• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Cruise - November 25, 2012

Do we need to pack beach towels, or can you take them off the ship? (for Nassau). I'm bringing one for Levi for sure, he has a fun hooded one I made.

Do we need to pack beach towels, or can you take them off the ship? (for Nassau). I'm bringing one for Levi for sure, he has a fun hooded one I made.

They provide towels as you get off the ship at Castaway Cay...they aren't beach towels though just the same towels you get at the pool...we always bring our own beach towels since we would actually like to wrap them around ourselves :blush:

Is anyone going Black Friday Shopping ? or are you too excited :hyper:to even think about Christmas ??? :santa:

castaway3 said:
Is anyone going Black Friday Shopping ? or are you too excited :hyper:to even think about Christmas ??? :santa:

If there's something good I want, I'll go out. I'm still waiting to see the ads. I'm so excited!!!!

Wow Leigh-Ann! She got to yours quick. Her design is so much cuter. LOL But she has been DISigning for a long time.

Working on our FEs all weekend - a little more time consuming that we thought - but I think it will still be worth it!! :) Are we supposed to include a note or anything with them?? Tell me again please, we can drop them at anytime during the cruise? I really hope they are liked as much as we like them!! I'm hoping we did them right & they travel well - I'm hoping they don't' get crushed during the plane ride! ;)

Getting super excited now, we watched the Port cam when the Dream left earlier. Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in FL and chillin' out. :cool1:

I love the pics of everything. I am a bit behind but working on magnets now. My DH pointed out that I did all this stuff with the older one. He was trying to be smart but he is right (don't tell him I said so :laughing:). It's all good though the younger one is helping me make them. :thumbsup2

Just trying to make it through this and then I will really worry about Christmas :santa:. Since we will be in Disney, I am not planning to go to the black friday :crowded: sales but there is always online shopping ;). The ads look pretty tempting though so we will see.

I worked on my FE's this weekend too! I'm almost done! As for Black Friday, that is going to be our Thanksgiving dinner day with my family. So I doubt I will be doing any shopping. I normally at least go to JcPenney.

PryncessLace said:
I worked on my FE's this weekend too! I'm almost done! As for Black Friday, that is going to be our Thanksgiving dinner day with my family. So I doubt I will be doing any shopping. I normally at least go to JcPenney.

Just got some more fabric to work on FE gifts. I've spent more time shopping than creating! :)
Sounds like fun with the family. Hope you get to the deals you're after.

maximouse said:
How are "dressed" up do you get for dinner???

It's cruise casual for 2 nights, so jeans and a nice shirt. Nothing too fancy.
Pirate night for a night, we have worn jeans and pirate t-shirts, but I think we're going with pirate costumes this year.
Semi-formal night, cocktail dress, suit for the DH and DS. (Same for Palo) or khakis and polo
you don't have to get that dressed up. You can wear jeans every night if you want to, they won't turn you away in the dining rooms. There will be a variety of dress. Lots of people use this opportunity to take pictures...

Documents came today!!! I really need to get moving on packing our stuff for this trip since we leave next Tuesday.

Dress will be about the same for us. The guys are only dressing up in suits and a dress for me on formal night so we can get pictures for our Christmas Card. Other than that it will be khakis or jeans.

I will be wearing long sundresses on cruise casual nights, costume for Pirate Night, and a cocktail dress for dress up night. Aurora has special outfits made, although I'm not sure what she will wear for Dress Up Night. Maybe I should go ahead and get her Christmas Dress, hhmm. Hubby will be in a suit for dress up night.

maximouse said:
Working on our FEs all weekend - a little more time consuming that we thought - but I think it will still be worth it!! :) Are we supposed to include a note or anything with them?? Tell me again please, we can drop them at anytime during the cruise? I really hope they are liked as much as we like them!! I'm hoping we did them right & they travel well - I'm hoping they don't' get crushed during the plane ride! ;)

Yes, they can be delivered at any time. It is also your choice if you would like to put gift tags on them or not. :-)

How are "dressed" up do you get for dinner???

Question
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
Dress code at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Dress code at Remy on all cruises:

A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes. :wave2:

Do you HAVE to do the whole muster thing? I saw on here someplace that someone uses that time to unpack. What happens if you just skip it?

It was a huge pain in the butt on our last cruise, and seemed like a waste of time.

Thanks. I was hoping not to have to pack to much & get to dressed up since we have our lil' guy this time!!

I think Mustard drills are required?? Once a few years ago (not Disney) ours lasted forever b/c they kept calling passengers & waiting for everyone! Ugh. I'm not sure how it is now??

Do you HAVE to do the whole muster thing? I saw on here someplace that someone uses that time to unpack. What happens if you just skip it?

It was a huge pain in the butt on our last cruise, and seemed like a waste of time.

Hello everyone I will be on the November 25,2012 cruise with my Mother (Stewy), Father, And Brother. The drill is required and as of what i heard they do take full rolecall electronically, but like everything else you could take your chances and skip it.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter