Dream July 24, 2017 4 Day Cruise

amanda_p

Earning My Ears
First time cruiser and I didn't see a thread started for our cruise. Hope there are as many excited cruisers ready to meet!

Reactions: Kx4
I had a hard time finding a FE group for this cruise as well! I'm also a first time cruiser, and wasn't too thrilled about organizing it! I was finally able to find one on FB group through "Fish Extender Disney Cruise Line" group. We have 7 in our FE, so far (limiting it to 10 per group).

Hi! My family will be cruising with you. :) Kx4 - I think we are in the same group on FB. This will be my family's 3rd Disney cruise, but 1st on the Dream. We have cruised on the Fantasy twice - once Eastern Caribbean and once Western. We wanted to do a shorter cruise this year since we will be spending some time in Florida first. Traveling will be myself, DH, DS (10), DS (8) and my MIL. It will be a change to have all 5 of us in once cabin, but my boys will spend so much time in the kids' club that I don't think it will make too much of a difference. :) We are definitely excited!!!

Yes, we are in the same group! We have 2 boys also (@ time of travel 10 & 6--almost 7 :)) I am super excited. We are spending some time in the parks before and after the cruise (cramming as much in 10 days as possible :)) Are you all planning on any excursions in Nassau? We are debating about what to do. We look forward to exchanging FE gifts with you!

Maybe our boys will find each other in the kids' club. :) We are spending a few days at Universal before the cruise. We have done Disney the last 3 years and have never been to Universal, so we are going to the dark side. I love Disney, so this is a difficult switch for me!

I still need to read through the excursion choices. We will probably do something, even if it is a day pass at Atlantis. Although, it is really nice to be on an empty ship! What are you considering for an excursion?

I started thinking about my fish extender gifts right after we signed up for the cruise. We have always driven to Florida, so I have been able to get whatever I want. We are finally flying this year, so I have to be conscious of space. It makes it a lot harder!! I usually sign up for 2 groups since there are only 10 cabins, but I don't know if I will have the space for that many gifts this time around. I'll have to get creative with my packing!!

Maybe our boys will find each other in the kids' club. :) We are spending a few days at Universal before the cruise. We have done Disney the last 3 years and have never been to Universal, so we are going to the dark side. I love Disney, so this is a difficult switch for me!

I still need to read through the excursion choices. We will probably do something, even if it is a day pass at Atlantis. Although, it is really nice to be on an empty ship! What are you considering for an excursion?

I started thinking about my fish extender gifts right after we signed up for the cruise. We have always driven to Florida, so I have been able to get whatever I want. We are finally flying this year, so I have to be conscious of space. It makes it a lot harder!! I usually sign up for 2 groups since there are only 10 cabins, but I don't know if I will have the space for that many gifts this time around. I'll have to get creative with my packing!!

Yes, I think our boys will love the kid's club. It sounds great. I did Universal for a special event one evening of a conference--6 or so years ago. It was great! My husband vetoed Atlantis due to cost (and the fact that we are doing Disney water parks after the cruise). He gets motion sickness, so smaller boat excursions are out for us. So, I'm trying to decide between a beach day pass somewhere (Atlantis, Hilton) or another short (cheaper) excursion (like the chocolate factory tour, Ardastra Gardens or the Forts & Junkanoo) VS just staying on the ship. I just can't seem to make up my mind! :) I have been working on fish extender gifts (of course probably going over board). This is our first time, so I hope to give useful and well-received gifts! We are flying too, so I have to be cognizant of luggage constraints too!

I get horrible motion sickness, too. I always get a patch from my doctor before a cruise and that works well. I hate ports where we have to tender because sitting in the tender always makes me sick. The chocolate factory sounds neat - especially if there is a tasting. :) We love staying on the ship when it is empty. It is nice to have the pool to yourself and no line at the Aquaduck! We usually skip one port to enjoy the ship, but I don't know if we will this time since it is a shorter cruise.

I think that people appreciate just about anything that they get in their fish extenders. I have always done handmade gifts in the past, but this year I bought stuff. I like to do a cabin gift and something small for each of the kids, so my cabin gifts re done. I will probably use one carry on just for gifts.

Where are you staying at Disney?

I get horrible motion sickness, too. I always get a patch from my doctor before a cruise and that works well. I hate ports where we have to tender because sitting in the tender always makes me sick. The chocolate factory sounds neat - especially if there is a tasting. :) We love staying on the ship when it is empty. It is nice to have the pool to yourself and no line at the Aquaduck! We usually skip one port to enjoy the ship, but I don't know if we will this time since it is a shorter cruise.

I think that people appreciate just about anything that they get in their fish extenders. I have always done handmade gifts in the past, but this year I bought stuff. I like to do a cabin gift and something small for each of the kids, so my cabin gifts re done. I will probably use one carry on just for gifts.

Where are you staying at Disney?

Yes, I had my husband try the scopalamine patch over his Christmas break (he is a teacher & coach). Some folks have a lot of side effects with them. He did great though. So, the patch is definitely in his plans! The chocolate tour does have a tasting (you actually make chocolate and then can eat it or take it back to the ship :))

I'm hoping to get my FE gifts in one suitcase. I may need to mail a package to port (or the hotel) also--we will see how well I pack :) We are staying at Old Key West prior to the cruise and Art of Animation after the cruise. We are hitting the parks before and then just plan to take it a little easier at water parks the weekend after. Are you all staying on property (or no, since you are doing Universal)?

Yes, I had my husband try the scopalamine patch over his Christmas break (he is a teacher & coach). Some folks have a lot of side effects with them. He did great though. So, the patch is definitely in his plans! The chocolate tour does have a tasting (you actually make chocolate and then can eat it or take it back to the ship :))

I'm hoping to get my FE gifts in one suitcase. I may need to mail a package to port (or the hotel) also--we will see how well I pack :) We are staying at Old Key West prior to the cruise and Art of Animation after the cruise. We are hitting the parks before and then just plan to take it a little easier at water parks the weekend after. Are you all staying on property (or no, since you are doing Universal)?

I recommend having your husband change his patch in the evening. Whenever I put a new patch on, it makes me really sleepy and a little out of it. Those are the only side effects I have ever had. They serve ginger ale in the main dining room, too, if that helps him.

We love Art of Animation. It is such a neat resort! We have stayed there 3 times. Which area are you staying in?

We stayed at the Beach Club on our list trip, which I think is our new favorite. My boys love Epcot and it was great to be able to walk there. The pool is amazing, too. We are staying at a Universal resort before the cruise. I'm hoping I am just as wowed by it as I am by Disney. I'm also hoping it isn't too hot because I won't be able to do much at the parks. Because of my vertigo, I won't be able to ride much of anything at Universal. At Disney, there are a lot of rides I can still go on that don't bother me because they are milder. I am excited to see the Harry Potter areas, though!

This will be our second Disney cruise. We are doing 4 days in the park then the cruise. We chose this one because of the double dip to Castaway Cay our favorite part about the Disney cruise.

I wear the scopamine patch which is a RX from the DR and change mine every 3 days. I start wearing mine the day of as soon as I wake up. I have not had any issues of it ever coming off.

Joining in!!
This will be our second time on the Dream. We are doing a week in the Parks with my parents and brothers family and then heading out on our own for the cruise.
DD and DS have no idea that the cruise in the works. The last time we went to Disney it was a surprise as well.
I can't wait!

I recommend having your husband change his patch in the evening. Whenever I put a new patch on, it makes me really sleepy and a little out of it. Those are the only side effects I have ever had. They serve ginger ale in the main dining room, too, if that helps him.

We love Art of Animation. It is such a neat resort! We have stayed there 3 times. Which area are you staying in?

We stayed at the Beach Club on our list trip, which I think is our new favorite. My boys love Epcot and it was great to be able to walk there. The pool is amazing, too. We are staying at a Universal resort before the cruise. I'm hoping I am just as wowed by it as I am by Disney. I'm also hoping it isn't too hot because I won't be able to do much at the parks. Because of my vertigo, I won't be able to ride much of anything at Universal. At Disney, there are a lot of rides I can still go on that don't bother me because they are milder. I am excited to see the Harry Potter areas, though!

We are staying in a Cars suite. I would like to try the Beach Club. I hear good things about it!

Joining in!!
This will be our second time on the Dream. We are doing a week in the Parks with my parents and brothers family and then heading out on our own for the cruise.
DD and DS have no idea that the cruise in the works. The last time we went to Disney it was a surprise as well.
I can't wait!

Welcome!! Where are you staying at Disney? I'm so sad that we are skipping the Disney parks this time around. My boys are excited about Universal, though. What were your favorite things about the Dream the last time you cruised?

We are staying in a Cars suite. I would like to try the Beach Club. I hear good things about it!

We stayed in a Cars suite the first time we visited AoA. That is the neatest area of the hotel! The other two times we stayed in the Lion King section. We loved the Beach Club, but definitely missed the family suite. Now that my boys are getting older we don't spend very much time in the room, but it was nice not having to share beds. That's why I love the set-up of the cruise ship cabins. The boys get the bunk beds, DH and I have a bed, and we'll have the Murphy bed for my mil. It can't get here soon enough!

Welcome!! Where are you staying at Disney? I'm so sad that we are skipping the Disney parks this time around. My boys are excited about Universal, though. What were your favorite things about the Dream the last time you cruised?
We are staying at the Polynesian this time and we plan on one day at Universal.
Hard to pinpoint what my favorite things were. The BAD things are there is so much to do and see, the four days are not enough time. In the past, we just stayed onboard when in Nassau, but this time I know my kids will want to leave the ship..... that is if we can drag them from the Kids club.
We LOVED Remys and will do that again.... I'd like to do the Palo brunch if possible......
It's just the Magic and Wonder but BIGGER!

First time cruiser here. Would love to get more info on the fish extenders. Do we get assigned a family or is by room levels.

First time cruiser here. Would love to get more info on the fish extenders. Do we get assigned a family or is by room levels.

There is usually a sign-up sheet that is filled as people sign up. Most lists are limited to 10 cabins, although the first one I participated in had 20. Once the first list is full, a second list is started and it continues until there is no more interest. The cabins are usually scattered throughout the ship, so you get your exercise delivering gifts!!

I usually do a cabin gift that would be appropriate for the family, as well as something small for each of the kids in the cabin. Others do just a nice cabin gift or individual gifts for every person in the cabin. It is really a matter of personal preference depending on packing space and cost. I have done both handmade and store bought gifts - again a matter of preference.

I participate in the Fish Extenders because my boys get super excited every time they return to the cabin and see something waiting for them. We have appreciated everything that we have received, from the personalized gifts to the dollar store items. It is a great way to add even more fun to an awesome vacation. :)

Thank you for replying. I just found July 24 cruise on a Facebook. So excited

Unfortunately, we have to postpone our cruise and won't be able to sail this year. I hope that everyone has a wonderful time! Disney cruises are truly magical! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter