Dream Concierge Hosts

Jax

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I have just over a week until I set sail on the Dream :cool1:

I would like to give out thank you cards during our trip (possibly with extra tips) and so I was wondering how many Concierge Hosts there currently are on the Dream?

Thanks!

I don't know if this is the standard, but there were three during my cruise. And a bartender.
Have fun! pirate:

Perfect thanks!

I just wanted to make sure I was bringing enough extra cash and thank you cards for tips.

Perfect thanks!

I just wanted to make sure I was bringing enough extra cash and thank you cards for tips.
Just FYI. The tips between the concierge hosts are shared. They will give you an additional gratuity envelope for the concierge hosts. Any tips place in that envelope are shared between the hosts. If you want to give extra to an individual host/hostess because of their special attention, we have given the tip directly to them.

Also, there will be 1 primary and one assistant bartender in the lounge. Those two do not share in the tips that are given to concierge. So, unless you tip them directly, they do not get a gratuity for the service they provide.

Enjoy your cruise.

Also, there will be 1 primary and one assistant bartender in the lounge. Those two do not share in the tips that are given to concierge. So, unless you tip them directly, they do not get a gratuity for the service they provide.

Question--do they not share in the gratuities that are generated by the 15% automatic on all purchased bar items and split among all bar staff? I do realize that concierge guests do not pay for the items provided in the lounge, and I truly don't know the answer to this question. My guess is that they are either getting a cut of the bar tips that are divided among all bar workers or DCL is compensating them in some other way. Otherwise, why would they want to work in the lounge? Although many concierge guests do tip them.

Question--do they not share in the gratuities that are generated by the 15% automatic on all purchased bar items and split among all bar staff? I do realize that concierge guests do not pay for the items provided in the lounge, and I truly don't know the answer to this question. My guess is that they are either getting a cut of the bar tips that are divided among all bar workers or DCL is compensating them in some other way. Otherwise, why would they want to work in the lounge? Although many concierge guests do tip them.
When I asked PJ on our last cruise, he told us they do not get to share in the concierge gratuities. I never asked if they share in the 15% gratuities among all the bar servers, but my guess is yes. We did provide an extra tip to them at the end of the cruise because they were great, but will ask this question of PJ when we sail again in 3 weeks..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter