• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Cabin #7002

jclshea

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed in cabin #7002 on the Dream? We have been assigned this cabin for a 7 night Mediterranean cruise but still have time to change. It's in such a unique location I just thought I would ask to see what you all think about the location. Thanks!

Pros:
  • Quiet floor (staterooms above and below)
  • Forward elevators are not as crowded as midship
  • Forward is where the adult pool and spa are located so can be very convenient for an adult-only trip
  • Very close to 7th floor laundry room
Cons:
  • Far forward = most ship up/down movement (rough if you get motion sickness), and can also get early morning vibrations from forward thrusters when docking in port
  • Smaller/slanted portholes
  • Far from dining and bars which are all the way aft
  • If you have kids, can be annoying that forward elevators open on the pool deck into adult only area

I’ve been in 7501 on the Fantasy, I was worried about the location as it’s SO far forward but I ended up loving it. Super quiet, really close to laundry when I had to iron something.

I took a peek in the room across from me with the slanted porthole and the room definitely felt bigger than a normal OV. Harder to see out of the porthole though as it’s on the slanted bit.

We were in 7502 on the fantasy for a western Caribbean and LOVED it. I wouldn't hesitate to book any of the forward facing rooms again. Because the beds are on their side facing forwards the front of the ship, we got rocked to sleep every night very gently. It was like sleeping in a hammock for a week.

With the Med, I wouldn't think you would have much in the way of ship motion. I would take that room without question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter