Dream, September 14, 2015 Not showing up on DU

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
I wanted to get a price quote from DU for Dream, 4 night September 14, 2015 but that date is missing from their system.
Would you know why that date would be missing?
Thank you.

Just a guess but your DVC graphic may be a clue to a member cruise date.

Just a guess but your DVC graphic may be a clue to a member cruise date.

Thanks but what does that mean?
I see the date and talked to DVC to see how many points I need for the cruise on that date.

Then, I e-mailed DU and asked them to give me a quote for the same date if I were using cash and they gave me a quote.

Can you please explain further.

Then, I e-mailed DU and asked them to give me a quote for the same date if I were using cash and they gave me a quote.

How did they give you a quote if it's not in the system? The cruise shows up on DCL's site so it doesn't appear to be a charter of any kind.

How did they give you a quote if it's not in the system?

I do not know LOL
I e-mailed the Agent I booked my upcoming cruise with and asked her for a quote since I could not do it online since the date was not there.
I told her it is not on the website but she didn't answer that one for me.

It is for 4 nights from PC on Disney Dream on September 14, 2015.
Does anyone see it?

The 2015 DVC Member Cruises have already been announced:
5/25/2015 : 7-Night Alaska
8/24/2015 : 4-Night Bahamas

Thanks.
Too bad it's not for the sailing I am looking at since it will just be my mom and me, not my dh or older kids and that would be something we would have been so into and know my family would have cared less but oh well.

When was it that they said the Dream was going into dry dock fall 2015?

Good question? Would DU know that and not Disney LOL
Maybe LOL

I just checked and someone wrote October 4 - October 25, 2015.

Looking on their site, it looks like there is a time frame of about 2 weeks where they don't have the Dream available. They may be doing that based on the rumored drydock times to prevent people having to reschedule their cruises.

Looking on their site, it looks like there is a time frame of about 2 weeks where they don't have the Dream available. They may be doing that based on the rumored drydock times to prevent people having to reschedule their cruises.

Thanks.
I wonder what I should do since my dates are set in stone since I'll be piggy backing on a trip my mom is already taking with her friend and I'm meeting them at GFVs. I thought September 7 and September 21 were there and not September 14. I am going to ask DU again and see what they say, if anything.

I just sent them an e-mail and I'll report back.

The TA said she sent an e-mail to the administrator that oversees the site.
She said if the Dream was going into drydock on that date or during that date, it would not show up on DCL site. I hope this is correct.

Thanks but what does that mean?
I see the date and talked to DVC to see how many points I need for the cruise on that date.

I'm a little confused...is there a typo in your post here? You indicated that you DID get a quote from DU. So, I'm not understanding your question...?

I'm a little confused...is there a typo in your post here? You indicated that you DID get a quote from DU. So, I'm not understanding your question...?

Yes, I got a quote from the TA I am currently using for my December cruise.
I e-mailed her directly and did not get the quote directly from the DU site since the date does not appear there.

I knew the date existed since I went on to the DVC website yesterday to print out the point chart for the Dream cruise since I wanted to see how many points it would be for me to go on September 14, 2015. I wanted to compare cash vs. point and weigh the option of renting points. So the DU Agent was able to give me a quote and she said she sent the administrator who oversees the site an e-mail informing them the date is not listed and asking why.

DCL site does show the date.

I hope that helps and no, you are not confused LOL

My question is why is the September 14, 2015 Dream cruise not showing up on DU website even though a particular agent gave me
a quote and it is showing up on DCL site?

It's not a rumor. DCL has already issued a notice when they cancelled cruises to reschedule the dry dock on 8/6/14.

It's not a rumor. DCL has already issued a notice when they cancelled cruises to reschedule the dry dock on 8/6/14.

Thank you. Is you date suppose to say 2015? I haven't been following the Disney Dram since I was full into planning my August 2014 NCL Breakaway sailing in Haven cruise.

My question is do you all think I should be concerned even though DCL shows this date but DU does not? My dates are not flexible and I hate to book and then have my date canceled and then not be able to use my points at the 7 month mark for something I could have gotten if I knew it would not be a sailing date. I would hope and guess if DCL canceled my sailing I would get my points back to use for booking DVC since it was their cancelation.

Thanks all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter