Dream/Fantasy Adjusted Dining Times

Cheers2U

Earning My Ears
Just got off the phone with DCL - the dining times for Dream and Fantasy have been adjusted to: 5:45 early and 8:15 late with no show-times adjusted. This is in effect as of today. Not sure when it will be implemented on the Dream (forgot to ask - sorry). Do they really think there's enough time to see a 5 p.m. show and then make it to 5:45 dinner??? Hmmm... Just thought I'd pass this info along.

Lori

I think the Dream showtimes had already been adjusted back to 6:30 and 8:00 ... so when they say "no adjustments" they may mean it will not be adjusted from those new times, not the 5:00, 7:00, or 9:00 we were originally assigned.

I don't think I will plan too solidly on anything until I am onboard and see what they are doing for my sailing.

I thought people were saying they couldn't possibly have just 2 showtimes on the Dream because there wouldn't be enough seats for everyone.

I have a feeling this won't be the last time dinner and/or shows get adjusted.

I really liked the 5 o clock show so I hope it is back when I go on my next cruise (Jan)

I thought people were saying they couldn't possibly have just 2 showtimes on the Dream because there wouldn't be enough seats for everyone.

I take the same view as Fab5Family in that there won't be an further adjustment to the show times (we all know this can change again).

In the last 2 or 3 weeks it seems DCL went from the 3 evening shows to the 2 shows and added a matinee. I guess that accommodates the guests that want to see the shows. They were scanning KTTW cards since day 1 of the Dream so they know the numbers at each showing and must have felt that 2 evening shows and a matinee would be enough.

So, since the show times were changed, they could now implement the new dining times since they don't have to worry about a 5:00 pm show interferring with dinner. We always get late dinner and am very happy it is not 8:15 instead of 8:30.

And I agree that things can and probably will be tweaked again. That is why it is important to be flexible as much as possible because things you read here may be different once you get onboard.

MJ

Dream showtimes earlier this month were 6:15pm and 8:30pm with a couple of days having a 4pm matinee. Theater was never full at the 8:30pm show, though the ship was fully booked.

Generally if you have early dining, you go to late show. PLENTY of time to get from 5:45pm dinner to an 8:30pm show. Or from a 6:15pm show to 8:15pm dinner.

So.. quick question.. If I have an early dinner at 5:15.. Do I have to be in line at 5:15 outside the restaurant? What's the window before they tell me I can't eat at that restaurant anymore and I have to go to the Buffet?

So.. quick question.. If I have an early dinner at 5:15.. Do I have to be in line at 5:15 outside the restaurant? What's the window before they tell me I can't eat at that restaurant anymore and I have to go to the Buffet?

First...the early dinner time was just posted (see post #1) as 5:45, not 5:15.

Your table is assigned in the dining room....you NEVER have to wait in a line outside dining room (unless you want to). They will serve you at any time but it means you will be rushed in the restuarant. They have to get ready for the next seating at 8:15.

MJ

First...the early dinner time was just posted (see post #1) as 5:45, not 5:15.

Your table is assigned in the dining room....you NEVER have to wait in a line outside dining room (unless you want to). They will serve you at any time but it means you will be rushed in the restuarant. They have to get ready for the next seating at 8:15.

MJ

Yea, I saw 5:45 just thinking 5:15 and typed that instead :).

Thats great info.. no problem to be a little late maybe even around 6...

Awesome!

Does this change mean we'd have to skip the early pirate show (8:00-8:20pm) if we have late dining...is it acceptable to arrive to dinner 10 minutes late?

Yea, I saw 5:45 just thinking 5:15 and typed that instead :).

Thats great info.. no problem to be a little late maybe even around 6...

Awesome!
Just remember that if you have other table mates assigned to your table, your server may not start their service until the entire table has arrived.

The first cruise we took our server didn't even want to start taking orders until his entire section was seated. He didn't want one table on appetizers and the others getting ready for dinner. While I understand his point, I don't want to wait for people at other tables (our family was seated alone).
Being that we are always on time for meals this upset DH that we were made to wait for others. We said something nicely and the server did what we requested but you could tell he was annoyed. He also ended up serving the young family at the next table just because they were always on time too.
And yes, the server showed his annoyance to DH the entire cruise until one night when I had a long conversation after DH left the table. ;)

They built the theater bigger and added a whole balcony section, so there should be plenty of seats to accommodate just two seatings. It seemed like the third show time was causing more problems than solving :confused3

As for arriving 10-15 minutes late, I know from our past 8 cruises it causes a lot of problems in the dining room for both patrons and servers when there are tables of guests who are never on time. Once is understandable, but every night could really cause timing issues for the servers. We were seated with a family on our back-2-back cruises in 2007 (Med and TA) and they were late every single night sometimes 20-30 minutes! Our servers wanted to wait until they arrived to even take our drink orders. Well, by the time we were on the TA, we told the servers the first night that we did not want to wait for them anymore and wanted to order when we arrived as we were courteous enough to be on time. There was never a problem after that for the rest of the cruise.

I know on one of our past cruises they had shifted late dining to 8 or 8:15 and we loved it. Felt that that 15 minutes earlier made a lot of difference in getting us out of the dining rooms by 10 p.m. Hope they stick to that schedule!

I just got off the Dec 13th Dream cruise, which was full, I can tell you the 6:15 show was never full, plenty of seats left.

I got off the ship yesterday (Mar 17th). We had dinner at 6p and show at 8:30p. Two show times per night except for Believe - three showings with the first at 4pm. Nice option to account for early dinner seating to get back and pack for the 10:30 deadline for bags out. We still followed our regular routine and had to rush the pack but something I would consider next time.

Dec 13th, huh? Wasn't that even before she sailed across the atlantic? :)
I'm pretty sure they meant March 13th. I believe I saw a post saying they just got off the ship yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter