Dream or Magic

2MouseEars said:
We are taking our first cruise in Feb '14. Trying to decide between Magic and Dream. It will save us enough money to go with the Magic and get to go to WDW for 2 days. We just don't want to be disappointed if this ship doesn't have as much to offer. It's just my husband and I. Anyone know if staterooms are being redesigned like the dream? Especially the magic porthole?

Hmm. We don't have any kids either. I think the updated Magic would prob entertain my honey enough as long as it has water slides and movie theaters. I think he wouldn't have liked it as much as Dream prior to updates tho. He loved movies on demand and mid ship detectives. He always needs to be doing something.

But in comparing your savings to each other, are you paying less because you are going out of Miami or do they both go out of PC? I think by then they both may be going out of PC? Because I wouldn't give up WDW. If that is the determining factor and you get Disneyworld and newer Magic, that will prob honestly be a really great trip anyway. Just not crazy bout going out of Miami but not ruling it out either. My hun really liked the dream tho but we only got 3 days! I think he would be happy as long as we had castaway and prob a veranda...

Had to move a 4 day on the Dream this October due to a conflict and moved it to a 4 day in Jan on the Magic. No brainer! Only have been on the Magic and loved it. Not a crowd person and was not looking forward to the larger ship. The new refurb this Fall made it a win-win. Will try the Dream or Fantasy one day, but not now. :yay:

Caryn

I just wish the Magic was doing a different cruise than the 3 + 4 day Bahama cruises... The wife is demanding a longer cruise this year (7 day), and I don't fancy the idea of B2B... But this thread is really selling me on the magic. I probably most like the idea of diminished crowds on CC.

I would say if it is your first cruise then switch to the Magic. You will be saving money and the Magic is amazing. It was my first ship and I love it , plus it will be newly updated. I had to decide the same thing because we booked the Dream for Mar 2014 and the Magic is about 700 cheaper. We decided to keep the Dream because we are already booked on the Magic Nov 13 and we have never been on the bigger ships so we really want to try them, otherwise I totally would of switched to the cheaper cruise!

Hmm. We don't have any kids either. I think the updated Magic would prob entertain my honey enough as long as it has water slides and movie theaters. I think he wouldn't have liked it as much as Dream prior to updates tho. He loved movies on demand and mid ship detectives. He always needs to be doing something.

But in comparing your savings to each other, are you paying less because you are going out of Miami or do they both go out of PC? I think by then they both may be going out of PC? Because I wouldn't give up WDW. If that is the determining factor and you get Disneyworld and newer Magic, that will prob honestly be a really great trip anyway. Just not crazy bout going out of Miami but not ruling it out either. My hun really liked the dream tho but we only got 3 days! I think he would be happy as long as we had castaway and prob a veranda...

Thanks for your reply. We are going out of PC. Bummer on the portholes, but the roomier staterooms would be nice. Another question... Is the pirate party/show the same on both ships? Does Jack Sparrow make an appearance on both I should say?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter