DREAM: Checking Cabin Availability Questions

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
I would like to book 4 cabins on the Dream for 2014.
I know what cabins I need but when going back/forth with a popular site that many use here, it is becoming frustrating for me to keep giving cabin numbers when I am asking very specific requirements (aft, middle/aft, connecting, etc.). Is there a way for me to go online and find out exactly what cabins are available?

If not, if I call DCL directly can I hold or just check availability and have the cruise transferred over to another site so I can get the OBC?
I need to talk to a person and go over cabin by cabin if I'm not getting the help I need from another place.
Thanks.

Hi.
I would like to book 4 cabins on the Dream for 2014.
I know what cabins I need but when going back/forth with a popular site that many use here, it is becoming frustrating for me to keep giving cabin numbers when I am asking very specific requirements (aft, middle/aft, connecting, etc.). Is there a way for me to go online and find out exactly what cabins are available?

If not, if I call DCL directly can I hold or just check availability and have the cruise transferred over to another site so I can get the OBC?
I need to talk to a person and go over cabin by cabin if I'm not getting the help I need from another place.
Thanks.

Booking that many rooms, I'd call DCL directly. They have to capability to see more rooms at once. And, could probably answer most of your questions.

You can transfer your reservation(s)to a TA, if you go ahead and book through DCL, within 30 days , if you wish.

Booking that many rooms, I'd call DCL directly. They have to capability to see more rooms at once. And, could probably answer most of your questions.

You can transfer your reservation(s)to a TA, if you go ahead and book through DCL, within 30 days , if you wish.

Perfect!
Thank you very much!

FYI from my experience the OBC was dropped in half when I looked into transferring our booking. Yes DCL has a lot more rooms available then they offer online we found this out when we needed connecting rooms and online didn't show any available when I called they were almost all available.

FYI from my experience the OBC was dropped in half when I looked into transferring our booking. Yes DCL has a lot more rooms available then they offer online we found this out when we needed connecting rooms and online didn't show any available when I called they were almost all available.

Thank you.
If the agency that many use here cuts my OBC in half, perhaps I will cancel with DCL and then have the new agency book the rooms. Why would they cut it in half? :confused3

Thank you.
I booked all my cabins!!! THANK YOU!

Before I transfer over my booking, I will look to see if anyone offers different OBC than others. I was not thrilled that I was able to book 4 cabins in 30 minutes with DCL and it took all morning/afternoon with the other site and still hadn't found what I was looking for but if they are the best with OBC, I will not spite myself (or really my mom - karensi, who is taking all all of us).
Thanks again.

Thank you.
If the agency that many use here cuts my OBC in half, perhaps I will cancel with DCL and then have the new agency book the rooms. Why would they cut it in half? :confused3

Before I transfer over my booking, I will look to see if anyone offers different OBC than others. I was not thrilled that I was able to book 4 cabins in 30 minutes with DCL and it took all morning/afternoon with the other site and still hadn't found what I was looking for but if they are the best with OBC, I will not spite myself (or really my mom - karensi, who is taking all all of us).
Thanks again.

I'm not sure if you are referring to Dreams Unlimited or another TA but most do offer less OBC for transferred reservations. It is usually more beneficial, OBC wise, to either book directly with a TA or name that TA while booking.

I'm not sure if you are referring to Dreams Unlimited or another TA but most do offer less OBC for transferred reservations. It is usually more beneficial, OBC wise, to either book directly with a TA or name that TA while booking.

Yes, I was referring to DU. I was not sure if I could say their name or not.
Just silly. I did more work with her then just my calling DCL directly. I told them exactly what I wanted/needed and it was done, 4 cabins all booked.
I will still transfer over my bookings (4 cabins over NYE) since half is better than what DCL is offering, which is nothing.

Not all TAs drop their OBC offered by half. To do what you wanted to, I was going to recommend contacting a TA who you could speak to on the phone to make your bookings. They could have conferenced with DCL with you on the phone.

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that reduced OBC for transferred reservations was due to the reduced commission that DCL provides for those reservation (because DCL did the original booking, not the TA). I know that there are often DCL-direct deals that are only for new bookings - I guess I thought this falls into the same area.

That said, I don't think there's a reduction in Costco rewards for transferring a reservation, but they may have a completely different sort of agreement with Disney (being a rather large company) than some of the other TAs.

Can you put a hold on the rooms for 24 hours, then have the TA book them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter