Dream Job at WDW

I guess realistically my dream job is anything that let's me regularly visit and not have to pay to get in.

I keep thinking something in IT but too stressful! OR something that would let me do Math, but it might be a bit depressing looking at all the big data I'd inevitably be using!

So, I've had this dream job/goal for awhile now.

I want to take over when Steven Miller retires. He's the merchandise communications manager aka "merchandise guru" for Disney. You'll often see him write or vlog about what's new in the parks. He also attends special events with Disney Parks Blog. I'd love it!

Also, I would enjoy working at the Grand Floridian in some capacity. It would be neat if there was a female greeter there like Richard. I could see myself flaunting a big hat, fancy dress, and parasol. Ahhh...:cloud9:

I would like to work in the Disney call center. It sounds odd, but I want a job where I get all the perks of being employed by Disney but I'm NOT actually working in the parks or resorts.

But, I admit that it would also be pretty fun to do a short stint as a Jungle Cruise skipper.

So, I've had this dream job/goal for awhile now.

I want to take over when Steven Miller retires. He's the merchandise communications manager aka "merchandise guru" for Disney. You'll often see him write or vlog about what's new in the parks. He also attends special events with Disney Parks Blog. I'd love it!
I love his Unboxed videos, I could see how that would be a LOT of fun! Great way to think outside of the box.

I'm sure this has been done, I am just too lazy to hunt for it.

Try to be realistic. I'd love to be Gaston but that's not in the cards, and I would enjoy being a bartender at Rose and Crown (and the tips that come with it) but I'm not British and can't even fake the accent.

Be as specific as possible, and list some reasons. Don't forget WDW offers more positions than just rides at the four parks. Let's think outside the box.

I would pick attractions at Living with the Land. Seems easy enough and they are in air conditioning all day. They have lightweight uniforms (khaki shorts a polo shirt) and the biggest concern is people keeping their hands in the boat.

My backup would be bus driver. Same basic criteria for me here, AC, sitting down, and I could make small talk with guests if I wanted to break the monotony. The downside here is I would have to be more safety oriented and there is always the chance of 60 Brazilians screaming chants for 20 minutes.

Dream job would be Ariel in VotLM (where the CM sings live). I've always wanted to be the voice of a Disney character, and being Ariel would just be amazing :) (I am a singer, so this isn't totally pie in the sky :))

Second dream job would be singing with the Voices of Liberty.

I'm loving the variety of jobs in this thread!
So true, I would love for the team to do a show on this. We see all the front line CM's, but I am sure us geeks want to hear about the other roles. @safetymom told me really interesting stories bout her children over the mega meet. I am sure there are hurdles but it could be a cool series.

I am pretty lucky in the Job I have now in film Visual Effects but if I could get my Disney dream job then I would work in Imagineering for the themepark design unit.

My first instinct was to say Jungle Cruise skipper - I am the queen of puns! But I think the heat and repetition would get old. Ditto the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. I think I'd love to spend a week doing each, but after that it would get old.

I wish I had the talent to design costumes - that seems like fun. Being an event planner at Disney sounds like fun, too. I am too old and not thin enough to be most characters, but I'd love to be a character actress... it'd be neat to see the kids' eyes light up, and to have a little fun with the guests, though I know that job is not all we often imagine it to be.

Maybe I'd just work the ride at Mission Space or Star Tours. I love space, so I'd love to be immersed in those themes all day.

I'd need to create a behind-the-scenes job inside the Haunted Mansion. Not a ride operator or greeter, but something like maintaining the graveyard or rearranging the attic. Or shelving books in the library, or arranging the flowers in the conservatory. Just generally puttering around inside the ride, invisibly, pretending to be useful. Oh, and I'll require accommodations inside the building. I'm sure there's room somewhere for a modest bedroom and bath.

Realistically speaking, I don't think I'd want to work in a real job at WDW due to the potential for catastrophic destruction of the magic.

I love being interactive, so for me it would be being 'friends' with a character. With my body shape, though, my goal is to be the Fairy Godmother when I retire! Or Mickey or Minnie - I am the right height!

Otherwise, being a tour guide in any of the four parks.

My dream job when I retire from teaching would be to be a monorail driver. I met a retired principal from Kentucky on our last trip - he was a driver for DVC. He was so encouraging and seemed so genuine. He told us that he had been wanting to do the very job he was doing even before retiring. He said that he felt lucky that he landed the job and that he loves it more than what he thought he would.

My dream job would have been working the Spectromagic parade (performer), but since that won't happen any more :sad: I guess I would continue with what I am doing now in my current job. I work for Dept of Transportation and I am in the section that creates the road signs, so I would love to help create the signs that are all around property and making sure all signs were up to standard for guests to get around without issue.

I would love to work for Disney. Any job would be rewarding and awesome. I would love to work at Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. It will happen one day :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter