Dream dry dock

ACJT

DIS Veteran
I see there is a gap in the last week of Aug 2015 where there is no cruises on the dream. There is one departing on the 21st (3 day) and then not until the 28th for the next. Any info as to whats going on.

Standard and routine dry dock they require two in five years, Dream after a few years without one as Dream was new now requires one.

They extended the Dream's dry dock in October 2015 and the following cruises were cancelled:

10/16/2015
10/19/2015
10/23/2015

Dream also switches to Monday and Friday departures to accommodate Magic sailing on Sunday's..

I see there is a gap in the last week of Aug 2015 where there is no cruises on the dream. There is one departing on the 21st (3 day) and then not until the 28th for the next. Any info as to whats going on.

DVC Member Cruise

Do DVC members get a better rate?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Onboard last week I heard speculation that they will making the Dream exactly like the Fantasy during this time. Specifically adding "Satellite Falls" was mentioned by a cruiser. Was there an official announcement?

Onboard last week I heard speculation that they will making the Dream exactly like the Fantasy during this time. Specifically adding "Satellite Falls" was mentioned by a cruiser. Was there an official announcement?

While I don't know about the "exactly like the Fantasy" thing, I have read rumors that Satellite Falls is being added.

But there are many other differences between the two ships, that would require a lengthier dry dock than two weeks to change.

Our waiter at Palo on the Dream last week mentioned that they were going to address the sound issue with the basketball court being right on top of Palo. He also said that Disney learned a lot with the first year of the Dream and that they were able to make modifications to the Fantasy as it was being built. Now they can make similar modifications to the Dream.

I booked the Dream for the Labor day weekend next year, I hope they don't go over their allotted time.

The sound issue is being addressed??? Hallelujah!! Nothing worse than sitting in a fine dining restaurant (Remy or Palo) and listen to the darn basketballs! I complained several times - even suggested they close the court from 6-9 but nothing happened. I will be the first to send accolades for this one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter