• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream January 11, 2016

Alliecat8426

Earning My Ears
We just booked our first Disney Cruise and I am SO excited! It will be a nice way to finish our vacation after running the Dopey at the Walt Disney World Marathon. I'm looking forward to meeting others running the Castaway Cay 5k and participating in the Fish Extender Exchange! I know we are a long time out but its wonderful to think about while there are 6 inches of snow on the ground outside.

My super supportive boyfriend is taking the trip with me and is my biggest cheerleader on race days. Here is our FE information below:

Stateroom 8078
Allison - 31 - favorite Disney Property characters: Ariel, Belle, Genie and Baloo
Josh - 32 - favorite Disney Property character: Adam Warlock

Last edited:
We just booked our first Disney Cruise and I am SO excited! It will be a nice way to finish our vacation after running the Dopey at the Walt Disney World Marathon. I'm looking forward to meeting others running the Castaway Cay 5k and participating in the Fish Extender Exchange! I know we are a long time out but its wonderful to think about while there are 6 inches of snow on the ground outside.

My super supportive boyfriend is taking the trip with me and is my biggest cheerleader on race days. Here is our FE information below:

Allison - 31 - favorite Disney Property characters: Ariel, Belle, and Baloo
Josh - 32 - favorite Disney Property character: Adam Warlock

Taking my son's family on this cruise. My Grandsons are 2 and 5. Interested in joining small(15-25) FE group. I'm a cruiser but this will be first time on the Disney Line. So any hints will be greatly appreciated

Hi Allison,
We just booked our cruise...and the Castaway Cay challenge! Looking forward to running and doing the FE as well! We are hoping to get our 5 year old son in the 5k too(waiting to hear back from RunDisney since the 5k at MK was full he's only signed up for the Magic Mickey Mile...sigh).
What race(s) are you doing? We are doing Goofy. Dopey was sold out (and I totally brain sapped on signing up early through DVC or AP). Blame it on just moving out of country ten weeks ago.

There has been a Facebook group also started for this cruise... just search for: Disney Dream Cruise January 11, 2016.

Thus will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 4th cruise total. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Hi Allison,
We just booked our cruise...and the Castaway Cay challenge! Looking forward to running and doing the FE as well! We are hoping to get our 5 year old son in the 5k too(waiting to hear back from RunDisney since the 5k at MK was full he's only signed up for the Magic Mickey Mile...sigh).
What race(s) are you doing? We are doing Goofy. Dopey was sold out (and I totally brain sapped on signing up early through DVC or AP). Blame it on just moving out of country ten weeks ago.

I broke my foot 5 weeks ago so my Dopey dreams have been dashed. I did get cleared to run the marathon and the Castaway Cay 5k by my doctor though so I'm happy to get back to training after just a couple more weeks of healing. I'm most happy by the fact that all of this happened before I had to register for the races. Even if you can't get your son into the 5k at Disney World, at least he'll be able to do the 5k on Castaway Cay. I've read that you can sign him up on board. I hope that your Goofy training goes well and that RunDisney comes through on the 5k!

How do I get involved? I read all about the fish extender exchange and it sounds fun
We just booked our cruise! Excited for our first Disney cruise. Also, I am doing the half marathon and my hubby is doing the full.
Thanks!

How do I get involved? I read all about the fish extender exchange and it sounds fun
We just booked our cruise! Excited for our first Disney cruise. Also, I am doing the half marathon and my hubby is doing the full.
Thanks!
I haven't checked out the Facebook page yet, but usually someone will volunteer to organize everyone who wants to participate in the FE...either on this site or FB.

There has been a Facebook group also started for this cruise... just search for: Disney Dream Cruise January 11, 2016.

Thus will be our 3rd Disney cruise and our 4th cruise total. We look forward to meeting everyone.
Hi can't find the FB page. Only see one for 2015.

We are also delighted to be sailing on this cruise and doing the challenge. I'll be doing the full and the 10K and my partner the full and the 5K (with our daughter). Our son's too young for rD events except the dash and the Mickey Mile, but I'm hoping he can come on the CC5K in the stroller.

My wife and I would like to join the fish extender exchange. This will be our fourth Disney cruise and second Castaway Cay 5k, we are both running the Dopey, then making a beeline to the west coast to run the rebel challange after the cruise. We've never participated in the fish extender fun, but we are greatly looking forward to it.

Our state room is 5154, there will be three of us; me, my wife, and our son who will be 2! Looking forward to this!

Can't wait!! Though we are long-time WDW veterans, we've never cruised before and are really looking forward to it. Physical limitations get in the way of participating in any of the marathons, but my wife and I will be there to cheer the rest of you on before we board the Dream (leaving the kids @ home). We don't know our stateroom number yet, it will be assigned later. We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible! The F/E Exchange looks like fun, so count us in.

Last edited:
Is there a Facebook set up for this? I don't have Facebook (I know shocking) is there another way of joining a group?

Thanks!

Is there a Facebook set up for this? I don't have Facebook (I know shocking) is there another way of joining a group?

Thanks!

As far as I know, this is the only group set up so far. I did look for a group on FB but never found anything. Quick poll: if I set up a Facebook group, who would be more likely to use it than this forum?

Hi all! We'll be on this cruise too! There is actually a group already set up. It's pretty small though - I don't think many people have been able to find it yet. There are some pretty strict new rules about posting about other sites on here though, so I probably can't say too much more. It's there though! FE fun will be happening!

As far as I know, this is the only group set up so far. I did look for a group on FB but never found anything. Quick poll: if I set up a Facebook group, who would be more likely to use it than this forum?

Hi all! We'll be on this cruise too! There is actually a group already set up. It's pretty small though - I don't think many people have been able to find it yet. There are some pretty strict new rules about posting about other sites on here though, so I probably can't say too much more. It's there though! FE fun will be happening!

Does it involve becoming a member of a closed group called Disney Cruising? facebook-dot-com-slash-groups-slash-DisneyCruising? If so, I've requested membership.

Does it involve becoming a member of a closed group called Disney Cruising? facebook-dot-com-slash-groups-slash-DisneyCruising? If so, I've requested membership.

This particular one is not involved with any Disney Cruising group. Just try "Disney Dream Sailing January 11th 2016" and see if you get anything.

Last edited:
I can't find the Facebook, but my husband and I would love to join the fish extenders group :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter