DREAM Electrical Outlet Question

Empress Room

Mouseketeer
My friend just got off the Dream. He claims that in his stateroom (verandah, Deck 6) all of the electrical outlets were "European" and not "American," so he could not recharge his camera, iPod, iPad or anything that would take a standard 110 volt outlet. I find this unbelievable given the country of residency of the majority of passengers. Can anyone confirm what the outlets look like? Did he happen to have a "European" cabin and not an "American" cabin?

The last thing I want to do is pack a travel converter for my electronic gear.

Thanks.

The outlets are both. They are hybrid outlets. You can use a european plug or an Edison plug. Only difference is voltage. But there are only two on the desk. One for shavers is in the bathroom. and there may or may not be one under the nightstand. pirate:

See this photo:
f9510a67-1adb-4230-ab2e-7da9291d6b9d_b.jpg

Does anyone know if the outlets on the Magic are also hybrids? Would be handy for me coming from Europe.

So if there are only two plugs, then would a 6-plug be a good thing to pack? I'm thinking that between hairdryer, (I need the high powered mega-wattage to tame my hair and usually hotel style blow dryers just don't even come close to cutting it!), straightening iron (ditto), and all the camera chargers, laptop chargers, and everything else electronic, two plugs won't be enough. Will (an American) 6-plug fit/work in those plugs? Sorry to be so dense, but I don't want to blow the circuits for our whole deck! :goodvibes

So if there are only two plugs, then would a 6-plug be a good thing to pack? I'm thinking that between hairdryer, (I need the high powered mega-wattage to tame my hair and usually hotel style blow dryers just don't even come close to cutting it!), straightening iron (ditto), and all the camera chargers, laptop chargers, and everything else electronic, two plugs won't be enough. Will (an American) 6-plug fit/work in those plugs? Sorry to be so dense, but I don't want to blow the circuits for our whole deck! :goodvibes

We thought we would need more plugs, but in reality, you don't really have all of those things plugged in at the same time.

Doesn't the Dream ship have connectors for iPod or something? So, wouldn't that take care of charging those kind of items. Just wondering what plugs I should bring with on our cruise.

Here are photos of the hairdryers on the Dream

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disney...374-deluxe-oceanview-with-verandah-5b17c.html

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disney...375-deluxe-oceanview-with-verandah-5b17d.html

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/disney...373-deluxe-oceanview-with-verandah-5b17b.html

Doesn't the Dream ship have connectors for iPod or something? So, wouldn't that take care of charging those kind of items. Just wondering what plugs I should bring with on our cruise.

What they have is an ipod dock on the alarm clock. So it can keep your ipod charged, or anything else that has that kind of connecting system.

BTW, did you realize this thread was from a year ago?

:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter