for when we are at bahamas?? any advice? is it worth canging my room to directly across the ship?/ i just feel like i am spending so much on the room, i want to feel REALLY HAPPY when i m in it!!:rotfl::rotfl:
annabug

ty! we are on the dream 5 night in june.....so then if 9090 is on the left, and that side is docked....does the right provide a nicer view of this island?, what about for when we are at bahamas?? any advice? is it worth canging my room to directly across the ship?/ i just feel like i am spending so much on the room, i want to feel REALLY HAPPY when i m in it!!:rotfl::rotfl:
annabug

How much do you plan on being in your room when in port? I love the view from the right side of the ship at Castaway Cay, and still lean toward picking that side when booking, but I don't know if I'm that tied to it where I'd go worry about switching, unless I could easily get a room at the same rate. And it depends on what you want to see in Nassau from your room, and how they dock the ship (I haven't heard about how they dock the Dream in Nassau.) Our one time in Nassau, we still liked the right side, since it looked out to Atlantis rather than to the dock, but the town was pretty too as seen from the dock side!

We used to head back to the ship early at CC, just after lunch for naps, so we spent a lot of time on the ship while at the island. Now that the kids are older, we're off the ship while at the island longer than we're on the ship. So it may not really matter. Even if you're on the left side of the ship, you'll get to see the island first, until they pivot the ship around 180 degrees to back it into the dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter