• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Cruise April 28-May1 TR

Kdisney

Earning My Ears
It has taken me a while to get around to this but I have finally made the time.

My cruising party was myself, my DH, my DS (3), and my parents. We arrived the night of April 27 flying from Dulles. We rented a car because we wanted more flexibility. If we did it again, I don't know that we would have- we barely used it.

We stayed the first night at OKW but barely had a chance to enjoy it. It was
95(!) on the 27th which was completely miserable. We ate at Olivias- it was ok nothing special which was no surprise and the next morning I was so excited to get on the ship, we left much earlier than we had planned.

We planned to get something to eat on our drive to the ship- except there was really no where to stop and being from out of town, we didn't know where to stop, what to do. We had hoped there was some food at the port- no luck! They have restrooms and water fountains. Pack some snacks if you have little ones!

The process was pretty smooth- lines seemed long but moved quickly. We were in #23. I think we waited about 30 minutes. We got on and were totally starving and went right to Cabanas.

Cabanas was great, I thought, for a buffet. The food was always fresh and I had some really yummy meals there. That first day I had mashed potatoes, some delish chicken with salsa- the chicken was slow cooked and smoky. I also had a decent salad. My DS had some mac and cheese and chick fingers and was in heaven. Very good cookies for dessert.

The first night we ate at Enchanted Garden- one thing to note, we did not book our res. with my parents, they decided to come with us several months later so we were not assigned to the same table - although we were assigned to the same seating. It was no problem to get us seated together although they did change our rotation schedule- no big deal.

Edward and Mila were our servers. They were superb. EC was my hubby's favorite and my least favorite venue although my favorite food. I had the sea bass- yum! Lobster ravioli also very good- not in a sauce but a broth which the rest of my table did not like but I loved. Also the carrot/apple soup is divine. I thought EC itself was a little cheesy but everyone else seemed to love it. The servers outfits are really cute.

The next day we did not venture into Nassau. I have been there, as have my parents and we are not big shoppers, not into that and we really wanted to enjoy the ship. Plus it was HOT! We introduced my son to the kids club and he LOVED it. He was able to eat lunch there. We had so much time without him we did not know what to do with ourselves. We went to the adult pool, hot tub and sat on the lounge looking out at Nassau and just relaxin until a huge RCI ship came and blocked our view:(

That night we ate at RP. The food was yummy although we had stuffed ourselves between the night before and that day so DH and I both had the salad with grilled chicken- very good.

Next day was Castaway Cay. We did the glassbottom boat tour and it was very nice and beautiful BUT it was kind of a waste of time. It was hot, there was no easy access to bathroom (obviously) and it was a little too educational for my 3 year old. We did not have enough time then to enjoy CC and there is so much to do there. Again, it was really hot so we ate and then got right in the water to cool off. We had a coupon for a free floatie so we got that and got in the water. My son liked digging in the sand. The sand there is very coarse and not what we are used to- not so great but my son did not care. Food on CC is pretty decent but not the main attraction.

That night we ate at AP. That was my favorite, the show was so cute and I thought the food was great. I had a shrimp cheesecake appetizer which was quite weird and not that tasty- stay away- but the wasabi steak was heavenly. Desserts were excellent- as they were every night.

Late that night we went to the farewell party where all the characters come into the lobby- it was late, after 10 which is late for my DS but he loved it. Got pics with everyone- Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie, Chip &Dale. We have pics with lots of characters in different outfits. The access to them is really great. We also caught a bit of Wall-e on the pool deck- really fun place to watch a movie (not crowded at all) but my son was a little young to sit through it.

I also tried out the spa- I booked a mini facial and massage. It was just great, I wish I had done it the first day bc it totally put me in the cruise mood. I thought was somewhat reasonable- $149 for a 50 min massage and 25 min facial.

We caught part of Villians which I'm sure was amazing but scared my son and he is not easily scared- we had to leave. All the shows are broadcast into the room on the TV and that's what we did the 2nd night. That show was not scary but I cannot remember it's name.

One thing to note, the 'formal' night was not formal AT ALL. I did not see one person in any sort of formal anything. I wore a sundress but it looked like a regular night to me.

There is soooo much to do on the DREAM, it is hard to get to it all on a 3 night. If this is your first cruise, stay on the ship as much as possible to get maximum benefit. It is beautiful, the service is amazing and I can't wait to go back!

We were on deck 2 which was nice and quiet and a great location to be near the action on 3 and 4.

We caught part of Villians which I'm sure was amazing but scared my son and he is not easily scared- we had to leave. All the shows are broadcast into the room on the TV and that's what we did the 2nd night. That show was not scary but I cannot remember it's name.

Thanks for the TV tip! I've been trying to confirm whether the shows are shown or not on the Dream for a few weeks now as we've still not seen Villians (it was on the TA last year and we missed it) but don't think I can convince other half to specifically go to the show so can watch it in the room!

Thanks for all the great informaiton. I am glad that you had a great time. We have a party of 12 so we have requested dining together. I hope we have the same luck as your group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter