Dream of Lava Cake back in the real world?

NCardella

DIS Veteran
I do!! I found this lava cake mix that is sooooo good, it brought us all back on board if just for a little while! I found it at Le Gourmet Chef which is at several outlet malls, but I have also seen this brand at other stores such at Bealls. (This brand also makes a creme brulee mix...that's awesome, too!)

Try it! It was simple to make and while I couldn't duplicate the great chocolate sauce that DCL covers it with, I did sprinkle some powdered sugar on top which was nice.
Enjoy!!
lava.jpg

:) I have been enjoying the BC single desert...chocolate cake with chocolate sauce. Top it with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and it is close enough...and so easy. :)

You are making my mouth water.....luckily I'll be back on the Magic in less than two weeks and I can get my Lava Cake fix then!!! :thumbsup2

VM...We'll be thinking of you enjoying the real thing onboard...have a great time!

It's the Betty Crocker warm delights Molten Chocolate Cake. :) Individual serving that you just add 1/4 cup water to, mix it up, squeeze out the chocolate sauce and pop in the microwave for 1 min 15 sec. :)

Do you get Market Day where you are??? Do any of the schools in your area get it?? If so, they have a Volcano Cake that you toss in the microwave. My kids BEG for it!!! You can check for them at www.marketday.com. You can see if there are any schools in your area registered! I hope it was okay to put that in on Dis. I don't reap any reward from it, and it is in the hopes of fulfilling others chocolate memories!!!

Pixie Dust all.... :tink:

Cap'n Jack's restaurant at WDW has a lava cake on the menu. I can't wait till we get there to try it.

And yes, we chose the restaurant because of the lobster and lava cake.

which restaurant/night is the Lava cake? i want to make sure i dont' miss it! I missed the choc. souffle at Palo last time b/c i wasn't on this board yet so I know not to miss that!

by the way, if anyone has a Chart House near them, they make a lava cake that is amazing!

thanks,
Courtney

The lava cake was served on semiformal night with the lobster. That is all I ordered. :) Two lobsters & the lava cake with vanilla ice cream. :)

outahere said:
No fair Andy........... have an extra one (or two) for me!!!

LOL!!! I think I can handle that request with NO PROBLEM!!! :lmao:

lbgraves said:
The lava cake was served on semiformal night with the lobster. That is all I ordered. :) Two lobsters & the lava cake with vanilla ice cream. :)

Well as soon as I saw the title "lava cake" I had to check it out. ;) Yep, the lobster and lava cake meal was my absolute favorite dinner on our two seven day cruises. It was also the only time everyone at our table ordered the same thing for dessert. Yummy! :thumbsup2 And yep, if you close your eyes, those Market Day lava cakes always bring us back to the Magic. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter