• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream- Cat 10: Deluxe Inside Stateroom

I actually WANT an inside room so we can play with the virtual porthole! lol

Just curious if the Dream will have "secret porthole" rooms and/or "secret verandah" rooms as the Magic and Wonder. Or perhaps they learned from the past and have taken care of that already....

Haven't read much on the dream as of yet, but wondered why Disney would have a new ship take over the wonder's route instead of taking over the magic's?.. with a ship that big wouldn't it be better to have 7 nights on it?

There's an easy answer for this question....$$$$. The 3/4 day cruises make a lot of profit for DCL, 2 sets of cruisers a week so twice the chance of double profits for them - in the shops and Shutters. Plus if you get a new cruiser hooked on a short cruise they will come back and book a longer cruise.
When the Fantasy joins the fleet in 2012 they will take over the Magic's 7 day Carribbean routes.

What will the Magic do then?

There's an easy answer for this question....$$$$. The 3/4 day cruises make a lot of profit for DCL, 2 sets of cruisers a week so twice the chance of double profits for them - in the shops and Shutters. Plus if you get a new cruiser hooked on a short cruise they will come back and book a longer cruise.
When the Fantasy joins the fleet in 2012 they will take over the Magic's 7 day Carribbean routes.

^^^ Wouldn't it be awesome if they Magic sailed regularly form CA to Hawaii? ::yes::

The Wonder will already be there (CA), the Magic will most likely (I think) be going to Europe once the Fantasy comes out (Fantasy then taking the 7-day cruises)

The Wonder will already be there (CA), the Magic will most likely (I think) be going to Europe once the Fantasy comes out (Fantasy then taking the 7-day cruises)

^^^ The Wonder will be in CA, but won't it be alternating between Alaskan and Mexican cruises? I'm wondering if they will relocate the two ships, Wonder and Magic, to CA. Alternatively they might send one of the newer ships to CA too (either Dream or Fantasy). The possibilities are endless.

^^^ The Wonder will be in CA, but won't it be alternating between Alaskan and Mexican cruises? I'm wondering if they will relocate the two ships, Wonder and Magic, to CA. Alternatively they might send one of the newer ships to CA too (either Dream or Fantasy). The possibilities are endless.

DCL has said they won't be sending either of the new ships to the west coast until after the Panama Canal is widened. I think I heard that's supposed to be completed in 2015, but may be pushed back a bit.

The Magic will be going to Europe when the Fantasy comes out, just not sure on if it will be there full time or not. But some of the captain's have said the world will be available to them when they have 4 ships in service.

I'm hoping for an Australia/Asia sailing with stops to Japan and Hong Kong to hit the last of the Disney parks I haven't been to.

Is the only difference in the inside staterooms a split bath?
Also, I noticed on the DCL website in the room layouts that the shower is not rounded on the inside staterooms like I had seen for others. Are the rounded showers only in the upper level rooms?
(I posted this on another thread but thought this might be a better spot for my ?)

The number of less inside rooms is a real bummer for families like mine. I'm doing all I can do to pay off my trip for next Halloween that I booked over a year ago. Sure, I would LOVE an ocean view room, but I just can't afford it. This is probably a once in a lifetime thing for me, and some people may never be able to go now.

A lot of DVC people will book inside rooms so when they take a lot of inside rooms the cash curtomers will get an upgrade to OV. Never gotten an upgrade when we used points, but got two upgrades when we paid cash. If the price/points get out of hand we will just sail less on DCL and when the grandkids get like nine we'll sell our DVC I hope it doesn't come to that. Maybe with all the new staterooms it will keep the cost down some.:sad2:

I did a rough count of the inside staterooms. There is like 100 fewer inside staterooms on the Dream even though the Dream is much bigger than the Magic / Wonder.....

Is there something special with the "corner" rooms...see rooms 6006, 7006, 8006, etc? It looks like they are much larger than the other 9A rooms.

Is there something special with the "corner" rooms...see rooms 6006, 7006, 8006, etc? It looks like they are much larger than the other 9A rooms.

Those are handicapped staterooms.

Is the only difference in the inside staterooms a split bath?
Also, I noticed on the DCL website in the room layouts that the shower is not rounded on the inside staterooms like I had seen for others. Are the rounded showers only in the upper level rooms?
(I posted this on another thread but thought this might be a better spot for my ?)

I only saw the round showers in the concierge family staterooms.

I only saw the round showers in the concierge family staterooms.

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Specifications:
• Sleeps: 4 to 5
• Size: 256 sq. ft. excluding verandah
• Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) and upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with round tub and shower
• View: Private verandah

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom
Specifications:
• Sleeps: 3 to 5
• Size: 241 sq. ft.
• Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed (in some), split bath with round tub and shower
• View: One large porthole window with built-in seating

Thanks for clarifying.. I guess that makes sense.

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Specifications:
• Sleeps: 4 to 5
• Size: 256 sq. ft. excluding verandah
• Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) and upper berth pull-down bed, split bath with round tub and shower
• View: Private verandah

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom
Specifications:
• Sleeps: 3 to 5
• Size: 241 sq. ft.
• Room Configuration: Queen-size bed, single convertible sofa, wall pull-down bed (in most) or upper berth pull-down bed (in some), split bath with round tub and shower

Thanks for finding this. I also found it on DCL's site when I was looking at the cabin numbers. I hadn't noticed it before.

And I hadn't noticed THIS:

May have to take a closer look at the artist renderings.......

And I hadn't noticed THIS:

May have to take a closer look at the artist renderings.......

I didn't notice that either until the other posted pointed it out. Now I'm having my TA get me pricing on a 10A and an 8D. But I couldn't find too many of either category and had a hard time finding ones that weren't connecting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter