DREAM OCTOBER 14, 2012 4 Night Bahamas~If You Can DREAM it...

Welcome bookworm and tattoo! You'll love the Dream, it's spectacular! These next 79 days will fly by :goodvibes

Ok so it's only been months and months since I checked in on this thread. Anyone want to sum up for me? LOL
About how much $ do ppl plan on spending for the FE gifts? My DH is a tightwad and I know he will freak if I spend very much $$, but handmaking isn't really an option. I just don't have the time to do it.
For those that have cruised before, how should we pack? We're planning to stay an extra couple days at WDW after the cruise and go to MNSSHP on the 18th. We're planning on packing costumes, both for pirate night and for MNSSHP. So I think that will have to be it's own extra suitcase, lol.
Any other good tips floating around lately?

Ok so it's only been months and months since I checked in on this thread. Anyone want to sum up for me? LOL
About how much $ do ppl plan on spending for the FE gifts? My DH is a tightwad and I know he will freak if I spend very much $$, but handmaking isn't really an option. I just don't have the time to do it.
For those that have cruised before, how should we pack? We're planning to stay an extra couple days at WDW after the cruise and go to MNSSHP on the 18th. We're planning on packing costumes, both for pirate night and for MNSSHP. So I think that will have to be it's own extra suitcase, lol.
Any other good tips floating around lately?

I can't really say how much $ my FE gifts will cost over all since they will all be different handmade gifts made of the same materials. Coincidentally these materials can run a little on the expensive side but I have most of the supplies on hand already! :yay:

It's getting close! I can't stand the waiting!

Any advice for lunch after boarding? What things to do before our room is ready? We have the 11-11:30 boarding time and I want to take advantage of seeing as much as I can to get the lay of the land!

If I check DS (4) in at port, what do I have to do to get him into the kids club once on board?

Anyone else dressing up for Pirate night? We have our costumes from Halloween last year, and are planning to bring those for the full pirate effect. But tell me we won't be the only family in costume...

How do the character meets go? Same as at wdw? Get in line, take picture, etc? Also, any tips for getting a Vinylmation signed? You take it to guest services, is that right?

lisakramer said:
It's getting close! I can't stand the waiting!

Any advice for lunch after boarding? What things to do before our room is ready? We have the 11-11:30 boarding time and I want to take advantage of seeing as much as I can to get the lay of the land!

If I check DS (4) in at port, what do I have to do to get him into the kids club once on board?

Anyone else dressing up for Pirate night? We have our costumes from Halloween last year, and are planning to bring those for the full pirate effect. But tell me we won't be the only family in costume...

How do the character meets go? Same as at wdw? Get in line, take picture, etc? Also, any tips for getting a Vinylmation signed? You take it to guest services, is that right?

We always board early as well. We like to go to EG for lunch. Many prefer going to cabanas and securing a pool side chair.

We then tour all the areas and get pics of the areas while not in use. I can't recall what time the kids clubs opened but it wasn't immediately. Seems like near dinner hours? I'm sure someone here knows.

We all dress for pirate night and the character greetings are listed in the navagators each day I think. I remember having a list of times and places. Same kind of thing, line and picture and autographs.

We like to eat at Cabana's, so many good choices. Then we lounge around the pool for a while and let Dd swim. IF you are traveling with kids who want to swim put their suits on under their clothes. Last year we waited 40 minutes to change in a bathroom, it never occurred to me that there would be a long wait.

It has been forever since I have been on here. Nice to see more people have come on board..... I have gotten the puzzle I made in the mail, and have to come up with an opportunity to have my kids put it together so I can finally surprise them. The problem is, we are all so busy, nobody is ever together at the same time. I think I may take them out to eat and tell them the waitress said if they could get the puzzle put together we get a free dessert....but not sure, maybe I will think of something better, and it just hasn't come to me yet. Needless to say, my kids are still in the dark at this point.

We still are planning to participate in FE.

Does anyone know where i can get the paint sample mickey heads? I wanted to make a cruise countdown for the kids with those, but the home depots and menards by my house don't have them. Maybe they got sick of DISERS hoarding them from the stores.

Hello all!

Put me and my husband down as officially joining the cruise and FE too :cool1:

This will be our first time on the Dream, so we are really excited. We have sailed on the Wonder a couple times. This will also be our first year wedding anniversary, making the time extra special. We plan to spend some time at Disney World sometime before or after the cruise. We are also looking into going to Atlantis while we are Nassau. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for Atlantis, that would be appreciated.

Now it's time to dust off my FE, spruce it up, and start making gifts ;)

I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing our excitement together leading up to the cruise.

Jeanette

It has been forever since I have been on here. Nice to see more people have come on board..... I have gotten the puzzle I made in the mail, and have to come up with an opportunity to have my kids put it together so I can finally surprise them. The problem is, we are all so busy, nobody is ever together at the same time. I think I may take them out to eat and tell them the waitress said if they could get the puzzle put together we get a free dessert....but not sure, maybe I will think of something better, and it just hasn't come to me yet. Needless to say, my kids are still in the dark at this point.

We still are planning to participate in FE.

Does anyone know where i can get the paint sample mickey heads? I wanted to make a cruise countdown for the kids with those, but the home depots and menards by my house don't have them. Maybe they got sick of DISERS hoarding them from the stores.

Perhaps you could check to see if ebay or etsy have them. Or they might even have something similar. Perhaps you can cut out the shapes and paint them with your children as a fun pre-cruise acitivity? (As the cruise gets closer, other wise that's a lot of Mickey's!)

Hello all!

Put me and my husband down as officially joining the cruise and FE too :cool1:

This will be our first time on the Dream, so we are really excited. We have sailed on the Wonder a couple times. This will also be our first year wedding anniversary, making the time extra special. We plan to spend some time at Disney World sometime before or after the cruise. We are also looking into going to Atlantis while we are Nassau. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for Atlantis, that would be appreciated.

Now it's time to dust off my FE, spruce it up, and start making gifts ;)

I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing our excitement together leading up to the cruise.

Jeanette

I have you all signed up and ready to go Jeanette! Welcome by the way!!!! :cool1:

I need help deciding about our dining!

We have main seating reserved, but the more I hear about 2nd seating...I'm wondering if that would be better?? I have 2 girls ages 2 & 5.

Does any of the experienced cruisers have any advice or thoughts on this?

Only 69 days!!!! Yay!!!!!

Rcmmom said:
I need help deciding about our dining!

We have main seating reserved, but the more I hear about 2nd seating...I'm wondering if that would be better?? I have 2 girls ages 2 & 5.

Does any of the experienced cruisers have any advice or thoughts on this?

Only 69 days!!!! Yay!!!!!

I believe most parents with children your ages would opt for first dining. Its more of a normal schedule and the little girls enjoy dressing like princesses and going into the dining rooms. The theatre may end with two very sound asleep girls but most of the time by day 2 every theatre show doubles as a long overdue nap time due to interrupted sleep.

Hi everyone!!!

Just working on my FE gifts... I'm personilzing the gifts for all the kids participating, but I'm missing a few of the names. Could I please get the names (or at least the favorite Disney character) of the kids in the following parties???

Butterx3 Mom(42), DS(17), DD(12), DS(9)

Coolio13 (47), DH(48), DD(14), DD(11)

Rcmmom (35), DH(34), DD(6), DD(3)

Budbeerlady (35), DH(35), DD(12)

Thanks a million!!!!!

62 more days!!!! : )

Scott

Hi everyone!!!

Just working on my FE gifts... I'm personilzing the gifts for all the kids participating, but I'm missing a few of the names. Could I please get the names (or at least the favorite Disney character) of the kids in the following parties???

Butterx3 Mom(42), DS(17), DD(12), DS(9)

Coolio13 (47), DH(48), DD(14), DD(11)

Rcmmom (35), DH(34), DD(6), DD(3)

Thanks a million!!!!!

Scott

Rcmmom
Stephanie(35)
DH - Shaun(34),
DD - Reagan (6, favorite character is sleeping beauty)
DD - Madison (3, favorite character is repunzel)

Wanted to update our info for everyone. It looks like my info got mixed up somehow...
Our party is:
Lisa (33) Fav character Tinkerbell
Eric (32) Fav character Eeyore or capt Jack
Tyler (4) Fav character Buzz or Lightning
Room 5044

I forget, are we doing a meet?
And we are planning to do FE

Wanted to update our info for everyone. It looks like my info got mixed up somehow...
Our party is:
Lisa (33) Fav character Tinkerbell
Eric (32) Fav character Eeyore or capt Jack
Tyler (4) Fav character Buzz or Lightning
Room 5044

I forget, are we doing a meet?
And we are planning to do FE

Hey Lisa! I updated your info, sorry for the mishap!

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the general Dis Meet on board but I'm sure we'll find out.

Hi everyone!!!

Just working on my FE gifts... I'm personalizing the gifts for all the kids participating, but I'm missing a few of the names. Could I please get the names (or at least the favorite Disney character) of the kids in the following parties???

Thanks a million!!!!!

Scott

We are Josh, Jennifer and Dd is Hailey. Thanks! :)

Tara (40) Emily (20) Genavieve (8) Elizabeth (2) Room 8515, late dining rotation, FE yes, Disney cruise # 1. Never done cruise before decided to try the best first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter