Dream of Lava Cake back in the real world?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NCardella, Apr 30, 2006.

1. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

I do!! I found this lava cake mix that is sooooo good, it brought us all back on board if just for a little while! I found it at Le Gourmet Chef which is at several outlet malls, but I have also seen this brand at other stores such at Bealls. (This brand also makes a creme brulee mix...that's awesome, too!)

Try it! It was simple to make and while I couldn't duplicate the great chocolate sauce that DCL covers it with, I did sprinkle some powdered sugar on top which was nice.
    Enjoy!!
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

:) I have been enjoying the BC single desert...chocolate cake with chocolate sauce. Top it with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and it is close enough...and so easy. :)

4. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You are making my mouth water.....luckily I'll be back on the Magic in less than two weeks and I can get my Lava Cake fix then!!! :thumbsup2

5. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

VM...We'll be thinking of you enjoying the real thing onboard...have a great time!

6. Spotdude

Spotdude DIS Veteran

thanks I haven't eaten breakfast yet and now I want cake ;)

7. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

LB...what's the bc dessert?

8. lbgraves

It's the Betty Crocker warm delights Molten Chocolate Cake. :) Individual serving that you just add 1/4 cup water to, mix it up, squeeze out the chocolate sauce and pop in the microwave for 1 min 15 sec. :)

9. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

yummmm...I'll try!

10. tomspixie

tomspixie <font color=teal>Our friends got us hooked on the

Do you get Market Day where you are??? Do any of the schools in your area get it?? If so, they have a Volcano Cake that you toss in the microwave. My kids BEG for it!!! You can check for them at www.marketday.com. You can see if there are any schools in your area registered! I hope it was okay to put that in on Dis. I don't reap any reward from it, and it is in the hopes of fulfilling others chocolate memories!!!

Pixie Dust all.... :tink:

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Cap'n Jack's restaurant at WDW has a lava cake on the menu. I can't wait till we get there to try it.

And yes, we chose the restaurant because of the lobster and lava cake.

12. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

Cap'n Jacks? Where in WDW?

13. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

No fair Andy........... have an extra one (or two) for me!!!

King Arthur Flour makes a mix that's pretty close to what they serve on the ship. Here's the link..... the picture makes my mouth water!!

http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/landing.jsp?go=detailDefault&id=3635

14. CourtneyMc

CourtneyMc Mouseketeer

which restaurant/night is the Lava cake? i want to make sure i dont' miss it! I missed the choc. souffle at Palo last time b/c i wasn't on this board yet so I know not to miss that!

by the way, if anyone has a Chart House near them, they make a lava cake that is amazing!

thanks,
    Courtney

15. NCardella

NCardella Mouseketeer

If I remember correctly we had it on the last night of the 7day. (Friday night).

16. lbgraves

The lava cake was served on semiformal night with the lobster. That is all I ordered. :) Two lobsters & the lava cake with vanilla ice cream. :)

17. Verandah Man

Verandah Man I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & DIS Lifetime Sponsor

LOL!!! I think I can handle that request with NO PROBLEM!!! :lmao:

18. tinkerbellmagic

tinkerbellmagic don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Well as soon as I saw the title "lava cake" I had to check it out. ;) Yep, the lobster and lava cake meal was my absolute favorite dinner on our two seven day cruises. It was also the only time everyone at our table ordered the same thing for dessert. Yummy! :thumbsup2 And yep, if you close your eyes, those Market Day lava cakes always bring us back to the Magic. :)