• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Can anyone see anything wrong with stateroom 9652? It is a cat. 5A deck 9. Other than the partial obstruction from the side wall what will the view be below and in front?

I personally wouldn't book those rooms because they are located above the night clubs, specifically Pink. While the entire room isn't directly over Pink, I have to imagine at least a portion of the room will be directly over the club.
I thought that 5656 was over the restrooms that are on deck 4 starboard. That's why I moved to that cabin vs. a cabin on the port side - thought it would be quieter than being over 'Pink'. Am I way off here?

I thought that 5656 was over the restrooms that are on deck 4 starboard. That's why I moved to that cabin vs. a cabin on the port side - thought it would be quieter than being over 'Pink'. Am I way off here?

Agreed that the room you picked is likely to be quieter than the room on the other side of the ship, since you are over the restrooms.

Not having been on the ship, I honestly don't know how the traffic patterns, etc. will be. But coming from my perspective having young kids who go to bed early, I would still personally probably avoid those rooms, since you know how noisy a bar bathroom can get, especially late at night! But given the choice between 5656 and 5156, I'll take 5656!

Can anyone see anything wrong with stateroom 9652? It is a cat. 5A deck 9. Other than the partial obstruction from the side wall what will the view be below and in front?

As you mentioned, it's one of the slightly obstructed verandah rooms, with an obstruction that looks no more significant than the obstruction on the reclassified obstructed verandah rooms on the Magic/Wonder.

As far as the view below, if you look straight down from your verandah, I assume you'll see the verandah for room 5660, since that verandah, and the other 5E verandahs next to it, stick out further to extend to the edge of the ship's "hips". I don't think anyone may get to look straight down to the water from their rooms or verandahs, as you can on the Magic/Wonder, with the possible exception of the Deck 5 extended verandah folks.

I'm not sure what you mean by the view in front. Looking straight out from your verandah, you'll of course see sky and water!

IMGP7859.JPG

I have finally managed to make it through the majority of this thread and am more confused than ever! We will be going on a 7 day in 2012.

My DH will really enjoy the verandahs and I want to be sure to book a nice one.

Here's my confusion:

I initially thought that the aft rooms looked pretty neat but now I am worried that they are too recessed and that you won't really feel like the ocean is just beneath you.

On deck 10 I'm wondering if the public area above it will be noisy.

If we want to sit on the deck and read a good book, watching the ocean go by, are we better off with a side verandah or aft (some look a little bigger).

Thanks so much for any opinions. Once I make this decision I can rest easy till 2012! Right now, my mind is much from trying to weigh all of the options. :confused3

Hee, hee - Quoting myself!

Halls of VA you seem so to know so much about this. Do you have any an opinion for someone who would like to spend some time lounging on their own veranda reading a book and chilling out?

I have finally managed to make it through the majority of this thread and am more confused than ever! We will be going on a 7 day in 2012.

My DH will really enjoy the verandahs and I want to be sure to book a nice one.

Here's my confusion:

I initially thought that the aft rooms looked pretty neat but now I am worried that they are too recessed and that you won't really feel like the ocean is just beneath you.

On deck 10 I'm wondering if the public area above it will be noisy.

If we want to sit on the deck and read a good book, watching the ocean go by, are we better off with a side verandah or aft (some look a little bigger).

Thanks so much for any opinions. Once I make this decision I can rest easy till 2012! Right now, my mind is much from trying to weigh all of the options. :confused3

Now, if you really want to book a nice verandah, I'd be remiss in not recommending 12002 or 12502! Huge verandah, and you can sit out on your own private hot tub on the verandah, or bathe in the shower or jacuzzi tub that has a picture window view of the ocean. Alas, that's a bit out of my price range at the moment. But I'm sure it'll be quite nice!

As to the verandahs for the rest of us, the good news is the Dream has very few obstructed wall verandahs, so you should be able to see out from wherever you are. Do you have any preference for seeing the ocean as it is, unaffected by your passing by, or do you prefer to see where you've been?

We've had rooms on the back, where you get a great view of where you have been, but you are always seeing the water all churned up after a large ship (yours) has passed by. It makes for a neat shade of lighter blue, and can often attract birds and sea life to fish in the wake, but you never really get to see calm ocean waters. You can also experience some noise from the engines, but those are more when you are stopping or turning, than when you are sailing forward, so no a big issue when you're sitting outside. But the dream has many aft verandahs that are longer and/or larger than the typical verandahs are, so they are definitely attractive.

From the side, you can see the water, but then of course you're limited to what you can see from your side of the ship. But the verandahs tend to be narrower, unless you get one of the 5E verandahs on deck 5 that are extended out (but the extension isn't covered from the sun or from viewing by other passengers) or one of the concierge verandahs on decks 11 or 12, especially in the bumpout on the left side of the ship.

As to whether the aft verandahs being more covered in is good or bad, many see that as a plus in that it should block the elements, making your verandah more usable when it's too sunny or raining. While there could be foot traffic above the Deck 10 verandahs, it doesn't appear that it should be quite as noisy as on the Magic/Wonder. We sailed in room 8100 on our very first cruise on the Magic, and we always had people staring over the railing at our verandah, and had lots of trash that blew down from Topsiders. Plus everytime they washed the Topsiders deck, our verandah got soaked, and woe be to you if you happened to walk outside at that moment!

We found we don't really use the verandahs enough to pay a lot extra for them (after having them on our first 3 cruises), so I start at the bottom price wise and work my way up until I find a room that I like for as little as I can get away with paying. We did end up with a verandah on the 14nt WBTA cruise in September, and I did spend a few moments out there reading my kindle. Though we only have oceanview rooms booked at the moment for our upcoming cruises, we've considered the Cat 6 verandahs, and would sail in one if we got it for a great price.

Hee, hee - Quoting myself!

Halls of VA you seem so to know so much about this. Do you have any an opinion for someone who would like to spend some time lounging on their own veranda reading a book and chilling out?

We overlapped while I was writing my novella above!

More time using verandah = more importance of having a nice verandah, generally. Bigger verandahs will give you more room to lounge. Side facing verandahs will give you perhaps a better view. Any deck is likely to be a good deck, as long as you're comfortable with what's below you (if on Deck 5 or 6) or above you (if on Deck 10). I think the GMA show in November said Deck 10 is roughly as high up as the Statue of Liberty, so the view's probably pretty good from the lower passenger decks as well.

Does anyone know anything about room 7108 on the Dream? Just wondering if this is a good room....category 4c.

Does anyone know anything about room 7108 on the Dream? Just wondering if this is a good room....category 4c.

It looks great! Seems like it'll be pretty convenient to the midship elevators, which are pretty central to most things on the Dream. It is a connecting room, but that's about the only thing I can say about it. If you look back at the labeled pictures in Post 1, it's in essentially the same position as room 7606, just on the other side of the ship!

Agreed that the room you picked is likely to be quieter than the room on the other side of the ship, since you are over the restrooms.

Not having been on the ship, I honestly don't know how the traffic patterns, etc. will be. But coming from my perspective having young kids who go to bed early, I would still personally probably avoid those rooms, since you know how noisy a bar bathroom can get, especially late at night! But given the choice between 5656 and 5156, I'll take 5656!

I'm sure we're all making our picks and hoping for the best outcome on this new ship! Think I'll give myself a dose of pixie dust to help! pixiedust:

Hmm. There is not much left on the 5/19 Fantasy. Does 5166 seem horrible to you all? It does seem to be above nightclubs. One of the other options is 5516, but that seems to have the 2 smaller portholes and I'd rather have the 1 large. I do like the convenience of being near the kids clubs (having stayed deck 5 on the Wonder). Wished I booked right away :headache:

Hmm. There is not much left on the 5/19 Fantasy. Does 5166 seem horrible to you all? It does seem to be above nightclubs. One of the other options is 5516, but that seems to have the 2 smaller portholes and I'd rather have the 1 large. I do like the convenience of being near the kids clubs (having stayed deck 5 on the Wonder). Wished I booked right away :headache:

One clarification - 5516 does not have two smaller portholes. It has one large porthole, just like all other Cat 8 rooms (though some have two large portholes!) It is also a non-connecting room, but is located over the Walt Disney Theatre balcony. That shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan to go to bed before the late show is over, then you could possibly hear some of the show below (but what's more soothing than Disney songs?) It is also on the hallway to the teen club, which is great if you have a teen, may not be so positive if you don't.

You can see 5516 labeled on the picture below. just above and to the right of the "Disney DREAM" name.
414aa1a2-1.jpg

On 5166, it looks like it's partially above the skyline lounge and partially (I think) above the hallway. I don't know enough to know what is likely to be in the skyline lounge at night, or how late it would be open. You may want to check out what is planned for that lounge if it matters. It is also a connecting room if that matters to you.

We're going to be in 9664 and I'm guessing it's that room with the cleaning thing above it and the wall :sad1:?
What else can you tell me about it?

Yes. I can't do anything about the obstruction, other than encourage you to complain to DCL about it, in hopes that they end up downgrading it as they did on the Magic & Wonder. If you have a choice, you might consider moving rooms. If not, you're still getting a less obstructed verandah than they promised you (since it's billed as a solid wall verandah), and it's one of the rare non-connecting rooms, so enjoy your cruise!

As to the cleaning trolley, I believe the platform that is extended down over your verandah in the picture retracts up, and shouldn't bother you when it's in its storage position.

I'm sure we're all making our picks and hoping for the best outcome on this new ship! Think I'll give myself a dose of pixie dust to help! pixiedust:

And either way, you'll be on a beautiful new cruise ship, in the Bahamas or Caribbean, rather than outside of Chicago, which is probably pretty cold and snowy right now!

Thank you!! I see it's just next to the 8As with the 2 large portholes. Those look nice.

One clarification - 5516 does not have two smaller portholes. It has one large porthole, just like all other Cat 8 rooms (though some have two large portholes!) It is also a non-connecting room, but is located over the Walt Disney Theatre balcony. That shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan to go to bed before the late show is over, then you could possibly hear some of the show below (but what's more soothing than Disney songs?) It is also on the hallway to the teen club, which is great if you have a teen, may not be so positive if you don't.

You can see 5516 labeled on the picture below. just above and to the right of the "Disney DREAM" name.
414aa1a2-1.jpg

On 5166, it looks like it's partially above the skyline lounge and partially (I think) above the hallway. I don't know enough to know what is likely to be in the skyline lounge at night, or how late it would be open. You may want to check out what is planned for that lounge if it matters. It is also a connecting room if that matters to you.

HallsofVA, or anyone who can help, what do you know about room 12514? It is a one bedroom suite. We are going in March. That is our room. Im concerned about what appears to be a big white ladder/moving bucket near our room and verandah?! Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter