• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream June 1, 2014

Indeed, Party City has a lot of Pirate 'stuff'. A helpful hint: if you can wait to purchase it around Halloween, it'll more than likely be on sale and they have great coupons, too! Also, waiting 'til after Halloween, you might be able to pay close to nothing. We did this years past, and this way you have more $$ to spend on your vacation! pirate:

Our DS just confirmed that he has booked this cruise. He was able to get the cabin right next to us! :thumbsup2 It will be him, his DG (which should really be his wife, by now... anyway) and their 2 children. DD 6 and DS who will be 22 mos at time of sailing. We are so excited to have them on board. We can hardly wait to make and share many happy memories with them and you.

I will check if they would like to partake in the FE.

Rizzo1 said:
Our DS just confirmed that he has booked this cruise. He was able to get the cabin right next to us! :thumbsup2 It will be him, his DG (which should really be his wife, by now... anyway) and their 2 children. DD 6 and DS who will be 22 mos at time of sailing. We are so excited to have them on board. We can hardly wait to make and share many happy memories with them and you.

I will check if they would like to partake in the FE.

How exciting....

Anyone care to share what Deck you are on (without going into specifics as to Stateroom number) ?????

We are on 9

11 months from today :dance3:

Both our son and we will be on deck 10, AFT (way AFT). This will be our first time there. We have stayed in different rooms every time, but we have never stayed AFT. This will be something new.

Has anyone stayed there before? If so, what are your thoughts/opinions?

Indeed, Party City has a lot of Pirate 'stuff'. A helpful hint: if you can wait to purchase it around Halloween, it'll more than likely be on sale and they have great coupons, too! Also, waiting 'til after Halloween, you might be able to pay close to nothing. We did this years past, and this way you have more $$ to spend on your vacation! pirate:

Great tip! Thanks!!

Our two rooms are on the 8th deck. We have other family with us too (about 4 other staterooms) on that deck as well!

Both our son and we will be on deck 10, AFT (way AFT). This will be our first time there. We have stayed in different rooms every time, but we have never stayed AFT. This will be something new.

Has anyone stayed there before? If so, what are your thoughts/opinions?

We are WAY AFT also ..... for our first cruise I was very careful to get a particular room which I thought would be the best for motion sickness (turned out I got motion sick anyway) !!! This time I just let DU pick it out. I have looked at threads on the topic and it seems there is some noise/vibration when docking or leaving. Some people it bothers, some people it doesn't, so I just plan on bringing my bonine and earplugs and have at it (the rest of my family are pretty heavy sleepers and none of them had motion sickness last time). From what I remember we will be so dead dog tired it won't matter anyway! :yay:

Yeah, I 've read that as well, about the vibrations, etc. Since our cabin is under Cabanas, we may hear that noise more than any other. I hope it's not that bad. Although, other writers have said they didn't hear or feel anything. (I hope we're in that group). I believe you're right, that we will be so tired - we'll probably be oblivious to it.

Well then, lauraDar, we will have to wave (down) to you. Make sure you're looking up! :wave2:

Yeah, I 've read that as well, about the vibrations, etc. Since our cabin is under Cabanas, we may hear that noise more than any other. I hope it's not that bad. Although, other writers have said they didn't hear or feel anything. (I hope we're in that group). I believe you're right, that we will be so tired - we'll probably be oblivious to it.

Well then, lauraDar, we will have to wave (down) to you. Make sure you're looking up! :wave2:

We will!!!! :wave2:

Hello! :wave2: I'm a newbie to disboards. We just booked our Dream cruise yesterday and I'm so excited!! This is our first cruise ever, so I'll be looking for lots of advice here. We've been to the WDW parks a few times but never a cruise.

It will be just me, DH, and our daughter, who will be turning 10 while we're cruising!

I'll be sending in a FB request for the group, too.

Hello! :wave2: I'm a newbie to disboards. We just booked our Dream cruise yesterday and I'm so excited!! This is our first cruise ever, so I'll be looking for lots of advice here. We've been to the WDW parks a few times but never a cruise.

It will be just me, DH, and our daughter, who will be turning 10 while we're cruising!

I'll be sending in a FB request for the group, too.

Welcome !!!

Karen, welcome!!! :wave: I know that you will enjoy the cruise. It will be fantabulos!!! (Yeah, my made up word...)
Please consider taking part in our Fish Extender.
Let us know if we can answer any questions.

Not really. I do have our list of people on my phone so that if something just jumps out at me I will be prepared with ages/gender but our cruise is so blasted far away still that I expect the list will grow as we get closer to June 1 !!!!! :sad2:

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself as it looks like my family is joining you on this cruise! I requested to join the facebook group as well. I may have some questions at some point for all of you experienced cruisers! It will be my, my DH and our DS who will turn 3 about 2 months prior! We originally booked an Alaskan cruise with DCL for next May, but realized on our vacation this year (a road trip to TN & SC) that he wakes up before sunrise when he's not in his own bed. So we started freaking out about the time difference in Alaska, not to mention the unpredictability of flying for the first time for 5+ hours and first cruise for 9 nights with a 3 year old! We would have been so disappointed to cancel so we decided this shorter cruise, in our own time zone, was the perfect solution! We could even drive if the thought of flying with DS3 is too stressful! As much as I want to go to Alaska I really feel a weight lifted off my shoulders when I think of this new cruise! I have only been on one carnival cruise when I was a teenager and this will be the first cruise for DH & DS. We are also thinking that while we're in FL we might as well go to WDW too so we're hoping to do that for a day or two before the cruise. I went to MK & Epcot when I was 6, and back to Epcot at 19 so I have a lot of catching up to do on all the changes since then! This will be the first time for DH &DS! I always thought we'd do WDW when DS was a little older, but I'd hate to miss the opportunity while we're in the neighborhood!

At this point I'm leaning towards not doing the FE (one less stress for my now stress-free vacation!) but what is the deadline to sign up? I'm thinking DS won't even notice, or we might just give him his own little FE gifts if we think he would care, but as it gets closer maybe I'll change my mind.

Welcome all the new people! I think our cruise is far enough away that the FE is not set yet (maybe I have missed something though??). We are going an another cruise in December and that will be our
4th cruise, but the 1st time doing the FE, so not sure what I am doing yet!
We are also thinking of doing a WDW trip before this June cruise, as extended family may be going at the same time.
-Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter