• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream sailing May 15-19: Comments (incl concierge)

Bingo14

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

This is my first post but I’ve been lurking since I booked my first Disney cruise six months ago. My friend and I took our cruise from May 15-19 and decided to live it up -- staying in one of the beautiful 1 bedroom concierge suites (12014) on the Disney Dream.

Having gotten so much wonderful information from everyone, I thought I would share a few things that either I missed, seemed different, or might be worth adding. (Sorry if anything is a repeat.)

1. Parking garage – I had read that you pay in advance, but we got an entry ticket and paid on the way out.

2. We were very happy to discover that the kids club had an Open House until 6 p.m. on the first day. We are kid-free so we didn’t think we’d have a chance to see Andy’s Room et al. It was really amazing!

3. I read quite a few negative comments about Julia (from the concierge staff) prior to our cruise. We found her to be warm, helpful, and friendly with us and everyone else. On the second day, I was standing by the railing, people-watching, and Julia stopped to ask how things were going, did I need anything, etc. If she had walked on by I would never have known but she didn’t. I thought it was nice. The entire concierge staff - Julia, Alice and Rodrigo - was professional and definitely took care of us.

4. To chime in on the oh-so-dangerous dress code issue: For embarkation, I had chosen to wear jean shorts and a collared, cotton shirt. I asked Julia (and later another crew member) if what I was wearing was ok for dinner. She said “Definitely! That’s the great thing about Disney!” And then she caught herself and added the caveat about needing to dress nicer for Remy and Palo.

5. We had wondered, since it was just the two of us, if we’d be sharing a dining table with another party. I had read comments that it seemed as though concierge were seated alone and that’s what happened for us. We had a four-top table to ourselves.

6. In the one bedroom suite there are drawers under the bed instead of space for luggage. But there is plenty of closet space to store luggage in.

7. If I wasn’t outside, I was freezing. They air condition the you-know-what out of that ship. If you are cold in restaurants, the grocery store, anywhere -- you will be cold here. If you plan to be inside, bring a sweater.

I’m happy to try to answer any questions if I can.

Thanks for all the pre-cruise help and information. It was great and made our first-time smooth as silk!

You are sooooo right about the air conditioned. I was so mad I didn't pack myself a sweat shirtf for bed. First night of that cruise I froze after getting of the duck. Got into bed and finally warmed up. (Oh, and not in that sense :lmao:)

If you have the navigators available to scan please do. I haven't been able to find any recent ones.

The only Navigator I have is from the first day. We didn't keep the rest. Are you interested in that one?

Can you tell me a little about the meal presentations throughout the day in the concierge lounge? Most interested in the evening, such as can I get a cocktail there at 8:30? A cordial after dinner?

If you have the navigators available to scan please do. I haven't been able to find any recent ones.

Just got off the Dream 3-night cruise today.

We'll be in Florida for another day or two, but when I get home, I'm going to scan and post the navigators for the whole cruise.

Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter