Dream July 19, 2011 - 5 Night Bahamas!

noahsmom and jottmom what cabins are you in? your cabins are not listed on the fe doc.

Hi Everyone
I just discovered your thread and wanted to introduce myself and family. We're very excited out the upcoming cruise but have a long trip ahead of us first. Myself, DH, DS 9 & DS 6 are from New Zealand but live in Indonesia and we wanted a very special holiday this summer. I was so excited when I found out about the Disney Dream from a friend who is joining one also this summer.

I have heaps of questions for all you experienced cruisers!

My DS has a severe peanut allergy but I can't seem to see anywhere to register this prior. Presuming a register it onboard? Any experience with this sort of thing.

Re pirate night do we need to bring costumes? Is there a formal night as on the packing list seems no need to bring formal clothes? (I love dressing up:love:)

I look forward to maybe meeting you all. We leave this Friday to start our 30 hr trip which I'm not looking forward to with the kids, but hopefully the Disney Dream will make it all worth while.

noahsmom and jottmom what cabins are you in? your cabins are not listed on the fe doc.

Are you looking at the list linked to the facebook page? Our cabin number are listed on that one. We are in 5024 and jottmom is in 2538.

Single digits!!!! Woot Woot!!! I think stabbing myself in the eye with needles would be less torture!! Waterboarding has NOTHING on this!!

Kiwi- Welcome to our cruise group!! I can't imagine a 30 hour journey, but then I realized our drive is about 24 hrs. It can be a challenge to keep a 13 yr old occupied for a long drive.

As for the peanut allergy, there is a medical form that can be filled out. It's found on the page where all the online documents are completed. However, it states that DCL needs to receive it 14 days prior to the sail date. You may want to send them an email or call them. If you log onto the disney cruise site there's contact information listed under "contact us" at the bottom of the page. If that doesn't work make sure you talk to the head waiter as soon as you can. They will take care of everything.

Pirate night - you can bring costumes or not. We have in the past but won't be this time. I know my niece is bringing costumes for her boys.

Formal night - I'm not sure about that. My guess is that there's semi-formal night but not a formal night because it's a 5 night cruise. I would also guess the semi-formal would be the 3rd night (day at sea). The 4th night is Pirate night. Even when there's a formal night not everyone is formal. If you would like to get dressed up go for it! Consider a reservation at Palo, it's nice to get all dressed up for that special dining experience.

Safe travels to you - hope we get a chance to meet on the ship!

Hi Everyone
I just discovered your thread and wanted to introduce myself and family. We're very excited out the upcoming cruise but have a long trip ahead of us first. Myself, DH, DS 9 & DS 6 are from New Zealand but live in Indonesia and we wanted a very special holiday this summer. I was so excited when I found out about the Disney Dream from a friend who is joining one also this summer.

My DS has a severe peanut allergy but I can't seem to see anywhere to register this prior. Presuming a register it onboard? Any experience with this sort of thing.

Re pirate night do we need to bring costumes? Is there a formal night as on the packing list seems no need to bring formal clothes? (I love dressing up:love:)

I look forward to maybe meeting you all. We leave this Friday to start our 30 hr trip which I'm not looking forward to with the kids, but hopefully the Disney Dream will make it all worth while.

Welcome aboard! Are you staying at WDW for a few days before the cruise?

noahsmom mentioned the medical form online. I would call DCL ASAP and try to get the info into the right hands. They handle these types of food requests all the time so it's just a matter of alerting them and finding out what they do. If you post the question on the main DCL forum I'm sure someone there has had the same situation and can inform you.

There is no formal night on this cruise. I think they are calling it "dress up night" or something. But feel free to dress up as much as you want. :) You may also want some nicer clothes in case you eat at Palo or Remy.

You and your boys will have a great time! Our younger DS is 10 so they may doing some activities together.

Tony

Kiwi- welcome! My son also has a severe peanut allergy. This is our 4th cruise with Disney and they are great with everything! (although it slipped my mind to fill out the form this time-need to call) It really is to inform them ahead of time-but once they know- they check everytime and make suggestions on what he can and can't have. Disney really is the best about allergies. When we stay at DisneyWorld, the chef will come to the table every time to check on what he is ordering. We can't even place an order before he comes out. Wow! I think your family might be coming the furthest! Have a safe trip!

I was in contact with DCL and asked about the nights on the cruise.
Day 2 is Formal Night (Castaway Cay) and Day 3 is Pirate Night (at sea). Not sure about the other nights. Hope this helps. :) Looking forward to a fabulous cruise!!!

Thanks for all your replies. I'll call the cruise line as soon as I get the time difference right and let them know about DS allergy. Great to hear from Eeyore18 that they are good at dealing with allergies. Puts my mind a rest.

Good to know about the formal and pirate nights. I'll make sure I pack something a bit dressy, but DH wouldn't be able to stop me anyway.

We're staying at Animal Kingdom prior and Hardrock after. I'm sure we'll be theme parked out by the time our holiday finishes.

I look forward to running into you all on the cruise!:yay:

Hi Everyone

New to this and first time post, and since information has been very helpful wanted to help out as this will be our family's 5th DCL, 1st on Dream.

Peanut Allergy - DS (14) has this as well. Make sure to tell Head Waiter first night at dinner about allergy. Also just ask at the buffets and quick meals. Have actually had chef come out and ensure us they have us covered on past cruises.

Pirate Night - you can bring costumes but at dinner in the past they provide pirate banadanas and you can get small things like eye patch at the gift stores. Easier than packing extra stuff.

kiwikids - safe travels
Based on previous DCL "dress up nights" you can let DH know a jacket is not required as most wear cruise casual on those nights. Our family is also staying at AK, Kidani, for some fun at the parks b4 heading to the cruise so we may be on the same bus to caneveral if you are doing the cruise transfers.

Family is the McCabes, me, Judi (DW), Kelly (DD), Sean (DS), Amelia (DH best friend). With this being our 5th cruise & DVC members we splurged a bit and went concierge level so if anyone else went this route let us know.

Happy sailing to all

We leave in the morning - before the sun is up! DH wants to be pulling out of the driveway at 4:00 :scared1:
Tomorrow night we will be in Atlanta which should get us to WDW early afternoon. We will be at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village with Jottmom (my niece).

Safe travels everyone!!!!

We leave in the morning - before the sun is up! DH wants to be pulling out of the driveway at 4:00 :scared1:
Tomorrow night we will be in Atlanta which should get us to WDW early afternoon. We will be at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village with Jottmom (my niece).

You too! And we say :banana: to staying at Kidani Village.

Wishing you safe travels! Is there a dis meet planned for this cruise?

I did a search and didn't find any other thread with this sailing date. If you will be sailing on Disney Dream on 7/19/2011 (5 days), please post here! Thanks!

Just wondering, we will be in state room 86xx. Is there a LCD TV in these rooms? Should we bring a portable DVD player if we want to watch some non-English speaking DVD movies? Many thanks!

I did a search and didn't find any other thread with this sailing date. If you will be sailing on Disney Dream on 7/19/2011 (5 days), please post here! Thanks!

Just wondering, we will be in state room 86xx. Is there a LCD TV in these rooms? Should we bring a portable DVD player if we want to watch some non-English speaking DVD movies? Many thanks!

I merged the thread you started with the existing meets thread for your cruise. I found the link to the thread by looking at the 'Find Your Meets Thread Dream 2011' at the top of the meets board.

Have a great cruise.

And thank you so much to those who have been coordinating this board, the FB page, and the FE list. This has all really added to our family's pre-cruise excitement! :cheer2:

I'm looking for Karly's mom, I'm Scott and Joe's mom, Heidi Morgan and we would like to send a letter to her. Can we get an address? I don't know what your user name is for the disboards. We had a fabulous time, Scott is keeping track of the Dream, its embarkment and disembarkment dates so he knows when other lucky families are getting on and off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter