• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dream Maiden Voyage

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
I should have booked this long ago, but wasn't sure we wanted to go. While on the Magic, I priced it and all that is left is Cat 5 and higher. I want to go in a Cat 10 or 11. I know the deposit is non-refundable. Do you think there is any chance of one opening up? I keep checking every day, but no change. What would you suggest? I can't justify the price for the Cat 5 since we are taking whole family in June 2011 on the Dream.

Thanks!!

There is always a chance of something opening up--people get sick at the last minute, etc. The non-refundable deposit means that people won't cancel (or book) lightly. There is also the possibility that some who are currently booked in 10s or 11s will upgrade--by choice or by pixie dust. If you want an 11, tell DCL or your TA and keep asking about it. Unless the SHIP is completely full, there's always a chance.

All that said...on the maiden voyage the ship will probably fill.

I should have booked this long ago, but wasn't sure we wanted to go. While on the Magic, I priced it and all that is left is Cat 5 and higher. I want to go in a Cat 10 or 11. I know the deposit is non-refundable. Do you think there is any chance of one opening up? I keep checking every day, but no change. What would you suggest? I can't justify the price for the Cat 5 since we are taking whole family in June 2011 on the Dream.

Thanks!!

A lot of repeat DCL cruisers booked this cruise, they were able to do so a week in advance of non DCL cruisers. These people have cruised before and know what they want. A lot want to be first.

Then there is the non refundable deposit, so again it tells the story these people are happy to commit to go.

Shorter cruises ie 3/4 always sell from lower Cats to higher Cats, inside rooms selling out first. Cruises 7 days and more the opposite, happens the outside rooms sell out first, and from higher to lower.

So anything opening up? Well I wouldn't like to say never, but its very unlikely, those going want to go, its just unforseen circumstances that you claim on trip insurance that will cause people to cancel and DCL even factors that in on GTY Guarantee rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter